“We love the Rideau!”

Ranked #87 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Center Valley
“We love the Rideau!”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have been staying at the Rideau for several years now. You just can't beat the location!
Everything is right in front of you.
I do think the place could use a little more updating than the furniture and paint. Other than that the staff is nice, the pool is great,parking is safe, there is a bar and funnelcake stand right underneath of you!!!
We love the Rideau and will continue to stay here!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank erikac1041

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We went to the Rideau Motor Inn for a three night stay in August of 2009 in a ocean front room. The staff was very friendly and helpful while we were there. The room was clean and roomy. Also the room's view of the ocean was incredible.The beach was straight across from our room and only seconds away from the Boardwalk. Overall i would definitely recommend the Rideau Motor Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank george1214
Mtn. Lake Park, Md.
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I drove to O.C. the morning of July 4,2009 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I was very tired because my I had just arrived back in the U.S. from Germany. We arrived at the Rideau Motor Inn and checked into room 204, when we opened the door I thought I would have a heart attack. The room was filthy, it had one little window which looked into another room that was completely gutted. The curtain rods were rusted, the sink in the bathroom was cracked and had a big seam of caulking on it. Then there was another sink outside of the bathroom, which was outdated and dirty. I'm a country girl,and come from a small rural area, I'm definetly not a fancy girl, or a rich spoiled girl, but this was horrible. I cried for two hrs. After I gained my composure, I went to the office and ask if there were any other rooms available and the unpleasant desk clerk said not until tomorrow and it will cost you $83.00 more,so the next day we moved from one horrible room to a less crappy room. This place should be called "The Redo Motor Inn", because it needs torn down and rebuilt. I can see why they don't give refunds, because once people check in and see the rooms, they would definetly check out!!! Dave and Connie Simmons

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank connies3699

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Winchester,Va
Reviewed June 16, 2009

The room was very poor and needed a lot of make over. Very run down. Had a balcony and ocean front which was good. As much as the room cost they could at least replace the mattress which felt like sleeping on the floor. And bring your own pillows because there pillows there were so worn out that they were as thin as paper and lumpy. The service was poor. Would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank DebbieWinchester_Va
Massillon, OH
Reviewed December 26, 2008

The Rideau is the best kept secret in Ocean City. The recently updated NONSMOKING rooms are huge, the oceanfront balcony view is fantastic, parking is safe and steps from your room and the clean pool is great! Yes, the bathrooms need updated and it's a bit of a struggle hauling suitcases up several flights of stairs. However, if you are looking for a great value the Rideau can't be beat. Five women were very comfortable in their 5 night stay in the LARGE oceanfront room. Check out the Rideau website and their reasonable prices.

• Liked — large room and great oceanfront balcony
  • Disliked — dated bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank bsg5698
wv
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My sister and I stayed here for 3 days with 5 children, ages 6 months, nine, eleven and 2 fifteen year old girls. we had a wonderful time! our room was facing the pool and was the largest room i have even stayed in, it was easily the size of 2 regular rooms, our house keepers were awesome, sure the room was old but very very clean. The pool was amazing, and the location was ideal for us with all the kids. I will definately stay here again in the future, by far the best experience i have had in ocean in the past seven summers of going there!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lillbeck
Oxford,Pa
Reviewed July 24, 2008

This was the very first place we stayed at when we began our visit to Ocean City a few years ago. We stay here every time we visit. The reason why I love this place is because of its location ,its easily accesssible to park rides,arcades,beach,and restaurants, which are all in walking distance. After we spend all day at the beach, we can shower near the pool site,and then spend all evening swimming in the pool which is very safe for our children. When it gets real late ,we sit on the balcony overlooking the ocean and watch tourist strolling the boardwalk. The parking is free. Overall this is a nice place to stay and our children love it.

• Liked — its on the boardwalk and close to the ocean and other events and has a pool
  • Disliked — the furniture and beds
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank oceanfront_8