Safari Motel Boardwalk
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$170
ComfortInn
Dunes Manor Hotel, Court & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$319
$271
$350
$297
$308
$285
ComfortInn
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$209
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$269
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$328
$319
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$238
$190
HIExpress.com
The Spinnaker(Ocean City)
$235
$613
$567
All reviewsdog roomscommon balconyclean roomsocean viewboard walkthe room was nicetrip to ocean citythe past yearsboardwalkcleanlinessbalconiesmaidlaptopporchproperties
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at the Safari Motel over the Easter weekend. We chose the Safari motel after reading on the message boards that they were pet friendly and our usual spot (Barefoot Mailman) was under new management. When we reserved there was a disclaimer that pets must be under 25 lbs but when we called they said it was not an issue to bring our definitely larger than 25 lb Golden Retriever.

The location for Safari Motel is ideal. It is right in the middle of the boardwalk. You can walk north for about 15 blocks where it is a bit calmer or 15 block south toward the hustle and bustling inlet. There are 2 buildings for Safari Motel - the main building and another one across the alley. We stayed in the blue building across the alley.

Amenities wise, Safari is basic. There is no pool, no continental breakfast, no Internet access, window unit AC, and small 19" CRT TVs. The room we were in did have a microwave and mini fridge. We stayed in a double room, which was surprisingly clean considering the age of the place. As with much at the Safari, the furnishings seemed old and could use an update. The beds were of average comfort and water pressure was sufficient. Our room (#34) had a few minor issues - the remote for the TV didn't work great (had to mash the buttons down) and the bathroom door did not fully close (see picture).

Parking was fine for the Easter weekend. There are approximately 6 spots in front of the blue building as well as a larger lot next to the building. I can see that during the peak season it may get a little tight though. The front desk staff was friendly. Maid service came but but they didn't do a very good job. They tossed the soap that we were using and only left 1 bar (for hand washing and showering), did not leave an extra TP and tossed out the left over dog food left in my dog's bowl.

Overall, I would recommend the Safari for budget conscious travels looking for a no frills room. It certainly is a decent option for those traveling with pets if you don't mind forgoing some of the more modern amenities.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank achaholic
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The location of the hotel is great. Right on the Boardwalk. They allowed us to park our Harley Davidson right by the front door on the side walk. The management was nice. The room though was VERY small and right by the front door so you could hear everything everyone was saying. The door to our room looked like a dog had chewed the bottom of it and you could see through to the outside floor! They didn't clean the rooms very well either. When we got there, there was hair all over the tub and bathroom sink. There was also sand on the floor as you walked in. I personally wouldn't stay there again.

3  Thank ArmyBaybe
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I am writing to share my opinion on my most recent vacation to Ocean City Md. I would like to thank all the staff at theSafari Motel for another wonderful and peaceful vacation. I cannot say enough about the kindness of the staff and owners of this hotel. I have stayed this year January, for New Years, Easter and May for Springfest and Now most recently for ten nights for Sunfest and Winefest. I recently lost my one dog in May after we came back from OC and this was my first trip without her. I still have one dog , Eddie, that we took this past vacation in September and even though I was saddened without her at the beach, the personnel staff at this hotel made my vacation very relaxing and help to cheer me up. My Daughter came for only the weekend three with her husband and son and the hotel staff wasalso very graciousto her and her family. The hotel has hot beverages complimentary all day and night, Clean rooms and linens.,very gracious staff, and an exceptioanal Location right on the boardwalk. I cannont wait for my next trip which will be for Thanksgiving. I would personally, like to Thank Arthur, Marie, Irwine, Leehay, Yolanda And any other Staff Personnel, For Another Exceptional Vacation.ON. There is no other place I would ever stay when in Ocean City, Md becayse these people make me and my husband, Al and our dog, Eddie feel like family and like we are at home.

1  Thank beach027
Reviewed October 5, 2010

we have stayed here for the last 10 or so years. The motel offers a no frills room which is ultra clean and well maintained. The mini fridge is definitely a plus,but we take a cooler for our beverages(there's free ice in the lobby). We take our dog with us and this is one of the few motels which accepts pets in OC. Did I mention how CLEAN the place is? Fresh linen and towels everyday! The location is perfect--quiet and steps to the boards and beach. Free Coffee/tea in the lobby 24/7! Arthur, Irving and the rest of the staff will go out of their way to make your stay a good one. We love the Safari and will continue to go there.

1  Thank professorrock
Reviewed September 19, 2010

First-Time Stay, with much apprehension as this is one of the few ocean-front hotels that accept your pet. The Staff at the Safari are KIND, and no doubt, pet-lovers. They go above and beyond to make sure guests are comfortable, (as well as their furry children). The Location is Stellar (just steps to the boardwalk). I am one of those obsessive people who can NOT SLEEP in a dirty room, You will see people CLEANING AND SPRUCING UP here, Very Attentive to Cleanliness. You can't beat this older Hotel for Price and Value, the rooms that accept pets are tile floored, which is brilliant. Bravo to the Safari, you can teach an old-dog new tricks!

2  Thank tannersmom64