“Pet Friendly”
Review of Barefoot Mailman

Barefoot Mailman
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The motel rooms seemed to have been remodeled since my last stay. It is a basic older motel, but is is very well maintained and pet friendly. Coconuts bar is 2 blocks away and had a pet friendly seating area. The pool is small but the ocean is only 1/2 a block away.

The staff was very friendly and incouraged us to stop by the office often to pick up treats for our dog. They also loaned us a hair drier and wine opener.

Upon check out we left something in our room without knowing it. Before we left the property the maid came and found us and returned the item left behind.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ee0831
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear "ee0831"
Thank you for taking your time to share your compliments. You are correct, the motel was recently renovated and that included all new wall coverings, carpet, furniture, luxury Eurotop bedding, as well as new linens, bedspreads and window treatments. I’m glad you enjoyed that we are pet-friendly and were able to enjoy a vacation with your dog. I was most encouraged to read that you were able to retrieve your left item. It reinforces our faith in our loyal staff that has been with us for many years. I hope you’ll return to Ocean City, Maryland and stay again at The Barefoot Mailman Motel.
Adam L. Showell, Owner

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went for a trip with my daughter for her dance recital at the nearby convention center. The room was dirty, and her wedding ring and my daughter's earrings were stolen out of the room. So for 2 nights, the room cost me just under $500 + a $3,000 wedding ring and a $50 pair of earrings. The ring and earrings were laid out in the room next to the microwave, and when we returned they were gone. She should have locked her stuff up - at the same time, the maid was a thief OR someone somehow got into her room and stole her stuff. There is a $500 reward is someone somehow comes up with it which is more than likely not going to happen.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kowalczyk86
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear "Kowalczyk86"
We are sorry that you lost your jewelry. However, it was not taken from your room. You didn't call us to report it missing and ask us to check for these items until TWO days after you checked out. We did a full check. The property was not on the premises. I am sure it was lost at some point. But I don't know how you could not know your wedding ring was missing for two whole days or more.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our first stay at the Barefoot Mailman this past week. Chose this place based on reviews and being pet friendly. My son has special needs and wanted to take his dog. This place fit the bill. We were able to cook my sons meals in the kitchenette and he was able to take his dog for a walk in the alley along the property. The room was clean and had no problems with adjacent room noise. Plan on staying here again next year (if not sooner).

Room Tip: Bring a portable gate to keep your dog inside your balcony area. There is a railing between the roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank whocanitbenow
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear “whocanitbenow”
I was so glad to read your compliments of The Barefoot Mailman Motel and thank you for taking your time to share them. It sounds like your son enjoyed having his dog along on vacation and I’m thankful that you chose The Barefoot Mailman for your trip to Ocean City. I hope you’ll make reservations with us in the future and enjoy the rest of the summer season.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed one night while traveling south. The rooms were spacious very clean and well equipped. Sheets were nice and white and decor was updated, nice flat screen tv ,coffee maker ,mini frig. You face the road for a view . They do have a small pool. It is very important I find a clean hotel that will accept my shitzus this fit the bill.
I did hear other dogs barking from rooms next to me which riled my dogs but that is to be expected. Only fault is the plug in my bathroom was loose and kept popping breaker.

Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank 5starbeachrentals
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear “5starbeachrentals”,
It’s great to read that you were satisfied with your accommodations at The Barefoot Mailman Motel. We did an extensive renovation of the guest rooms which has been well received by new and returning guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the new linens and the amenities that we offer in our rooms. I am not sure if you advised the front desk staff about the plug in the bathroom but I can assure you that this item will be checked in all of our rooms in the immediate future. We take great pride in being able to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations to meet the needs of all types of travelers. I hope you’ll return to The Barefoot Mailman to stay during your next trip to Ocean City, Maryland.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 2 dogs stayed there for the weekend. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. If you're looking for exquisite, this is not the place to stay. The rooms were clean and welcoming. We were close to everything. I would definitely recommend the motel and plan on going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patricia K
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Patricia K,
I am glad to hear that you and your husband and both of your dogs had a good stay. I appreciate your recommendation and your continued patronage. We have completely remodeled our rooms with new wall coverings, new carpet, new luxurious Eurotop mattresses, new linens, lighting, window treatments, and much more. These major renovations have been very well received by new and returning guests. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in providing clean accommodations and all of our staff truly enjoy interacting with all of our guests, including their pets. You are right, the Barefoot Mailman is close to everything. Our convenient location is close to the beach, boardwalk, rides, shopping and nightlife. We look forward to having you and your family back at The Barefoot Mailman Motel.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Unfortunately my daughter didn't have the same experience this year! Office personnel were extremely rude, (female staff)to my daughter (who was 18) and her friend. Last year she stayed there and had a great time so she and I thought the place would be ok again. WELL, WE WERE WRONG! Not only did the the room which was very close to the office have a gap in the door that bugs could get in, and the floor was slimey. But on leaving they asked for their room to be checked and female office staff was too busy to look, and I had to call to find out if deposit was credited. So I in no way would recommend this hotel after this years experience. Sometimes people think that you get what you pay for however... I hope that everyone considers these reviews as I do, especially when sending you seniors.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dee4343

Dear "Dee4343",
Thank you for review. First let me say that it was a pleasure having your daughter here for high school graduation. We have checked the room where your daughter stayed and will make corrections to the weather stripping under the door. When your daughter checked out, there was a short delay with the refunding of her security deposit. It was refunded at 10:00 AM the morning that she left. We do hope that each guest that stays at the Barefoot Mailman looks at these reviews since far and away, they are excellent. We continue to strive to make every guests visit to the Barefoot Mailman and Ocean City to be a good one. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter stayed there for senior week. Gail helped me book the room and explained policy for guests under 18. My daughter and her friends enjoyed their stay. She liked the room and had nothing but positive things to say about Gail! I would definitely book a room there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TM12345
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear “TM12345”
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding The Barefoot Mailman Motel. My staff and I appreciate it, and are glad your daughter and her friends enjoyed their stay. Gail has been an excellent addition to our staff. I hope your daughter had a safe and enjoyable graduation celebration while in Ocean City and look forward to having you and your family stay at The Barefoot Mailman Motel in the future.
Adam L. Showell, Sr.