Don't be fooled, this place is a dump. We were hit in the face by the foul smell of mold/mildew as soon as we opened the door. The carpet was so FILTHY that we had to go and buy flip flops to wear while we were in the room because our feet turned black!! The shower head only had about 7 holes for the water to flow trough. The guy came and checked it out and said that it was working ok......ok, if your idea of a shower is to slap some vodka under your pits..... which is what he smelled like. We had to use a square ice bucket in the shower so we could wash and rinse our hair. I had to rinse the kids bathing suits out in the fountain outside by the pool, since there was no water pressure in the sink either. If given a choice between staying at this dump or sleeping in my car.....I honestly would prefer to sleep in my car......my car is a whole lot cleaner. Don't let the pictures on the brochure fool you, this place is a first class DUMP!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City