“Hotel from Hell....”

Flagship Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this hotel by sight alone. Location was nice other than that nothing really good to say. There are 5 different parking lots to try and park in because everything is full. You have to carry your luggage up stairs because there are stairs on every floor between rooms. Price was expensive. Our rooms floor was mysteriosly wet all the time.

I booked 7 rooms at 220.00 per night for 2 nights each. Later I called spoke with Scott the manager and added 2 additional nights for 2 families. I was told the rate was different and the room might be but shouldn't be a problem. I called 4 days before and tried to cancel 1 room for 1 night. I was told it was a 7 day cancellation policy even though I have confirmation email stating 72 hours. So we check in and we are told we have 2 reservations because we added 2 nights. So on Sunday we drive an hour away for my sons baseball game and I call the hotel about the 2nd reservation and they tell me I have to check out of my room and move to another room. I said Scott the manager told me I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. They said well we will remove your belongings if you not out by 11. I said even though the manager said I didn't have to change rooms. Then I wad told Scott would be in at 4:00pm and I could talk to him then. We got back by 3:00pm and they had moved all of our stuff to another room. The other family we were with had food from the previous nights dinner thrown in there suitcase. They put clothing in our cooler. My wife was mortified by what they did and how they went about it. They could have called Scott or myself before but they didn't.

I'm 52 years old and have had a lot of hotel experinces we travel a lot due to my sons baseball team but this was the
" hotel from hell'. We will go back again to Ocean City but won't be staying here. What a disappointment...

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank ScottJones092

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The outside pool is wonderful. We have already booked our next trip. The location is awesome, it's right at the end of the boardwalk. The hallways and elevator are dated, but the rooms updated. I would recommend this to anyone and I don't understand the negative reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark Andy R
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stay there for 2 years straight. The first year it was people on the third floor is making all kinds of noise all nights long and result in sleepless night. The second years, the bathtub clogged completely and have to wait a while for a repair man to come. In both year, I was told that I was that I make reservation for ocean front view, but it was NOT. It was a sideview and to the hotel staff, every room is ocean view, but you just can't see the ocean. The hotel building is exactly like letter 'U' facing the ocean. Common sense should tell you the two sides of the 'U' is facing each other and no ocean view. Only bottom side of the 'U' is facing the ocean and should be consider ocean view the rest.

Room Tip: It is recommend that you should call the hotel first hours before arrival to inform the hotel your p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kenny2460795
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is an older hotel not modern but - that being said they make up for all of that with the best customer service - Scottie night one was so wonderful - then spent a few hours with Kate during the parade she was the best rep I have ever meet - would love to have 100 employees just like her- personable friendly wow - we asked we got whatever they could do to help make our stay great - the indoor pool and hot tub 24hrs a day ! Can soda .40 bottels $1 on every floor - the view was out of this world - dont go looking if you are looking for the Ritz - it's clean and the hospitality is excellent thank you for a great weekend can't wait to see u in October!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Wpoohg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would not recommend going to this place. I will never go back customer service is ok but not great. Small dirty rooms Nice location on boardwalk maybe as a last resort. But definitely last resort. Only good thing about the place was that we refused to stay there and they would not give us our money back but hooked us up with a room at the quality inn for the same price.

2  Thank the4jbs
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

First day we got there was foggy but still nice. Checked in and didn't like the room so asked for a different room. Scott, who was very kind, had no problem accommodating us. The second room was a lot better. The first two nights we slept peacefully but the next couple were not so great. The room stayed very warm and when we did open our balcony door to cool our room by 7:30am people were working on renovations. So we were up at 8:00 every morning. Not really worth the $10 up charge a night. Bed was a little rough but we aren't used to box springs anyway. The pillows on the other hand were very flat. All in all an okay stay. I don't think I'd stay again had a better nights rest at other hotels.

3  Thank Minasilly
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Throughout our visit not only was the staff very helpful but awesome awesome as well! They were tons of fun! They helped us with figuring out what to do and finding good restaurants. The hotel was very clean and housekeeping was very prompt and fast. Scott is an amazing manager! Keep up the good work! We cannot wait to come back!

3  Thank sarjane_2