“Great View extremely Clean.”

Flagship Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #45 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great View extremely Clean.”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

After reading all of the bad reviews for this hotel, I became really nervous after my mother told me that was where she booked her room for our family vacation. My husband and I booked an Efficiency with a King Sized Bed. The rates were pretty reasonable for peak season (July 29-31).

On the way to the hotel my mother received a call from the hotel stating that there had been some matience issues and they were unable to use the room, but they were offering them a free upgrade to the Quality Inn on 16th. My mother wanted us all to stay together so the hotel accommodated us and moved someone else. Upon entering the staff was friendly, the lobby, indoor heated pool, and the jacuzzi were all clean. We stayed in room 230 on the second floor. The room was spotless and newly renovated. The hallway outside of our room smelled like trash , but we were located directly above the Jonah and the Whale dumpsters and as long as it didn't enter our room I didn't care. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the mattress was new! Our balcony was gigantic and it was located right on the end of a row of rooms. SO when you walked out you literally had the best view of the beach. We spent most of our time on the balcony watching the ocean, it was beautiful. If I knew we could come back and get that room I would absolutely return. My mothers room was on the opposite side of the hotel and it was not renovated. I think a lot of the bad reviews are for the non renovated rooms. If you do plan on staying here bring your own pillows, theirs were definately need of replacement.

We had never been to OC before so we were not sure where our hotel played in the scheme of things. I did not like how we were located at the end of the boardwalk and had to hoof it to get to m

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Tealwombat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Very nice place and the staff was very accomodating! We had ocean front and were located overlooking the pirate playground and pool which was ok but there were up front ocean front rooms closer to the beach!! We had a nice view but we stayed an extra night and they moved us up right on ocean front!! That was a NICE view! Will go back there!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank creationzbykim
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Almost cancelled our vacation due to all the bed bug reviews, all of the Harrison family hotels rated no bugs hurray! Clean, and staff was very accomidating. My sister has asthma and is sensitive to dust and mold, no problems! On my way back in October.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The place was convenient and off the main course of traffic. The staff was very considerate and nice. The hotel goes out of their way to stay clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank mommysgal
Whitehall, PA
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Flagship in July 2011. Upon arrival, I asked for a newly renovated room and was told that they were all booked, so we had the older style room located on the level above the lobby (I believe the newly renovated rooms are on the top floor). It was satisfactory. As I entered the room I thought, “It doesn’t smell!” Oh boy! I was very clean! Yes, some things could be updated, but what more can you ask for- it was CLEAN and the space was great! Be balcony was huge and we had a beautiful view of the ocean! I didn’t see any bugs and the beds were comfortable.

Tips/Things to consider:
1. As you are looking at the ocean, the dumpsters are located on the left side of the building, so request a room on the right. Please know that if you do happen to get a room on the left you will not have a view of the dumpsters, you might have the smell though.
2. I stayed in room 128. This room had a great view. If you are not booking an ocean front yet would like a great view, consider requesting one of the rooms closest to the pool/ocean as these rooms have a better view.
3. Sand hose: As you exit the beach you might be looking for the hose to get the sand off of your feet, well you won’t find one near the boardwalk. I believe it is located in the courtyard.
4. Food in the lobby: Be sure to check throughout the day as it may change. We found the 24 hour fruit, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate to be a very nice touch.
5. The staff is excellent- don’t be afraid to request the things you need.
6. Tip the cleaning crew- these individuals do a superb job! I am very picky, and do not appreciate a missed spot. This cleaning crew is remarkable!
7. Walk a few streets over to the Howard Johnson on 24th street and eat breakfast at their poolside diner. I had wonderful Banana French Toast! The food is great!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Whitehall123
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Right on the Boardwalk, at the north/cleaner/quieter end. Clean room, new very comfortable beds, wi-fi, fridge, mircrowave, coffee machine, outdoor and indoor pool, (indoor pool is open 24/7!), helpful staff, elevator, (great, as it's four floors!). It was our first visit to Ocean City and Assateague Island National Seashore. A great time, which was augmented by this very nice and conveniently located hotel. We will be back! :-D

Room Tip: Our room was on the side on the top/4th floor. Not the best view, but okay. Who's there to sit o...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Petra_Krolik
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had a great time thanks to Scott, the manager, he was awesome. He went out of his way to make us as comfortable as possible all of the time. The only complaint i have is parking, there wasnt really any good parking, but other than that I loved the hotel, and the outdoor pool was great too. Thanks Scott!!! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family