“solid option for the money”
Review of Maridel Motel

Maridel Motel
Ranked #45 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“solid option for the money”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

my wife and I stayed at the Maridel the middle of August for a Sunday and a Monday night. this is a simple, no extras kind of a motel that is not bad for the money. The room was clean other than a bag of bagels that the cleaning staff apparently missed behind the fridge. all in all for the price compared to the other motels around we were fairly satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clark2525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend and was surprised in a good way. We were on a budget this year, so I searched for a cheap hotel that did not seem to be a crap hole. Most hotels in OC are expensive for what they are, and are not very nice. The Maridel Motel was a very inexpensive, clean, friendly motel. Just a short walk to the beach, and the hotel is in a great spot to walk to most attractions. There is a fridge and microwave in the rooms, and they have a small pool. I was happy with the location and the hotel and staff. My only complaint was the t.v. which did not have many channels, and was old school. But, really how much do you watch t.v? We will definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your bathroom items. There is a hairdryer in the rooms, but no shampoo,etc. Was not a big de...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank doglover1972
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Took a very spontaneous trip to OC with no intention on staying the night until we got there. Found this motel and was pleasantly surprised! Furniture was outdated but room was very clean and the staff were nice and accommodating, Room had 2 double beds, small fridge, microwave and TV. Pool was extremely small but I didn't go to OC to swim in the pool. So overall, my experience was good and the rates are cheap so I booked another weekend before I left.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ladyrok35
Patton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great value at a great price! Got a great deal at one of the travel websites and was very pleased. Extremely clean and very friendly staff. Why pay an arm and a leg when little jewels like this exist? Very basic, so bring your own alarm clock and some hangers, but other than that, it was nice to not have to shell out a lot on a room. Pool is pretty small, but it's a short drive to the board walk and close to other restaurants etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie10965
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was shockingly surprised at how great this place was. I figured for a motel on bayside that it would just suffice for my one night stay. It was more than worth it though! Great prices..only $49 for a night! Flat screen T.V, A.C unit, fridge, microwave, WIFI, etc. Seriously there is so reason to pay outrageous prices at another hotel room when you can stay here, unless of course you want ocean view! The only semi negative thing is that all rooms have double beds but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make! I would most definitely recommend this place! Extremely clean to! You get the best bang for your buck!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ksaunders628
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We originally booked for two nights and ended up staying for five. The people here at the hotel are all very nice, the room is nice and clean. Anything you need they bring right to you. Don't expect your little travel and shampoos, bring your own. This is an old family run hotel. The pool is awesome and you are a block from the beach. Price is just right. We are looking forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christal W
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My love and I took the top floor suite for an overnight stay. Although the Maridel is chock full of vintage era furnishings our experience was that it was clean and comfortable, but quite possibly in a crime strewn area that may require more detail, security, and safe procedure for their guest's parking area.
Most disappointing was the owner's, Nancy and Paul, lack of attention to the destruction of our 1994 Fleetwood Brougham while parked on their property where Paul had directed us to park. "You can just leave it parked in front there since you are just staying the night", Paul said the day we checked in. Little did we suspect that the area was so dangerous. Had we known we would have parked our car in the secured lot with the rest of the guest's vehicles.
Things happen in life and business. I am a business man. I know. I also know when a little common courtesy and at least an acknowledgment of how a patron's misfortune while being served by a business can go a long way toward's good relations and a better rating then what I am giving this motel. There was no offer of compensation for the damages to our beautiful classic car. No offer to compensate us for being up until 4AM cleaning glass out of our car at a distant 24hour Walmart so we could tape up the gaping hole in the back of our car where the window was - rain was forcasted for the day! There was no acknowledgment of their responsibility in directing us to park our car at the front of the motel exposed to pedestrian traffic. There was not even a simple 'sorry' offered up by Nancie as we checked out or by Paul as he zoomed past us with his head down like he didn't see us. Really??
Is it the Mariel's fault our car was damaged? Yes, I believe so. They know their neighborhood. Yet they directed us to park it in an exposed area. We did not have damage insurance on our car and these repairs; our return trip to Worcester County courts on Dec 4th to try to collect from the culprit Nicholas M Maher; our stay at another motel for that trip and the fuel will be out of our pocket. Some sort of acknowledgement and compensation would have been appropriate.
Too bad the management of the Maridel is so poor. The old motel itself is suffering for it.

Room Tip: Top floor suite is like stepping back into the 1950's, but clean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple