“Not enough time to describe how great this place is.”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Rexford, New York
“Not enough time to describe how great this place is.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

My family and I stayed here during Fourth of July week in 2009. I really can't say enough about this place. We chose it based on all the great reviews and the fact that we always try to stay at Hilton Family hotels.

Though it's far from inexpensive it's extremely well-appointed. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy with fantastic ocean views. We saw dolphins almost every morning. The beach is awesome--clean, huge, right there and plenty of life guards. My kids couldn't get enough of the pool. Even the activities were a lot of fun for the whole family.

The location is convenient to the board walk and there are a number of good restaurants nearby...especially Phillips Seafood.

The staff is excellent and extremely helpful with everything from quickly responding to requests for towels to making great recommendations for dinner or anything else.

If you're there for the 4th, you can even see the fireworks from the beach. Might not be as good a view as the board walk, but much more relaxing and less crowded.

My kids liked it so much, we're headed back again this year. They had their choice but couldn't stop talking about what a great time they had last year.

I may have had a few nit picks here or there, but I can't recall any now so they couldn't have been that important!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

Staff was polite and helpful. Excellent house keeping. Quiet rooms. Parking is a possible issue. You might have to park in an adjacent lot. Food is OK, could improve in this area but it is not bad. Kiddie Pool is great for young children. Complimentary fruit and newspaper is nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PAGOESTOTHEBEACH
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

We stayed here for our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased. Very friendly staff, absolutley amazing ocean front suites. By far the best price to value I have found yet. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natefig35
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

The Hilton is probably the premiere Hotel in Ocean City. The rooms as as nice as they get and the furniture is newer than most hotels. The pool is hands down the best in Ocean City. The location is close enough to downtown to take the tram or the bus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SavaSava
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I live in the northeast and look to get away for a week in the spring to bring it earlier! Last year we went to Virgina Beach but this year decided on Ocean City, MD because it was about 2-3 hours closer. This Hilton mainly sold me on going to OC for two reasons: it looked fantastic and it was pet-friendly.

When you drive up you're at the ground level in the garage and that's where you have help from the bellman. When I took the elevator to the first floor and stepped into the lobby, the view of the ocean literally took my breath away. The hotel was fabulous - just being there you could literally see how it stood out among those in OC. We got a great rate for off-season, and the town and beach were fairly deserted because of the time of the year and it wasn't overly hot. If you're looking for a mental break on the beach, without the crowds, this was perfect. The suite was really really great....I love Marriott Residence Inns and this was probably better. As written before, the kitchen stocked with everything - small, large, and wine glasses, plates bowls, pots and pans, nice silverware and utensils, toaster and the blender was really nice to have to make frozen drinks....could get all the ice you wanted just down the hall. Because my dogs are older, I asked the maid the first day to give me supplies for the week so we didn't have to have the room serviced daily - she didn't hesitate to give me all the towels and necessities, even dish washing detergent (I've been looked at strangely at other hotels asking for it all, as though they feel they need to track it and monitor each towel you use, and this is at nice hotels like the Marriott. If you're paying to stay at a nice hotel, you don't need their towels!) So it was great she was so responsive, put them all in a big bag for me and told me where I could leave them across the hall so they didn't pile up in my room all week. This hotel does not nickel and dime you at all - free washers and dryers along with complimentary laundry detergent and softener - I fully expected to have to find quarters for the machines, so was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very soundproof, and has a great workout room and indoor pool. The indoor pool has jets in it and was very warm. I was disappointed they didn't have a jacuzzi though, even though the tub in the bathroom did have jets, it's just not the same (I love going back and forth from the jacuzzi to pool).

The absolute best part - the balcony and view. They constructed this hotel so wisely, with huge balconies that each come with a table and chairs for 4. You could fit a couple more chairs if you needed. Because of the pets, I was on a lower floor (3rd) and while my view was great, if the pool had been operative, it would have been distracting. All the rooms are above the two outdoor pools. (I preferred only seeing the ocean between my room and the Residence Inn VA Beach, but then their balcony was tiny). I'm not a big sun worshipper and don't love laying on the beach all day, I prefer the shade of a balcony. Plus the real plus is that the balconies are enclosed - you can't see the people next to you! It's really private and wonderful to sit out there. You get all the morning sun but then it's behind you the rest of the day, which is really nice when the sun is blazing.

