“A great place for Ocean City”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked a week at this place after hearing good things about it. I have been going to OC since I was a kid and so I understand that nice places that are not expensive are nonexistent.

When I first walked into the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find a separate living room (with sleeper sofa), a kitchen, bathroom with a big jacuzzi tub, and a separate bedroom. This was perfect because I had the kids sleeping in the room and I took the living room. My room was first floor-poolside (on the kids pool side) which was PERFECT, the kids could wake up and jump right in while I had my coffee outside the room (table and chairs provided). So for a vacation to OC with kids, this place is wonderful. The room was very comfortable (even the sofa bed was!)

So after a few days at this place, I went ahead and checked the reviews and I agree with most of them. The property is starting to show its' age and there was a fly problem. I had 3 flys in the room most of the time. I am not sure where they were getting in from. And yes I agree is it pricey, but if you want a decent room in Ocean City EVERYTHING is pricey...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering you can get cheaper rooms in the Caribbean???

Other notes of interest, the gym was nice, small, but well ventilated and enough equipment. I also liked that there were plenty of windows, providing sunlight. All 3 pools were nice and clean, from what I saw. The lobby was grand (for Ocean City) and they did have a bowl of fruit out every day/night for the guests (which was nice).

As far as the staff goes, Ocean City brings in a lot of students from Europe/Asia and so that is who the staff consists of, other than the front desk. They were all very nice. The only gripe I have was of our housekeeping girls. The schedule was awful. One day they came in at 5 pm to make the beds and the next day at 9 am. So it just wasn't consistent.

I would recommend this place and will stay there again when in OC.

Room Tip: First floor pool side (kids side) if you have children. We stayed in room 108 which was nice.
1  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband, our 4 year old grandson and myself spent 3 nights (June 27th-30th) at the Hilton Suites OC, MD and had a great weekend. I was a little worried when I read some of the past reviews but found little to be concerned about....aside from the high rates we paid. Our room itself was clean (not spotless but didn't expect that). The kiddie pool area was wonderful for our grandson and we found that the other parents/grandparents there were friendly and the kids played well together. Kudoe goes out to Brittany our pool waitress....ordered lunch and drinks and she had them back to us right before the lunch break...she checked back with us often. The staff was friendly and accomodating. There is a mini market across the street to buy milk, etc and we didn't find it super expensive and I will tell you that their fried chicken was great (so was their cucumber salad)! Plenty of family friendly restaurants nearby that you could walk to if interested.The only complaints I have regarding the Hilton was that there is 1 bathroom in the pool area that the adult pool and kiddie pool share.....1 toilet for over 75 people on a semi busy day.....not a good combination....hard to keep it clean and sanitary.

Room Tip: Our room, 203, was ocean facing and also directly above the pool water slide....good location except...
1  Thank Amber S
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The best parts of this property are the many conveniences and great location, coupled with a credible staff. The room was clean, the mattress was good, the machinery all worked. I liked it. I hated the price and I hated the practice of discount for prepayment nonrefundable. But thanks to Hilton for making a bunch of good decisions on putting this property together, and good operations. The price was a little high for just 2 people. But we liked it and hope to see you again here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just returned from a great mini vacation at the Hilton. Everything was pristine from the parking garage to the Pool Area. There were great things for the children every day from crafts to Movie Night. The room had comfortable beds and a breathtaking view. It's directly across the street from Jolly Roger Amusement park and they offer great discount tickets. We had a fabulous time and will definitely return again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed here twice so far. This is a good family vacation site. There are 3 pools (2 outdoor, 1 indoor). Its right on the beach so just a short walk from your room to the beach and back and forth to the pools. The property is all suites with balconies facing the ocean, so its nice to have that beautiful ocean view and wave sounds to listen to. The kitchen has a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker - everything you need if you want to try and save money by eating in for a few meals.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Hilton really is a great find in Ocean City, directly on the beach, the oceanfront rooms have breathtaking views of the ocean and plenty of room to enjoy the view sitting on the balcony. While the hotel is not located on the famous Ocean City boardwalk; it is just a short drive away. I preferred staying away from the noise and crowds and enjoying the quieter stay on beach. The rooms are incredible, a full size refrigerator, stovetop, microwave and comes with all of the utensils anyone could need.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a great place to stay. There are three pools and one is made especially for kids. It has a slide, a lazy river and zero entry. The room was a very good size and the kids couldn't get enough of the sunken tub. The location is great too. There is a deli just outside the hotel called Anthony's. It's like being in Little Italy in New York. You can walk to mini golf, ice cream and a large water park / amusement park across the street. I hope your family has as much fun as we did. We plan on coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014