“Filthy”

Ranked #45 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Maryland
“Filthy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

I chose this place because it was the off season and i wanted to be on the boardwalk. They had an early booking discount code so the price was great. I got an efficiency with a king bed thinking it would be perfect and very romantic. When i got there i was informed the rates had been dropped for the year... great. I soon found out why. The room was NASTY. The carpeting was flat out disgusting being extremely stained and crusty in some areas. The bathroom was not particularly clean either. As I mentioned i was on a romantic get away with my bf that i do not get to see very often. The maids decided it was acceptable to not knock and just stroll right in at 8 in the morning, then again at 11 AFTER we told them no room service thanks. If there had not been a chain on the door, they would have been in for an inappropriate sight. NOT ROMANTIC to be walked in on without so much as a tap tap tap on the door. There was no privacy sign to put on the door.........

The only nice thing i could say was the pool was nice... as well as the location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BadSatin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Columbia , Md
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I travel alot and am not picky at all where I stay...Here is the truth...
When we arrived to the hotel the employees were very friendly..I liked that..I almost feel bad telling you how nasty this condition of the hotel and rooms were...the lobby did have a musty odor and there were two sofas ..the sofas looked like they were from the 60's nasty and ripped around the edges..when we got to our ocean front room after passing through a hallway with sloped creaky floors ...we opened the room and found a pair of mens shoes ..lol..the room smelled alot worse than the lobby!! I left it open the whole day hoping to air it out..even the ocean could'nt remove it. The curtains were dryrotted..lol..the bedspreads were so old ..please cmon.they were from the 60's also..I didnt care about that though..It was the odor!! The odor kept me awake!! I had to pull a cover over my nose to sleep..There were four things that kept me there that night..1.The 24 hour pool..although there were two year olds in there after 11 at nite..screaming! 2.The hot tub..very nice..it was enclosed for privacy..closed at 10pm. 3.The view .although the balcony was creaky and didnt seem safe!!
4.The location right on the boardwalk..
I would not recommend taking little ones ..the outside play area was really run down ..there was glass on the ground..The picture online looks great ..but it is nothing like what you see..
Spend a few dollars more and go somewhere where you can relax and enjoy yourself

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oceanlover010

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Brookhaven, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

My friends and I stayed one night over memorial day weekend. It was $200 a night which I didn't think was too bad. We had an ocean view room with a balcony. There were only a few things a didn't like, the entire hotel gave us a very dirty feeling. The lobby was just strange and the hallways make you feel like your on a ship. The first set of room keys we got didn't seem to work, they issued us new ones. When we got into our room it was very outdated but not bad. We were left a note in the bathroom from the hotel which stated "Due to the out of control water issues in Ocean City your water pressure and temperature will fluctuate" Which the next day we found out that means that there will be no shower pressure and either your freezing or getting burnt. I found it strange that after you shower your ceiling rains for a while, they don't have fans in the bathrooms. The room was pretty big and came with a fridge which was nice. The only other things I didn't like was that our door to the balcony didn't lock and anyone can hop over the railing into your balcony. That made me uncomfortable at night. Other then that I've stayed at worse hotels. If your over 21, I totally suggest "Seacrets" you'll have the best time and for $2.50 you can ride the bus all day!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbi32
Haymarket
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Well this past year the family wanted to go back to Ocean City, Maryland but I did not want to stay down by 1st street too much noise and activity. So I figured 26th street would be good a little away but still have the boardwalk access. Well with these parameters the Flagship came into mind.

After reviewing the previous reviews here on trip advisor web site, I was 50/50 on the initial hotel however after the end of the week the experience was not too bad but I can see where others may have unpleasant experiences. Here is what we experienced and you guys can make your decision.

PROS: (no special order)
- Staff very friendly and helpful even in middle of the beach season.
- Staff quickly repaired DVD cables so we could watch movies (rain night).
- Staff fixed backup bath tub (slow to drain).
- Pool was clean and had a bar close by for a quick adult beverage.
- Cost was better than other hotels in the area.
- Staff cleaned the room daily and provided towels.
- Bathroom was clean and seem new titles and fixtures.
- Ample parking for our 1 vehicle (SUV).
- Good beach location.
- Ice and Vending Machine
- On the end of the boardwalk (much quieter than down on 1st street area).

CONS: (no special order)
- Found a woman's pair of underwear and shoes left under the bed.
- Missing cable for DVD player no problem staff fixed it after calling down.
- Our room was close to the beach exit door..heavy traffic coming/going.
- Room was tight for 4 (2 adults and 2 children)..was about 12'x15'.
- There is a restaurant below the rooms #120-#130 area of the horseshoe style hotel.
- Beds and Pillows were old and worn out...would be nice to have updated mattress and pillows.
- AC worked great but difficult to manage again in middle of summer.
- Kitchen area is a little small.

Recommendation:
Overall not bad but for the same amount of money spent, you might be able to do better from other hotels in the area such as better bedding, updated rooms and amenities. For the basics it is okay, I would stay on the opposite side of restaurant and 2nd floor above the beach door entrance.

3 Thank trainwreck_va
dover pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

Where do i start rooms were never cleaned even after we asked dead fly still on the floor whole vist nothing to eat with in the kitchen room holds 4 people 2 chairs to eat at and only 2 spoons 1 fork and 2 knives that wouldnT cut anything would not tell any friends or family to ever stay here and need to say we will NEVER STAY AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Reserved this hotel before reading any of the reviews. Read the reviews and was terribly worried. Upon arrival found the Flagship to be an older hotel but very clean and neat. We rented an efficiency room for 13 days and could not have had better service and accomodations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, not sure where these other people stayed or what they expected but must not have been the same place we stayed. Will definately book this hotel again for any of my trips to oc with family or friends. Thank you staff of the Flagship for making this a great vacation.

1 Thank snowmandesigns
Clarence, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

We've stayed here before and the kids love the pools and play areas. My husband and I like the poor bar and live music so we stayed again. It was a disaster. We found dirty socks in our bed and had to change the sheets ourselves because the housekeepers had gone for the day. My 4 year old found an open bag of cheese curls in the cabinet and was about to eat one. Thank god i caught that in time. She had no idea they weren't ours. We found a pair of sandals up in the closet between what were supposed to be the extra "clean" pillows...um lets see, our door handle broke off one day and we were locked inside the room. good thing my husband is handy and rescued us!! Best of all, i was caught in a hallway behind 2 of the housekeepers who were groping each other so much that they didn't even know i was standing there enjoying the show until i excused myself. I might have lost my cool had one of my kids been with me to witness that!! I complained several times and I was assured that it was taken care of and that we'd be taken care of upon check out...guess what...I wasn't reimbursed for a thing. I had to change my own bedding for god sake...needless to say we will not be going back there again. Shame, this used to be a pretty nice place and I'll miss that pool bar!!

1 Thank tjrigg