“Great place and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Islander Motel

and 1 more site!
The Islander Motel
Ranked #96 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Great place and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

We have been staying there for the last 2 years. My wife and I never had any problems there. The management is great they go out of the way to make your stay the most pleasant and comfortable while your there. I will be going back for a 10 day stay in September of this year. The pool is very clean as well as the rooms. Whenever you need something all you do is have to ask the staff. This is not a "HILTON" try staying in other places for this price and see what you get NOTHING.

• Liked — clean rooms management very polite
  • Disliked — nothing
2 Thank bulldog53

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

I don't understand why other people had a bad time. The Islander is located at 21st. street across from Phillips. We were there for 9 days and enjoyed every one of them. Sure the kids were rowdy, but it's the beach and is to be expected. The staff went out of their way for me and my family. They were an exceptional group of people. The pool is small, as are the rooms, but again, it's the beach. Location was prime, bay is two blocks behind you and the ocean isone block in front of you. My wife and I have been looking for a place to stay every year, and I think we've found it at the Islander. One additional note, they have small stoves with no ovens and a small fridge...be prepared and bring a cooler to save space.

• Liked — Management and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank dresq1027
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

This property was sold in 2005 and had been previosly owned operated by a local family. After the change in ownership we arrived to old tires, a/c units and gang grafitti spray painted on the exterior walls at the dock area. Over flowing garbage cans and litter in the parking lots were a daily observation during our 2 week stay. Management blammed the lack of staffing but workers were observed hanging out at pool area and not tending to the property. I was in disbelief that this motel went from an A++ condition to a run down hole in the wall in less then one year. Unless something has changed in 2007 I would recomend taking your $130 a night fee and spending it somewhere else.

• Liked — boat dock
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank ak629

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2007

This hotel is located on 21st street across from phillips crab house. It is close to the boardwalk also which I enjoyed. My biggest complaint is the security were intrusive. We are paying guests, not criminals. There was no warrant for their behavior. As for the property itself the pool and rooms are smaller then some luxury properties nearby. But for the price and location its not bad.

• Liked — friendly guests.
  • Disliked — the security
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank snook3133
paterson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

On this past Memorial weekend my boyfriend and I had reservations to stay in this Motel. I personally made the reservations in their "so called" website. to my surprise when we got there the two people at the front desk, which were having beer and socializing; very rudely told us they could not accomodate us. Truth is, they had booked all the rooms and did not check with their web-site provider. Their excuse "they are suppose to fax us your confirmation and they didn't" Like we are responsible for their inefficiency. They suggested us two nearby dirty and ugly motels, that later on i found out are owed by the same family that owns the islander. My boyfriend and I after a 71/2 drive had to go around ocean city looking for a decent place to stay. Fortunally we stop at the ocean mecca who happily accomodated us with a very clean room. Our stay there was the best. Personallyh i think they over book their most decent motel to get their nasty ones to get desperate people like us. Luckly we didn't fall in their trap:) I dont think they deserve to make business with anyone so if your looking for an affordable motel, clean, great location, great service, great pool stay at the ocean mecca:)

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — costumer service
2 Thank arliner18
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

I have stayed here the past few years with no problems, but this year
a different story.

My reservation couldn't be found, and even though I had email confirmation, nothing was done to accomadate me. Staff was very rude,
plus I had to go find another hotel for the weekend.

3 Thank krissyg11
Elverson, Pa.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2007

We have been using this place for many years. Never again. Last year we went down over Labor Day to no electric. They charged us the full amount for the night and we had to go out and buy candles for light. We got out of two of the three nights we had booked. They never offered us any kind of apology or money back for the rotten stay. New owners have this for the past couple of years and maybe in their previous country these accomodations would be considered satisfactory but not here. We are done with them. We are hoping they lose their shirts.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family