“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barefoot Mailman

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Barefoot Mailman
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just got back from the Barefoot Mailman and had a great stay there. The office staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. The convenience of having an elevator in the garage made it easy to go get our things upstairs. Having a luggage carrier helped a lot too.
We had an efficiency room which was very clean and had no pet odors, The room did need the bathroom updated, but other than that I have no complaints. We plan on going back next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Virginia N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here because they are pet friendly and dogs are allowed on the beach after October 1st. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My dogs were treated like family...they even let them swim in the pool:) Great location! I just cannot say enough about my experience. Will be going back next year around the same time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katminor01
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've stayed here every Sept. for the last couple years( use to stay @ Castle in the Sand, then we got a dog, and they recommend Barefoot)and I have no complaints. Great place, good employees and clean. Love staying there! The front desk lady knew who I was just by my voice, impressive! We arrived a little early and they let us check in early.Clean rooms( and I'm a housekeeper @ Country Inn & Suites) and I know clean and the housekeeper(Clementine) did a great job!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Shelly1271
Blacklick, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. My husband, cat(s) and I have been staying here 2-3 times a year for over a decade. We first found this place while looking for pet friendly places to stay in OC. If you are a pet owner, then you know how hard it is to find a clean, reasonable place to stay in OC with pets. Other places want to charge you extra for a pet and then put you in their pet friendly rooms that are dumps. That is not the case at The Barefoot Mailman. Every room is very clean and comfortable. The staff (though I consider them family now) are truly caring, friendly, pet loving folks. I only wish that they were open year round (hint, hint to Adam!). :) Thank you Bonnie, Joy, Stevie, and the entire staff! You make this Ohio family's stay very enjoyable. Take care and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mommiecat
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stevie the manager came to my room one of the first mornings, banging on the door and proceeded to open the door own her own. She yelled at us for "being loud" the night before. And gave us all problems about it. And soon later found out she had the wrong room. She said she was going to charge me $20 extra dollars cause we had 6 people sleeping there the first night. Which I didn't mind. Then when I checked my bank account, I learned she charged me $60. So I go the the office and she wasn't there. So when I checked out the last day, she was there and she gave me the reciept for the $60 extra charge. I asked her what it was for and gave me a complete attitude. So we were going back and forth. She said she already charged my card and she couldn't do anything about it. I asked the refund in cash but she refused. Then I told her that I was gonna give her a bad review online and she said she didn't care cause it's rated best motel in ocmd. And picked up a piece of metal and put it in my face and bragged about it. I just told her told have a good day walked out and she didn't say anything in return. One of the employees gave me a number to call. I called "Bob" which is her boss and told him what had happen and he said he would talked to her about it and call me back. Still never got a phone call back. This is the worst experience with costumer service and motel/hotel experience I had ever had. I DO NOT RECONMEND STAYING HERE!

• Stayed October 2012
12 Thank jason195
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

First thing, the room smelled like dog pee. The sheets were dirty and one bed was double the size of the other. The first night we went down, the room next to us had a few people over, which did not seem loud to us what so ever, and we were right next door. The next morning around 730am, one of the ladies that worked there came banging on the door. As i opened it, she came barging in the room saying that there were sixteen people in the room last night and that if we made one more false move and had anyone else besides the two of us in the room at anytime, they would call the cops and have us locked up, mind you we paid 140 dollars a night and they told us we couldn't have one person in the room besides the two of us.( Bullcrap). After she came in the room flipping out, one of the cleaning ladies came up to tell us that the original women felt bad because our room was SPOTLESS and there was no way we had all these people we claimed to have. We left and stayed somewhere else. Once we checked out, no refund, she did not say one word to us or apologize for acting he way she did. This was the worse experience I have ever had. Stay at the Tidelands, the rooms are reasonably priced and we had a wonderful experience there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Sherry H
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stay there several times a year. We have never had a spec of trouble. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They even helped us out when there was a storm at home and we had no electricity. We were able to get another room for the night, they really went out of their way. The cleaning staff there is also great. Every time they see you they ask if there is anything you need or they can do for you. I just wish they were open year round.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple