“Stolen Property”

Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites
Ranked #26 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Best Western. Upon Arrival another guest stole my IPAD while I was checking in. I immediately told the front desk staff and the response was "What do you want us to do"?. There was a camera system there and initially they refused to view the film. I called police and again requested we view the film. We were able to determine that there was one couple who must have taken the IPAD due to the fact that they were the only ones in the lobby at the time of the incident. Management refused to even ask them if they had seen my IPAD and did nothing. I am sure if it was them who were robbed they would have viewed the video in a timely fashion and attempted to locate my stolen property. This all happened in plain view while I was checking in. If you stay there remember that WHEN your stuff is stolen management will do NOTHING to help you retrieve. This is an actual quote from the ownwer "I would not want to do anything to make the suspected thiefs of you IPAD uncomfortable during their stay". Wow I bet she would see it differently if it were her IPAD missing.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Noel H
jiminoc, Owner at Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest. First of all thank you for staying with us. I apologize once again that this unfortunate incident happened to you. As I recall, you left your IPAD next to the elevator in the lobby when you were taking your luggage to your room. After you reached your room, it was then you realized you had left your IPAD behind. Once we were made aware of this, we immediately called the police for you and explained the situation to them. We also explained to you that we needed our General Manager in order to view the tapes from our lobby secuirty camera. We never refused to view them. After review we discovered that the camera angle did not reveal the exact location of the luggage and IPAD, and therefore was no help in the investigation. Again, I am sorry that this happened to you, but we feel that we did everything we could to help you in this situation.
jim@bestwesternocsuites.com

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here the first weekend in August, 2012 with 9 other girls. Rooms were spacious enough for us and all our luggage. Perfect location close to the beach and Seacrets in a short walk. Free breakfast was a bonus.
The price for a suite with 2 beds and a pullout couch fitting 6 people was the same as for a tiny regular hotel room - super worth it.
Be prepared for noise though, lots of partiers.
Staff was friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Get a suite - floor 3.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank KatyTravels
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, close to the beach and activities. The rooms are are quite nice with comfortable beds and lots of towels. The housekeeping is excellent. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I left a library book there. They found it and sent it back to me right away. A great place to stay in OC.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katherine W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stay here at least two or three times a year. the price is right, The rooms are always clean, the staff is friendly and the managers bend over backwards to meet your needs. Your very close to good restaurants shops and about a block and half to the beach.And most important your only a few blocks, walking distance to Seacrets bar and grill! They have a complimentry breakfast set up for you every morning toast,bagles,cereal, waffles and coffee,juice,pasteries everything you need to start your day. we have stayed at several places in OC we keep going back here, We will be going back again in three weeks

Room Tip: If you cant get rooms online call the hotel direct,sometimes they have somone cancel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank islandlover92
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

It's not the fanciest place but it is in a great location. It does get a little loud because you're right on coastal hwy. it was a good price. The room is big. Lots of space.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Gigi219
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The service was okay, staff seemed overwhelmed but friendly. The cleanliness is what bothered me. Scuff marks all over walls. My comforter had stains. When I walked into the bathroom there was pee in my toilet. The grout was supposed to be white, but it was brown. Internet was slow. Location great, but since it is on the highway expect noise. Expect housekeeping issues.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Acolz28
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After returning to Baltimore, we drove to Ocean City, MD for two nights. Great welcome. We were given a Two Room Suite with two queen beds and sofa bed in the other room. TV and dressers in each room. Table, chairs and wet bar. The bathroom was large. The suite was clean, quiet and comfortable. Large bathroom with jetted tub. The breakfast was A1. Nice complimentary breakfast. The attendant will make the waffles for you. Hello and thank you to very friendly Joyce. They have an exercise room. Very close to the beach. One street to cross. Near all attractions and Boardwalk within a 5 minute drive. Good little grocery ''Minit Market'' at 3107 Coastal Hwy (south of the Hotel at 31st St. Full grocery products, cold cuts, cheese and homemade donuts. The Hotel is about an hour drive to the Lewes-Cape May Ferry driving North on same road. All the people, at reception, breakfast room, maids, were very nice and friendly, and yes indeed, Alexis is an excellent photographer. :) Great experience in a very affordable and safe place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple