“I Love This Place”
Review of Barefoot Mailman

Barefoot Mailman
Ranked #42 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I cheaped out and went somewhere else this year. What a big mistake! I love this place. The rooms are great! The people at the front desk remember you and treat you well. I'm comming back and will never stray again. It's also pet friendly and they have an elevator!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bulldogz200us

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visit the Mailman twice a year, in July and October. Two very friendly
cavaliers accompany us each visit. We've watched our favorite place go from very, very nice for family and pets to "WOW", can't believe the wonderful changes made each year!" The Mailman is NOT a place for dogs only; and sorry pet owners, settle for what you can get if you want to take your pet to the beach. NO, this is a classy place with the best staff anyone could ask for, especially at a beach resort without an international name (ie, Hyatt). Everyone is friendly, accomodating, even pampering, if you choose, very clean, caring, and genuinely happy to have you and your pups visit. The pool is lovingly cared for and always receives excellent ratings from the city inspectors. There are many repeat visitors, (with and without pets!) that many of us look forward to seeing each year because we have all become part of a summer family. This also includes many staff members at the Mailman who greet us and treat us with genuine affection. How many other O.C. lodgings do that for their "friends"?
I really could go on and on, but in closing, we must give kudos to Stevie, Joy and the other wonderful staff members at the Mailman.
This is truly a great place to visit!!
SOFIE, ZOE & FAMILY

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms. You have a choice of efficiency or not, but all have refrigerator and micr...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Best place I stayed at in OCMD. Great price, huge room and huge beds. Great view. Extremely clean, quite and wonderful staff. They truly love animals. Best pet friendly motel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hacarr88
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was close to a friends condo. The hotel let me park here early in the am prior to check in and remain parked the entire next day. Since it was listed as pet friendly, I was a little worried.You know, yapping dogs and such, but no such occurrences. My room was on the 3rd floor and very nicely accommodated. The only issue I had was the overpowering smell of Lysol. While I know I am a sensitive person, it was really strong. I spoke to the front desk at check out and they told me that should not have been the case and they wished I had brought it to their attention when I first checked in. If I had been spending more than 8 hours in the room, I would have but as it was, I was only there one night. Monday is trash pick-up so be prepared to be awakened at 7am by a very loud BANG! I think a little sound/weather stripping around the door might help this situations/ I would definitely return to this hotel if I had a pet. The price was great for the room, especially in Ocean City Maryland.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Liv2dyv
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I thought this motel was fantastic. Great location, beach is nearby and less populate than down by boardwalk and the front desk staff was very nice. Rooms are nice and clean,recently seem to have been renovated, and everything just makes you comfortable as a dog owner. The front desk gave me doggy treats for my labs when I checked in as well. I will stay here everytime that I come to Ocean City in the future with my dogs. Oh, and they have a doggy walk and the buffet at castle in the sand is a steal!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Backofyourmind
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Have to say we were very impressed with the hotel. Rooms were great, nice pool your own private balcony and they love pets (which all hotels should) about 1 block from beach and around alot of great places to visit and a quick 10 min walk to boardwalk and the tram is waiting :)
My partner and I will come back again and again!!!!
If you want to look at the ocean go to another hotel.Once it is dark you cant see anything anyway :) This was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JEKDES-NYC
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear JEKDES-NYC,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, it’s amenities, and it’s great location convenient to Ocean City’s most popular attractions. Our location is Oceanside so there are no streets to cross on the short walk to the beach. Our guests at the Barefoot Mailman are also invited to participate in the free children’s activities at The Castle in the Sand Hotel, which is just one block north of The Barefoot Mailman. Thank you for sharing your comments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation in Ocean City.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This past week was our third year at the Barefoot! Every year it gets better as you get acclaimated with the surroundings! 10 blocks from Seacrets - Coconuts beach bar at your back door - and 5 blocks (ish) from the Boardwalk! They are super great with pets. Not a place where "yea we take pets but we don't like them" - this staff actually is very friendly with the pets and very accomodating to them (welcome bag!). The hotel is well kept and clean. This hotel may not have an ocean view but is only steps from the beach! This hotel has the best sunsets from the 4th and 5th floors! We are sunset watchers so it's the perfect place for us! Thanks Barefoot for another awesome stay - we'll see you again next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy S
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Amy S,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your third year at The Barefoot Mailman, our pet-friendly hotel at the beach! Our location is conveniently located to so many of Ocean City’s popular attractions. One of the added bonuses is we are Oceanside so there are no streets to cross on the short walk to the beach. I am glad you experienced a beautiful Ocean City sunset, hope you enjoyed all of your vacation in Ocean City, and we look forward to seeing you next year.