The restaurants were great. My husband went out the first night to a place called Embers I think for an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet and said it was good, but the food at their Palm restaurant was WAY better. We ordered take out (as well as checking out the restaurant separately 'cause we don't leave our elderly dogs) and ended up getting their food the last 3 nights we were there (out of 5).

I have to also compliment the staff.........every single one of them, from the bellmen, to the maids, to the front desk staff were great! (Particularly Joe and Debbie from the front desk staff). I probably got a chance to see them a little more since the hotel wasn't busy, but I was still impressed with everyone. Oh, and the parking was plentiful, they have the garage so you're even enclosed. And the free internet was great.

This would probably become an annual event for me if not their change in pet policy....they're not going to allow any in the future! Apparently it's a corporate decision so I'm going to write and try to see if they would allow them on a limited basis off-season. (I actually wouldn't want to take them on-season, there would be too many people and they're not allowed on the beach after May 1st.) With the use of Hilton points my first night, and paying for 4 more nights, and eating there, I spent well over $1000 during our week where the hotel was pretty dead. I think people who pay to stay at nicer hotels take care that their dogs don't cause any mess or are unruly (and there is a pet fee that I'm glad to pay as well). Our dogs pretty much slept the whole time when we enjoyed the balcony, and they came down to the beach with us a couple of afternoons as well. So I'll see if they'll listen at all. The staff seemed sympathetic to my point. There were a few other pets in the hotel who seemed to be very well mannered and under the close watch of their owners.

I hope I can stay there in the future - it's a great location, great view, great amenities, great staff, and just great experience. (We love dogs so will always have them!) It's amazing how many nice hotels accept them now - even the last one I reviewed which was the Ritz Carlton at Central Park in NYC! I hope the Hilton will continue to allow in the future, otherwise I'll just have my good memories of this stay. We can always go to VA Beach again, or stay at another hotel in OC, but the Hilton definitely deserves their #1 rating there!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BB4th
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

ONe of the largest hotels in Ocean City, right on the ocean, only 5 blocks to the boardwalk. A Salt Water pool with a bar and music was nice, would have been nicer if the water wasn't FREEZING all three days. The Suite rooms were very nice, two queen beds, fold out queen, two large screen TVs, bathroom with makeup mirrors, jacuzzi tub, lovely balcony over the water. The front desk staff were troubling at check in, no bellmen to be found, 45 minutes to check in, with only two folks in front of us online. I was chastised for trying to submit the hilton honors paperwork for a free night we stayed, and threatened by a front desk agent for "losing" paperwork I had handed him....never in 40 years has someone in a hotel spoken to me as Brian did at check in...a shame....because this was otherwise a good experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 4girls2boys
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

Only negative was we didn't get our chocolate covered strawberries as promised over the phone. But it wasn't a big deal.

When we arrived check in was smooth the front desk staff was very polite. We were given our bottle of champagne and a small box of chocolates. And we were also able to make our dinner reservations right there/ on the spot (which was also included in the Romance Package).

Loved the suite. We ended up having to get a double queen as that was all that was left but didn't bother us much. The layout is really what I really liked. The sitting room, and then the fully stocked kitchen, the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, and then the room and the balcony facing perfect ocean view. Flat screens in both the sitting and bedroom areas of the suite. The kitchen is fully stocked and all of the utensils, silverware, glassware, pots and pans, appliances and the like are very clean
and it great condition.

Dinner was one of the best parts which was also included (full/ 3 courses). I wasn't expecting much from the hotel restaurant but was pleasantly SURPRISED. We started w/ the lobster bisque it was very rich and creamy, great flavor. He had the crabcakes which were okay. And I had the stuffed rockfish which was topped w/ some type of hollandaise or imperial sauce. It was very good, baked tender but to a golden brown, fresh full of flavor and very filling. For desert my husband had the bourbon pecan pie and I had the mixed berry shortcake (both very DELICIOUS!). Our waitress was very attentive, answered questions/offered suggestions and was very attentive to our needs.

Afterward we enjoyed the pool for a little while wasn't crowded at all and very clean plenty of towels. The resort/ hotel is very well kept and most if not all staff we came in contact with had very good customer service. We will definitely be back hopefully this Summer!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple