“My Most Relaxing Vacation”

Safari Motel Boardwalk
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
hanover twp
“My Most Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I am writing to share my opinion on my most recent vacation to Ocean City Md. I would like to thank all the staff at theSafari Motel for another wonderful and peaceful vacation. I cannot say enough about the kindness of the staff and owners of this hotel. I have stayed this year January, for New Years, Easter and May for Springfest and Now most recently for ten nights for Sunfest and Winefest. I recently lost my one dog in May after we came back from OC and this was my first trip without her. I still have one dog , Eddie, that we took this past vacation in September and even though I was saddened without her at the beach, the personnel staff at this hotel made my vacation very relaxing and help to cheer me up. My Daughter came for only the weekend three with her husband and son and the hotel staff wasalso very graciousto her and her family. The hotel has hot beverages complimentary all day and night, Clean rooms and linens.,very gracious staff, and an exceptioanal Location right on the boardwalk. I cannont wait for my next trip which will be for Thanksgiving. I would personally, like to Thank Arthur, Marie, Irwine, Leehay, Yolanda And any other Staff Personnel, For Another Exceptional Vacation.ON. There is no other place I would ever stay when in Ocean City, Md becayse these people make me and my husband, Al and our dog, Eddie feel like family and like we are at home.

1 Thank beach027

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
towson,md
Reviewed October 5, 2010

we have stayed here for the last 10 or so years. The motel offers a no frills room which is ultra clean and well maintained. The mini fridge is definitely a plus,but we take a cooler for our beverages(there's free ice in the lobby). We take our dog with us and this is one of the few motels which accepts pets in OC. Did I mention how CLEAN the place is? Fresh linen and towels everyday! The location is perfect--quiet and steps to the boards and beach. Free Coffee/tea in the lobby 24/7! Arthur, Irving and the rest of the staff will go out of their way to make your stay a good one. We love the Safari and will continue to go there.

1 Thank professorrock
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2010

First-Time Stay, with much apprehension as this is one of the few ocean-front hotels that accept your pet. The Staff at the Safari are KIND, and no doubt, pet-lovers. They go above and beyond to make sure guests are comfortable, (as well as their furry children). The Location is Stellar (just steps to the boardwalk). I am one of those obsessive people who can NOT SLEEP in a dirty room, You will see people CLEANING AND SPRUCING UP here, Very Attentive to Cleanliness. You can't beat this older Hotel for Price and Value, the rooms that accept pets are tile floored, which is brilliant. Bravo to the Safari, you can teach an old-dog new tricks!

2 Thank tannersmom64
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was very pleased with my stay at the Safari Motel. What initially attracted me to the hotel was that it was pet friendly and the only people I trusted with my pet were traveling with us.

Our room was located in a 3 story building directly behind the hotel. Just about everyone there had a dog which made me feel right at home, but I was a little worried that the rooms would not be clean. I was very surprised to find the rooms not only were clean, but had no trace whatsoever of previous furry visitors. No smell, no pet hair, nothing! The rooms admittedly need a little updating, but if you're looking for a clean place to stay with your pet, this is it!!

The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and willing to help with whatever you need.

The Safari Motel is literally right on the Boardwalk - right next to the Phillips restaurant/hotel on the beach, where we had an exceptional (but expensive) meal.

Just a couple of things to be aware of before your visit: only one car per room gets a parking permit with the hotel, so you're going to have to find parking for additional cars. We just parked on a side street during the wee hours of the morning. Also, you may want to bring your own pillows since they ones they provide are pretty flat.

I will definitely be returning to this place and reccommending it to my pet-loving friends!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ktbaby85
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This motel has a great location on the boardwalk right in the middle. The staff was very friendly and ready to provide you anything you may of needed during your stay with them. You share the balcony with all who stay at the motel and what fun we had on it meeting new friends. The price of the room is very reasonable and we will be staying here again on our next return to Ocean City.

1 Thank Birdrimata
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was our first time in Ocean City and my family and I had a great time. Safari Motel is located right beside the boardwalk and allowed us go swimming to the beach at any time we wanted.

We arrived pretty late at night but check in was no problem and really quick. One of the first things I noticed about our motel room was how clean it was. No dirt, no dust, freshly cleaned towels and sheets. The rooms weren't too small and they accomodated my family of 4 nicely. During the night we never had any problems with noise from other rooms and slept nicely.

The staff was really friendly and helpful whenever we needed assistance. They also helped us with directions to nearby places. They also had coffee and tea available to you anytime you wanted by the front desk which was really great.

Outside of the motel they had a hose so you could rinse the sand of your feet from the beach which was really convinient.

The maid service was really good too. Fresh towels everytime we came back to our room and it always cleaned up really nicely.

I would 100% reccomend Safari motel to a friend and next time I'm in Ocean City I will be going there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank s123q
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is my fourth year at the Safari - 13th and Boardwalk is the best place as it is close to the action withouit out the noise of blocks 1-8 ....two decks to relax on and have a beer and watch the ocean and the action on the boardwalk ..The staff is awesome and accomidating..Coffee and tea and ice always available at the front desk. I checked several properties and this was the best price by $ 20.00 a day. Its close to everything !!
Its four floors so its easy to get in and out . My friend has 2 small daughters and it takes forever to go back and fourth in larger hotels. Walk out the door and the beach is 50 feet away. I know this sounds silly but the showers are good also...clean and they have special shower heads that have good pressure and massage feature..Brand new air conditioners, very comfortable. We love it there and will be returning soon. Its a comfortable,safe, clean, friendly place to stay and would recomend it to anyone.
It has free internet also which is a must when I travel,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends