“The best ever!”

Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
“The best ever!”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We have been coming here fort two years now and it just gets better each time.
This establishment is very clean. The rooms are great and they each have a balcony of the pool. It is located a 1/2 block from the beach (and you don't have to cross the street!

The office staff is wonderful. Since I usually arrive at night I have had the pleasure of dealing with "Stevie" . She goes out of her way to make everything work well for the guests. She has always been polite and very helpful. In fact, so many people here
make you feel as though you were visiting your favorite relatives (I must also mention
Rod, Joy, Carol, Sonia and the rest) I have learned that most people who come here
are "regulars" and they just keep on returning. I come here in the spring, summer and fall. This is the best place to stay. I highly recommend the Barefoot Mailman.

JC

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank josep141

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have been going to ocean city since I was a child and rememember this hotel over the years in my travel up and down costal highway, and finally took the opportunity to stay. Even though hotel has been around for years it is a charm. Room was very clean and so was bedding and towels. It was great to have the opportunity to stay in a king size bed and still have room for a double bed for my 2 kids to sleep in and plenty of room to move around. The hotel was very quiet and the landscaping which helped to seclude the hotel from the highway gave it a more private,tropical and secure feel. The personel at the hotel were very friendly and very informative. Check in and check out was a breeze and parking in a private lot with gated entrance was definately a plus. If you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay that has a nice little pool this is the place. It is reminisent of "old ocean city " before all the high rise buildings.

1 Thank softballmom2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The Barefoot Mailman is very conveniently located, only steps from the beach, in a central location between the Inlet/boardwalk and the northern end of Coastal Highway. The grounds are beautifully maintained, management staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and they worked daily to keep the facilities as clean as possible. This motel ranks well above some others we have used in OC. Our family weekend at the beach was great.

1 Thank mevans5021
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have been staying at the Barefoot Mailman Motel for many, many years. My Mom and Dad and Brother and Sister-in-Law and Boomer also stay here. The rooms are always so clean - you walk in the room for the first time and it smells clean and everything is nice and neat. The staff are all so friendly and nice. I have gotten to know everyone who works at the Barefoot Mailman because of my frequent visits over the years. It is so nice to be greeted so friendly when you arrive and again when you depart. I have made friends with Rod, Joy, Steve, Stevie, Carol, Gin and the other housekeeping girls I have met over the years. The rates are very reasonable, the location is perfect. Everyone around 35th Street are very friendly. The beach at 35th Street is lovely - a lot of nice families. One of my favorite things about Barefoot Mailman is walking down to the boardwalk from 35th Street. It is a nice walk. We walk up the quiet alley to Baltimore Avenue and from there down to the Boardwalk. Besides everything I mentioned above, one of the reasons I keep coming back to Barefoot Mailman Motel - I feel like I am amongst family and that means a lot to me and my family. In a world where there is a lot of negative things today it is nice to find such a good thing - THE BAREFOOT MAILMAN MOTEL!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djlangel
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The hotel rooms are pretty standard. They are clean with an extra sink outside the bathroom which comes in handy. The fridge and microwave allow us to save money on eating out b/c we can bring drinks and snacks. It's a two block walk to the beach, which is nice and there's a bus stop on the corner which makes our commute to Secrets, short and sweet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank pennstatebrenda
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My friends and I have been staying at the Barefoot Mailman for 7 years running. The kindest people on earth. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and reasonably priced, the pool has a ton of sun and is not shaded by the hotel and it is close to Seacrets and the board wall. It took a few years to find this gem of a hotel. But once we did, we have never tried another. A+ in my book

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lnovack
maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This was our 2nd year there and just like last time, we were treated like royalty. It felt like we were comeing home again. The room is spacious, the Motel is a short walk to the beach. It is also close enough to get to the boardwalk but far enough away that you enjoy the peace and quiet. The pool is cleaned every day and you can see it from the balcony, so it was nice to be able to watch the kids and hubby in the pool while preparing dinner. The staff is really personable and friendly, The rooms are clean, you wouldnt know that a pet had been there before you. Price is reasonable. It is an older establishment but kept up well. I have 3 children so it was a tight fit with a king and double bed, they provided a cot at the last minute and were happy to do so. I cant say enough good things about this place... it was fantastic, and we will be back. Penny thanks you as well. :)

1 Thank travelwithpennygirl