“Great Time, Greater Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Flagship Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Virginia
“Great Time, Greater Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

We have stayed at the hotel for 2 years now and we have always had a great time. It is not the top of the line, but it is a good place. The view it offers can't be beat. We had a problem with our room last year and they worked with us until we were happy.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank VirginiaBeachbound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reading, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2008

5 of my girlfriends and I decided last summer we wanted to start an yearly trip to OCMD. We found this place becuase we decided last minute and it was very reasonable. The hotel was a little old but for the price we paid we would go back in a second. We actually are.
The rooms are large, and they have connecting rooms which are nice for larger groups. The location is wonderful. Right on the boardwalk. The rooms were clean, and while they were a little outdated very nice. The balconies on every room were large and connected so we could all hang out on the balconies in the evening without straining to fit. The outdoor pool was beautiful. Very clean. The indoor pool was not as nice but still had no problems using it. They served a simple breakfast each morning which was nice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carlajo
New jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

all I can say is that I was so so disapointed it was our 33 year Ann. get away. took the ferry from Cape May, New jersey to spend the weekend and see ocean city beaches. the hotel was awful smelly durty. just not kept up with I would not go in the pools the indoor was worst then the out door one. very very sad is see what could have been a nice hotel for the money. it was not cheep either and they would not let me get out of paying for sat. I had to stay the two nights. i really hope that the owner of the hotel read this and other reviews and does some inprovements. very dissatisfied guest

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank tedhoney

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2007

I stayed at this property approx. 4 or 5 years ago when it was Best Western/Flagship Oceanfront hotel. This property greeted us with a musty smell in the lobby (hotel entrance door remained open our whole stay) and followed us to our room. The front door to the room is wood and did not give much comfort to security. No screen door for Patio Door, no shower lining for shower curtain, I have not seen a green old fashion bathroom since late 1989/1990. The linen was old, dingy in color and wringed. Have not experience that in 20 years. The day after we arrived we were scheduled for a fishing trip--needed to be up at 5:00 A.M. Since I was up all night because of the thin walls and the next door guests kept their T.V. on from the time we arrived at 2:30 P.M. until 1:35 A.M. in the morning (loud) and their romantic expisode I requested Wake-up Service from the front desk for 5:00 A.M. Needless to say, the Service called at 6:10 A.M. as we were departing our room for trip. Good thing I did not have a Conference that morning.

Our room was on the 2nd Floor which we could only take the rolling butler to the Arcade Room on the 2nd Floor. We had to take our luggage and all other bags off the trolley, walk up two steps, walk down a very long hallway, down two steps and turn and go half-way down the hall to our room. We asked for a smoking room, but all signs on the door said non-smoking and no ash trays, however, front desk called and asked if the room was ok and I mentioned the non-smoking room and I was told that it was a smoking room and do not pay attention to the sign. Ash trays were not empty.

I just did not feel clean in this accommodation.

Also, the walls are thin and as well as the floor above where you could hear everything next door and above.

One night we went out to pick up dinner early and there was no parking available upon return. I had to inquiry at the desk and found out there were two other over-flowing parking lots ajoining.

I DID NOT HAVE A PLEASANT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY.

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank jburrello
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

Flagship Hotel Maryland
Aug 2007
My family and I just returned from this hotel last week, not only is the staff uncooperative but they were very apathetic regarding my concerns. When the room was booked we were told that it would be oceanfront. The only way I saw the ocean was a huge lean from the balcony. The refrigerator was so overrun with ice that nothing could fit in the freezer. The patio door would not close properly which stopped the AC from working, when I contacted the maintenance staff I was told " all the balcony doors need to be replaced" and with that he departed my room. The cleaning staff left the front door to my room open while we were at the beach one day. I don't know how long it was open but there were no maids in sight. When my wife went to the front desk to speak to the manager she was greeted by an underage/underqualifed indivdual who responded with a blank stare. When the issue was pushed he said that he could call the police.
The overall apperance of the hotel is marginal at best and the hallways stink of stale urine.
If any one knows the parent company of this hotel could you please post it so I can contact them regarding their hotel. This is not a place that you want to spend your hard earned money on.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank chfrunamuk
rockville, md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

I recently stayed in the Flagship hotel. I was a little worried after I read some of the reviews that the place was going to be just awful. Luckly it was not. Yes the hotel is old and has narrow hallways, but one cannot expect every place to be Atlantis or the Plaza. That said the location of this hotel is great. It is right at the end of the boardwalk and has a pool oceanside. There is also an indoor pool and two hot tubs. In the moring there is continential breakfast, mainly of miniture donuts and bagels. One plus is hot water was available all of the time. The coke machine upstairs is only .40 which was nice, and there is a bar next to the pool that serves alcoholic drinks and typical beach fare (hot dogs, nachos, ect...). I have stayed in very upscale places with fantastic interiors. This hotel is definantly not belong in this genre; however I did find it clean, comfortable, and what one would expect from a small boardwalk hotel. I did not have any smell in my room, except for the aroma of salt air. The room was bigger than average, and appeared clean enough to me, although I did not stick my nose behind the toilet or in the corner behind the TV to see if it was emaculate, I was too busy trying to enjoy my stay at OC.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The contiential breakfast could be better
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdtraveler1982
pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

OK to make a long story short, I booked this hotel after seeing a room that I supposedly were going to get. When we arrived, the place smelled terribly of urine, the hallways were extremely narrow and the room was full of bugs. The door to the "balcony" did not shut and was rusting. The room was dirty and the beds were hard as a rock. After not even being in this hotel an hour, we demanded a refund and got out of there. NEVER stay at this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family