“DJ is rude and obnoxious”

Purple Moose Saloon
Ranked #3 of 16 Nightlife in Ocean City
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We went to the Moose on specifically for trivia. The DJ in charge of trivia was one of the rudest people I have ever met. He acted like having to play trivia was a huge bother to him. He was actually getting angry because we were winning. We really could ahve cared less about the prizes, we were just there to have fun. When he moved onto playing music, he was just as rude, criticizing our music choices, which he practically begged the audience to make. The drinks were expensive and the bartenders were nothing special but I could have gotten past all of that had it not been for this guy. I would probably visit the Moose again, just not when this guy is there.

1  Thank rluvsheep

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Purple Moose has great events throughout the day, from trivia to games to DJ's to performers. If you are looking for a fun outing - definitely give Purple Moose a try. Others mentioned the cost of drinks, I really haven't seen their prices are any more than other bars/nightclubs in OC. If you don't want to pay a cover to get in, simply arrive before the band's start time - no cover.

1  Thank jack21903
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was in the Purple Moose over this past weekend. It's the same as always, awesome bloody marys! The bartenders are always very attentive. I am not sure why I waited so long in between stopping in but I will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Visited the Purple Moose every night during last September's Delmarva bike week.
Great bands, friendly bar staff and Charlene was great to talk to!

See you this Sept!!

Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stopped into The Purple Moose, it wasn't very busy but I waited about 10 minutes for someone to realize I wanted their attention and another 5 before I got service.. When the bartender finally came over he NEVER smiled, ONCE. Even after I cracked a quick joke he just asked what I wanted and hurried along. I don't know what he was rushing for, it took another few minutes to get my drink. Since the service and his attitude was horrendous I only gave him an extra $1 and he actually made eye contact with me and motioned as if to say "seriously?!" I just couldn't believe his nerve! As if I should pay to feel unwelcome Then made to feel bad for not appreciating it--- no way! A tip is EXTRA money for GOOD (or even decent) service-- not whatever you get at the "moose

2  Thank HelenaRG