“Vacation 8/20/12-Great Week!”

Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lewiston, New York, United States
“Vacation 8/20/12-Great Week!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

After all the reviews I read, I was very nervous to stay at this hotel, but I'm glad I did! We had a wonderful time and the hotel was great. The front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff were very nice and helpful! We had a great room with a great view, it may have been a little small, but we weren't in the room much anyway; it was great to wake up and see the dolphins in the ocean!! There was always fruit and coffee in the morning. Our room was steps to the beach/ocean and being at the end of the Boardwalk, there was not too much commotion. The Riptide Bar had great food and frozen drinks. Yes there was a smell in the hallways, but you are right above a seafood restaurant, what do you expect! It did not bother us. Great location and we will stay there again!! I hope this helps other travelers! Thanks so much Flagship!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront efficiency was the way to go!!
2 Thank Melinda C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel just this past weekend during our stay in Ocean City. The location was fantastic. We had a balcony with a full view of the beach and the waves rolling in from the ocean. Our hotel was right on the boardwalk and steps away from the beach. However, the appeal ended right there. The hallways smelled like urine and I spotted numerous dark stains on the carpet made of God knows what. When I laid myself down on the bed, I'm not sure why but I was continually paranoid that there were invisible germs coating the bedsheets. The hotel room and the bathroom had a weird odor that could not be eliminated with my can of Febreeze. I would not every stay here ever again. If you're planning on visiting Ocean City any time soon there are much nicer hotels than this one. Save your money and pay a little extra. At least you'll be staying in a cleaner place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christian C
Luray, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Based on the pictures on the website and the price of the room, I thought I was going to be staying at a very nice hotel. I was wrong. I should have read the reviews on here first. From the moment I stepped in the front doors I had a bad feeling about this place. The staff wasn't very welcoming and acted like it was an inconvenience for us to be there. The elevator is tiny. The hallways and our room smelled like pee. Upon notifying the manager of this smell, he said that he could not verify it. There are several other reviewers who also mentioned this smell. The room was a lot smaller than they make it look in the picture. The coffee in the lobby was decent but there was never any fruit in the mornings. The Wifi internet was horrible (when it even worked) Out of the 4 or 5 wifi hotspots around the hotel, I could never get better than 1 bar of signal. I couldnt connect to the internet half of the time either. The riptide bar was pretty cool but it closed way too early. This hotel is a good location right on the boardwalk, but thats about all it has going for it.

2 Thank Bradley G

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Ocean City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was wonderful! We used it for a family vacation with two young children. The beachfront location is excellent with the outdoor pool facing the ocean. Additionally, we were pleased to see a pirate ship play area for young children in the courtyard. The service was impressive and we are already planning to stay here again next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Stephanie R
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My sister and I have been going to the Flagship for now 5 years. We have experienced so much fun.They have indoor and outdoor pool, an excerise room, a suntan bed, a bar outside . Its a great place to stay rooms are real nice, and the staff are excellent, Scotty is very personable and he will do anything to make your stay great, We love this hotel we will always stay here when we visit OCMD.
thank you Flagship.

Room Tip: the best rooms to stay are the oceanfront so you can watch the beautiful sunrise and sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Patti419
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a well needed family vacation and the perfect place to rest my toes in the sand!! The hotel was very warm and inviting! The staff was magnificant!! Anytime I needed something extra the staff always delivered! The room was clean, bathroom was clean, the breakfast fruit was deliscious!! I will always stay at this affordable ocean front hotel!! I was a joy to have such a wonderful childrens area and tables for picnics, beachfront pool, and a beachfront bar and grill. The food was great, staff was friendly, and all guest seemed to be having a wonderful time!! I suggest this hotel if you want to stay at and affordable price with quality!! The desk managers are wonderful and very responsive to your needs!!!!!!!! Its a winner!! If I could give 6 stars I would!!

3 Thank Gretchen J
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I feel the need to defend this wonderful, friendly hotel from unfriendly, unhappy reviewers!! As far as the narrow hall...Yes they are smaller than the new billion dollar establishments, but I'd rather have a larger room than worry about a hall that is pleanty large enough for any size persone to navigate through!! As for the odor, I did not experience any type of odor in the hallways. Maybe it was a bad weekend. Hotels can not always control the odors that other guest have left behind!! Water pressure was not nearly as strong as the pressure in my home, but it was pleanty to get the soap, sand, and dirt washed off. What more do you need!! You are on a barrier island!! Staff was extremely friendly and available anytime you need them!! What hotel in OC lets you use the hotel after checkout for the rest of the day and prior to checkin on the day of checkin...NO ONE!! except the Flagship!! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel! Everytime I have stayed at the Flagship has been a relaxing, enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family