“Great Place for family with kids”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Corning, NY
“Great Place for family with kids”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Great hotel...expensive but worth it. Rooms are large enough for all swim gear, beach is extraordinary..Services in hotel are unsurpassed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Virginia
Reviewed October 17, 2009

My husband, adult son with autism, and I had never been to OC, MD before. i'm hesitant to go to East Coast beaches preferring FL beaches. However, both the Hilton and OC in general were a welcome suprise. The hotel and city were clean and neat. All of the hotel staff were very welcoming and attentive.
We used the indoor pool quite a bit since we were there in off season and it was chilly outside. The pool was very clean and the towels were stocked. There is an access window to the bar for drinks which was nice. On the one day that it was warm, we laid on the beach and sat in the hot tub outside. The hot tub was okay - nothing extraordinary. We did witness a lifeguard at the outdoor pool jump in with her sweatsuit on to help a child. It wasreassuring to know the lifeguard was there and attentive.
The room was clean and welcoming except for the back of the bathroom door which had fingerprints and scuffs. Otherwise the room was comfy. The oversized balcony (compared to other hotels) had a table and chairs where we had lunch. The beds had down comforters and pillows. Although other reviewers found the beds comfortable, they were too soft for me, but leaving the door open at night to hear the waves helped me to sleep and ignore the back pain.
We didn't try the restaurants at the hotel so I can't comment on those.
All in all, it was a great weekend get-away and we would defintely go back, but likely in off season so as not to deal with the crowds during the summer.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank LilacLadyVA
Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I was supposed to stay at this hotel for a long weekend with my family. I booked months in advance and said I would be bringing my toy poodle. They said fine. They accepted pets. But when I called to reconfirm about a week and a half before my stay, they said they had no record of the pet friendly request even though I had emphasized this as an absolute prerequisite during my initial call. They said to call back later in the week and they would see what they could do. When I called back they admitted there were only two pet friendly rooms and that I would not be getting one. No apology -- not even when I emailed customer service. Luckily, I was able at the last minute to book at a pet friendly hotel down the street and salvaged my long weekend. We had a blast at the Clarion.

8 Thank MarylandJan
Bethlehem, PA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed for free 6 nights at this Hilton location courtesy of HHonors points. This was our 3rd visit to the Hilton OCMD. While the room had several issues that were not up to our expectation at check-in (cot we requested was not delivered, we got down instead of hypoallergenic bedding, tile floor was greasy, screen door was broken, safe was inoperable) a call to the front desk had several housekeeping staff to our room almost instantly to remedy all the problems. Housekeeping was substandard for the 1st half of our visit (and required a call to the front desk) and "front desk courtesy fruit" was unavailable for the first 3 days as well. Even though though these issues were satisfactorily resolved, we feel that a $500/night hotel should not have overlooked them. The remainder of the stay was hassle- and worry-free. Staff were always pleasant, even when long lines await. Our children love the outdoor waterpark; courtesy pool towels are a bonus. Poolside waitress/beverage service was prompt and courteous. We had opportunity to use the indoor pool as well. We ate breakfast at the Palm 32 and were disappointed (as in previous stays)--we just do not care for breakfast in this restuarant and feel that the quality is substandard to the rest of the hotel. This Hilton is in a great location, just a few blocks walk to the north end of the boardwalk, where you can pick up a tram car to the south end, where there are amusements and rides. And the complimentary laundry facilities were very much appreciated by this family! We hope to stay again.

1 Thank b4bunch
Darlington, Maryland
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I took a mini-vacation in Ocean City in September. We chose the new Hilton Ocean City Suites Oceanfront (I had points). Even though it rained the entire time we were there, I can absolutely recommend the hotel.

RIGHT on the beach, with a terrific balcony overlooking the water. I believe every room faces the beach, by the way. The room was roomy and very well-appointed. Living room right inside the door (with a pull-out couch), kitchenette in the center, and bedroom on the outside facing the beach. Nothing like sleeping with the sliding door open listening to the waves.

I stayed on points, so I don't really have a perspective on the relative value of the hotel, but I understand that in-season the rooms go for about $500 a night. That seems pretty high for Ocean City, but the hotel is clearly the nicest in town.

Right at 33rd street, just a couple blocks north of the end of the boardwalk. Of course, there's not a lot to see on the boardwalk up on that end -- all the action is down at the inlet.

But I can offer one additional recommendation - we ate at the Phillips By The Sea on the boardwalk, I think it was at 13th St. On the ground floor of a little hotel, it was charming. None of the warehouse-style buffet of the bigger Phillips places in OC - just a little restaurant with great food and terrific service.

Both Phillips by the Sea and the Hilton Suites are highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rickhowe
Wareham, MA
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Love OC. If you are looking for a place on the boardwalk look elsewhere. Thankfully we like to walk so it does work to our advantage but for those who don't it could be an issue. If this hotel was 15 blocks south it would be perfect.

Rooms are beautiful, very clean, view specticular, staff.... if i hear one more time, "it's off season" i'm going to scream! Maid service is excellent. Nice having a full kitchen, if you like to cook.

This is an ideal spot for people w/children. Across the street is a MacDonald's and Burger King, so how would you go wrong. Now if we had a Dunkin Donuts w/in walking distance, that would be even better!

Boardwalk is fun and there is plenty to do for kids/adults, once again, if you aren't here "off season".

We are here 10/2-7 and have to say the general area is very nice. Coming from Cape Cod i'd actually say this is one of my top 10 beach destinations on the east coast. Although like home, so out of our our price range for a "second home" destination. Some very quaint areas and I do have to say the locals are more than charming and helpful when you inquire on things to do and where to go.

Would I return to the Hilton, most definately.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FiveStarTraveler
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel is everything the description details and more! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful as other reviewers had mentioned and the room were beyond our expectations. We stayed in one of the corner suites which had a large living room, perfectly appointed kitchen and spacious bathroom and bedroom. The balcony attached to our bedroom provided a private oasis to enjoy the beautiful ocean views. The bathroom shower and the bed had to be my absolute favorites! The shower featured multiple shower heads, including a rain shower head which was heavenly. The hotel's description of the ultra comfortable bed was right on. I wanted to take this bed home with me! I slept better on this mattress than on my own at home! My only regret is that we didn't stay longer!

We definitely plan to come back to this hotel, we're even considering booking a stay for my parents as a Christmas present. Pick this hotel, you won't regret it! :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple