The Islander Motel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
$74
$130
$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$104
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$255
$211
Hilton.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$58
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$218
$170
HolidayInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at the Islander this summer. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a cheap place to stay. It was exactly what we needed, the service was fantastic. The owner (Theo) came to know us quite well and if we needed ANYTHING he was on it right away. Be it an extra pillow, towels, or toilet paper. The staff was more than kind and stopped whenever we saw them even just to chat. The location is prime and is in close enough proximity to the beach and town. I know that I will be booking my room here from here on out for my trips to O.C.
And to top it all off I met my now fiance here, so YES this place will always hold a place in my heart.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank EJK39
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This motel is a great value. And in a great location. Close to downtown, but far enough away to get you out of that noise & crowds; nearby marina provides interesting 'entertainment.' It is nicely kept, our room was clean when we got there & cleaned every day. If we needed anything all we had to do was talk to the always available owners. They are 'busy bees,' working all the time & very friendly. It's not a resort type place, but also doesn't have the high rates they do. There is a very nice pool. We stayed there just this week, the other guests were just as happy with it as we were.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed ask for such. You'll get a very nice king bed & your daily rate will be lower than 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank EllAnn
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I (along with our 2 young daughters) stayed at the Islander in August. We were a little hesitant about going at first because of some of the reviews we read here.

However, looking back on it we are so glad that we stayed and this will be our permanent place every time we go back to Ocean City.

The Islander is family owned and I'm pretty sure everyone that works in their office is one family. The lady who works there is such a busy bee. Everytime I saw her (when we would be sitting outside our room) she was either working in the office, running to the laundry to work or cleaning a room herself.

The motel itself is pretty old and im a realist, I know old buildings develop smells after some time but it was nothing like the way some people here are making it out to be. They try their hardest (I personally witnessed it several times) to please their guests and make their rooms as comfortable as possible but things break down all the time, I understand that so I would never hold them responsible for it - so long as they fixed it or at least attempted. :)

Their pool is one of the nicest we have been to in OC. It is not too deep (about 4 feet if I recall correctly) but it is a lot larger than most of the other pools in OC. My daughters had a great time swimming and my husband and I got some much needed sun.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone my only complaint was some of the other guests there were a little obnoxious and got too rowdy but overall I love this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank DarlaQueen
Reviewed September 7, 2010

ok. we stayed here the first of june with our one year old daughter. we booked it ahead of time and got there early. they wouldnt let us check in till 1pm.. then i had to sign a waiver stating that we wouldnt tear up the place(it was senior week and they thought we were high schoolers). even though all that was a hassle, the hotel room itself wasnt bad.. it was def. older looking but for an overnite trip id book there again. i wouldnt want to stay there a week though.. there were a few bad points, 1.there wasnt an alarm clock..thankfully we had our cell phone on us.. 2.you could hear the outside noise. the walls werent very insulated.and 3 i didnt like being treated like a bad seed when i was trying to have a day away with my husband and daughter..besides that we didnt have a bad time.. i didnt get in the pool so im not sure if it was clean or not...would i book there again???well if i was only going over night w/o my kids..

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank alison d
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I never have felt compelled to write a review until I stayed at this dump. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the smell, terrible. We had reserved a efficiency room so much to our surprise when we found 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 plate, 2 cups and a unplugged refrigerator. The carpet was filthy, there was something black on the ceiling above the door not to mention the room above us, their plumbing was leaking right over one of our beds. You could also hear every footstep in the room above. The bed consisted of a 4" thick foam mattress but unless you wanted to sleep on the filthy carpet thats what you were stuck with.
Our toilet leaked in the bathroom which led to the carpet being soaked as it leaked out of the bathroom.
Just please do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.
Never again!!!