“What we needed”

Safari Motel Boardwalk
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The main reason my husband and I booked this hotel was because it was the only pet friendly hotel with availability for labor day weekend. The room had everything but a microwave. It was just an old hotel. There aren't any plush amenities. There isn't a pool either. We did like the fact that there was a community balcony, tile floors, and that it was on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sarahe5682

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Safari Motel is a wonderful place to stay. Family owned and operated. If you needed anything they were right there to accommodate your needs. Very friendly and did everything they could to make your stay a great one. I will be staying at this motel every time we go to Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birdrimata
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Okay, so My sister and I went on vacation this past week (Monday-Thursday) we had previously stayed at Safari for one night on a quick trip 2 years ago. It did its purpose, and I really remember this being a clean place to stay for being a motel (not big on motels) when we go to the hotel it was a bit after 3 on Monday, we checked in. When I reserved the room online from their website, I requested the main building and a non animal room. I got the complete opposite. Okay thats fine Ill deal. Get to the 2nd builidng room and it spelt freshly clean (AWESOME!) but I did not want that building (being two younger girls not very safe) look around everything was ncie, but still not happy... Look up at the wall and the smoke detector was pulled out of the wall. That was the last straw. Went to the front desk, advised them of my request and the fact that there is no smoke detector and ask him for a room in the main building and he could not provide as they were full, I then ask for atleast a smoke detector and he was going to give it to me, he then was somehow able to find a room in the main building(since he could not provide a detector). we get in that room, and it smelt of pee/mustiness. Overall, it was accomodating and the owners were friends but still not the happiest i have been!

1  Thank KaylaK322
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The room we stayed at was very small, but perfect for two people! It was clean, and the staff was friendly. We couldn't ask for more for the price we paid. Location is awesome, it's right on the boardwalk and the beach is a minute away. I would definitely come back to this motel again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kateryna90
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Safari Motel, The location is perfect for an Ocean City vacation and they provide convenient free parking. The room was very clean and although the furniture was a bit beat up, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. We enjoyed the decks overlooking the ocean and the bike rentals right in front of the hotel. They have free wifi and coffee. With their location we were able to park the car and not move it until we were ready to leave. It was a good value and exactly what we were looking for.

1  Thank KA6184
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would recommend this motel to my family and friends, I had an excellent experience. Perfect location, very clean, pets friendly, it is all what i need. Staff were very hospitable and welcoming. I will come back to Safari again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nat U
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Read reviews on many hotels and decided to go with Safari even though there have been a few unhappy campers who stayed here. The draw was the location on the beach, the awesome view and rides far enough away but not too far to walk. I was very happy with my time here! The room was your typical shore hotel room but pretty clean. The shared balcony was awesome! I didn't have to share it with anyone because no one was ever out there! Here and there someone would come out but it was just perfect! Loved it! The view is just spectacular and so relaxing. The price was fair since it is right on the beach and much cheaper than most hotels. Had no problem with the staff, thought they were pretty friendly when you talked to them. Will definitely return next year!

1  Thank DisneyFan042