“One of my favorite spots”

Purple Moose Saloon
Ranked #3 of 16 Nightlife in Ocean City
Reviewed August 10, 2013

They always have great live bands. It's right on the boardwalk. Great place to go and have a few drinks and listen to great bands.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Attempted to go to the Purple Moose on a Tuesday night for a few drinks. My husband and I were asked for ID at the door, which is totally fine, except that they wouldn't accept my US government issued Passport card. These have been out for 5 years now and at least 3 million have been issued as an alternative to normal passports.

I would think it would be very embarrassing for an owner to know that this "management" has no idea what a passport card is.

We went to Shenanigans and Sandy Bottoms instead.

Needless to say we won't even bother with this joke of a bar next time.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Every year we visit the purple moose several times. Are favorite bartender is John. The music is great. We got excellent service.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've always visited the Moose on our yearly visits to Ocean City. But I guess times are changing.....or maybe we're just getting old. It's not so much fun anymore.

We were there on Friday, July 5th. A great fun holiday weekend. The cover was only $3 and there was a decent 70's/80's rock band. But the crowd was dead....no one dancing.

We had a few drinks and left. If you don't dance and the music is way too loud to carry on a conversation....not much else to do. We had a single gal in our group and there surely was nothing for her to look at ! :) Just a bunch of deadbeats with their heads bent over their beer at the bar ! Think we'll check out some kind of different nightlife next visit !

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tall light skin black bartender took a $10 dollar bill for a $5 beer and gave me no change! I read a review a month earlier about the same thing and I should have not went there! My mistake

3  Thank IrishJohn69