“Laytons offers unsanitary food with terrible service.”

Layton's Family Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food and service is terrible. I was served an undercooked runny crab omelette. I tried to eat it anyway and ended up bitting into a crab shell. After requesting a replacement. I was given a omelette which lacked any crab meat to which I was paying for. The manager was rude and unapologetic. She argued that the second omlette had the same amount of crabs and that I "wasted one omlette already" and that I would have to pay for it. I never argued about paying for the food I ordered.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was a great way to start off the New Years with an Excellent Breakfast at Laytons. Thanks and Happy New Year, Very Kind and personable staff, even accomadated taken our photo. Thanks again, the Shemanski's

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place has a great breakfast. The food is delicious and the prices are great. We were seated right away and our waitress was very attentive. I will definitely be going to breakfast here again next time I am in OC.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed in Ocean City between the 20th and 22nd of October. This time of year, many of the restaurants are closed for the season. Layton's Family Restaurant is located on Philadelphia Avenue between 16th and 17th Streets. It is a bit of a quirky place with two advertised businesses; one is the restaurant and the other is the doughnut shop. In reality there is a counter to purchase pastries. We ate there both mornings of our stay. The quality of the food varied based on what you ordered. I did eggs over easy, the remaining members of my group did either omelette or scrambled eggs. I was surprised that my eggs were not hot, they had barely any warmth at all. The scrambled eggs were reported to be great. The omelette a bit dry. I also had scrapple the first day. If you don't know what scrapple is I'm not telling but I felt the scrapple needed to be a bit thicker and less burned. I also had bacon anothyer day and it was cooked crisp and done, just as I like my bacon. Now the first full day was on Sunday so the restaurant was fairly busy. Service was great, our coffee cups remained full and we got in and out quickly (tee time was at 11am). On the second day, a Monday, we got there as it opened at 6am (tee time was 8am). We ordered breakfast and had an extra treat. The owner came from behind the counter and gave us a pastry sampler while we waited on our meal. He never introduced himself as the owner but we found out later he was as his picture is somewhere on the wall. I thought it was a great gesture and I appreciated the effort. The service was still great, our coffee cups remained full and we got out quickly.

Layton's Family Restaurant is a great place to have breakfast. There is enough variety to satisfy most taste. The toast is just right, the coffee hot and it is a clean place to eat. It kinda feels like the joint back home.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fast and courteous service and choices to suit anyone's taste. The owner was there and personally spoke with us, he is a great supporter of our military and veterans.