“A plesant surprise and a great experience”

Safari Motel Boardwalk
Ranked #46 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 16, 2012

In planning our vacation to ocean city the week after labor day, one of our requirements was to be able to take our two dogs with us. Safari seemed like a good choice, and it absolutely was. The "pet" rooms were on the first 2 floors and of course had tiled floors, not carpet. Nice basic rooms, VERY clean! comes with a small fridge, and coffee in the lobby. The staff was exceptional and very polite. There was the sound of pups missing their owners from the lobby, but we never heard anything in our room. We had the chance to talk with some people on the beach, and when we told them where we were staying, they said that everyone they talked to from there were equally as happy as us! A definately recommendation, we will be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Will F

Reviewed September 14, 2012

PRO: Ok to start off with it was very clean. This place is a border line "Hotel" not motel. We felt very comfortable there. The mattress and box spring were both covered with a removable and washable cover to prevent infestations and I could tell that it was brand new. The carpet and bathroom flooring was clean and not sticky or damp ( I hate that). For a motel the room had a fridge that was not tiny and the bathroom was acceptable size. The staff was very helpful and would not accept tips (We tipped anyways :))
CON: There are no beach front views from the rooms although it is on the boardwalk, so be careful when you see beach front listed (They do however have a veranda in front of the building). Also even from the Third floor you can hear the loud music from the store downstairs which starts early in the morning.

Room Tip: Top floor would be best to cope with noise from music and people upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second time staying at Safari and there was no question about it when we decided to go on this visit. This place is ideal for us since we take our dog with us and they are super helpful as our last time. The room was clean which is important to us and beds are comfortable. Thank you Art for your wonderful hospitality and making our stay enjoyable. The friend we had with us will also be taking advantage of your facility hopefully in the near future.

Room Tip: This location is ideal because it is right on the boardwalk and convenient to shops and beach. Perf...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Luclog
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel in Ocean CIty, MD, the choices are few and far between. Safari Motel is right on the boardwalk and the parking is free so these are big deals. The room was tiny but clean. I am amazed by the pet fees being charged in Maryland and Virginia. This one was $30 per night and in my current location, they are actually charging $40 per night for a declawed, spayed female cat. Ridiculous!!!
At Safari, the usual amenities that we have all become accustomed to during our travels, are absent. No breakfast, no hairdryer, nowhere to hang clothes, needless to say, no iron but again this is the beach so I guess it's okay to walk around wrinkled.
I found it to be overpriced but I guess when you are on the boardwalk, it's whatever people are willing to pay.

Room Tip: I was placed on the first floor next to the front desk and ice machine. Punished for having a pet I...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The main reason my husband and I booked this hotel was because it was the only pet friendly hotel with availability for labor day weekend. The room had everything but a microwave. It was just an old hotel. There aren't any plush amenities. There isn't a pool either. We did like the fact that there was a community balcony, tile floors, and that it was on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sarahe5682
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Safari Motel is a wonderful place to stay. Family owned and operated. If you needed anything they were right there to accommodate your needs. Very friendly and did everything they could to make your stay a great one. I will be staying at this motel every time we go to Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birdrimata
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Okay, so My sister and I went on vacation this past week (Monday-Thursday) we had previously stayed at Safari for one night on a quick trip 2 years ago. It did its purpose, and I really remember this being a clean place to stay for being a motel (not big on motels) when we go to the hotel it was a bit after 3 on Monday, we checked in. When I reserved the room online from their website, I requested the main building and a non animal room. I got the complete opposite. Okay thats fine Ill deal. Get to the 2nd builidng room and it spelt freshly clean (AWESOME!) but I did not want that building (being two younger girls not very safe) look around everything was ncie, but still not happy... Look up at the wall and the smoke detector was pulled out of the wall. That was the last straw. Went to the front desk, advised them of my request and the fact that there is no smoke detector and ask him for a room in the main building and he could not provide as they were full, I then ask for atleast a smoke detector and he was going to give it to me, he then was somehow able to find a room in the main building(since he could not provide a detector). we get in that room, and it smelt of pee/mustiness. Overall, it was accomodating and the owners were friends but still not the happiest i have been!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family