“Loved it”

Flagship Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at the Flagship, and we loved it. The room was very spacious and super clean. We had an efficiency room on the second floor. Bathroom was spotless when we checked in too. Yes it could be updated, but worked for us. Our biggest problem was the TV. It is a tube style. Would be nice to have a flat screen. The balcony was very big also. Loved that the outdoor pool was on the oceanfront side of the hotel. They also have an awesome pool bar. I have read some complaints about noise and stuff, but wasn't an issue. It's vacation and kids are noisy, which means they are having fun! We will definitely be back. Another plus is the pop machine was only $0.40 for a can or $1.00 for a 20 ounce. Cheapest I've seen in a hotel. Also free coffee and fruit in the lobby.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank beerycrew

Reviewed July 10, 2014

First Trip to O.C..... hotel price thru expedia was excellent. It has indoor and outdoor pool, which is a big plus. It is ocean front. The boardwalk is nice, its really a plus that that tram stop is just out and to the north of hotel. (Tram rides $3 each person). The hotel is older and you cannot expect The Plaza for the price we paid, so keep that in mind. It does show definite signs of wear. Our bathroom had 1960's mint green tile, tub, and vanity, but it was clean. The hallways do have an unpleasant odor, i must say. The housekeeping keeps towels and sheets clean & white. Each morning, while our kids slept in, we would meet housekeeping in the hall and trade out for clean towels. They were always kind and glad to help. Ashley at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. The walls are thin, but we were on the first floor so we didn't have to worry about those below us. Each room has a balcony, so u can dry your swimsuits and boogie boards there. A rain fall should not wet your balcony. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, which we used. Parking is limited....I suggest to park wherever one day one, one morning of day two move your car to closer lot. We had no problem using the wi-fi on 1 laptop, a nook hd+, and cell phone, always a strong signal. So in summary - if u are here to swim in the ocean, enjoy the beach and rest your head at night, then this is just right for you. If you expect The Plaza, then this is not the pkace for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LMcNala
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is our second year staying at Flagship. I read more posted reviews and was a little anxious, as some were not as positive as in the past. However, we had a very pleasant stay. We learned from last year to pack power strips and extension cords, and not to bring a watermelon...(the fridge can't accommodate it). The staff was very nice, and even the front desk was very helpful. I only have three minor complaints...the walls are paper thin, and our room was a corner apartment. We could hear every step that came down our hallway..and it seemed no one ever walked. They ran and jumped... The Riptide pool bar is very popular, however, so popular, that the patrons use the hotel pool to cool off and to sunbathe. It presents a problem when the hotel residents are not able to find a lounge, because of the bar patrons. There are signs posted, but security in this area is lax. The last is the parking. It is truly horrendous. My suggestion is find a place and don't move your car unless absolutely necessary. We took the tram or what we used to call the drunk bus ($3 pass for all day? Whatta deal!). We had a blast, otherwise. Thanks!

Room Tip: We love the corner apartments. Great value and although there is no balcony, the noise level is quit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank toodlelu2
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've been here a few times and usually never have problems. The only negatives would have to be hospitality. Sometimes hotels carry medicines, so I go to ask for Tylenol at the front desk and the lady looks at me like I have two heads.. oh well, we only have to deal with them maybe three times a trip.. Oh, and if you're like me, a teenage girl who enjoys wifi and service.. yeah, don't expect any of that. There are 4 different routers for each area of the hotel and not one of them work good! Aside from those two minor downfalls, the hotel is very nice. It's comfortable, love the free fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The pools are nice and the location is nice.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

First off there is barely any parking for this place and the overflow parking lots are a few streets away. The women who work the front desk are extremely rude and impersonal. When I asked a question she wouldn't look at me and then just kept ignoring me. After dealing with a women who blatantly ignores you at the front desk, we walk into our room with a broken AC. I will say the maintenance man was wonderful and extremely helpful. Thank god for that one maintenance man restoring my faith in this place so I could make it through the weekend. In one opinion....I will never come back based on the poor hospitality that my friends and I received at the Flagship.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I enjoyed it, rooms were big, was clean when I arrived housekeepers very helpful and that was my first time in ocean city, they made my experience comfortable. didn't get bothered with noise but a tip to fellow viewers. the month of june is when they have senior week around the 1st or 2nd week I do believe, it will be noisy if you are wanting it quiet don't go during senior week. Overall I had a very pleasurable experience

Room Tip: Rooms toward the top close to the 3rd from the bottom or higher are more quiet, and be friendly to h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I read reviews and most were positive. The location was good, but the room was very dated and had an awful odor when we would first walk into the room. I think we didn't notice after being in there for awhile. The outside pool area was very dirty and there were cigarette butts all over. The pool wasn't clean and it was filled with sand. The indoor pool was more of the same. As for the rest, we watched an apple core sit in the hallway for two days and still wasn't picked up on our last day. Housekeeping only came once during a three night stay.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and you will enjoy your vacation more. We will never stay here again.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family