“Small Negatives - Everything Else Great”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 28, 2013

First the negatives,and they may be picky but important. For a newer hotel - I assume that it's less than 10 years old - the furniture looked rather old and beat up. We also had to wait till after 4PM for our room to be cleaned, but only on one day - every other day was OK (stayed Mon.-Fri.)

Nice size suite facing the ocean; we made good use of the patio to play cards, watch the ocean, and for meals. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. 2 TVs, so no arguing. Bathroom very spacious with 2 sinks, large spa tub, and rain shower head (wonderful). Full kitchen - we took food for our breakfast and lunches, so cannot comment on the restaurant. Nice workout facility - indoor pool looked nice, but we never used it. Outdoor pool was just ok - swim up bar was closed for the fall, but plenty of towels and lounge chairs available. Parking was close to the walk through area to the beach - very convenient. All employees were courteous and friendly. We were on the 5th floor.

We used our Hampton Honors points to pare down the price of the stay and I'm sure this gets very expensive for a summer stay - so I can say it was a pretty good value, but there are circumstances behind it (points and time of year).

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor if you want to sit on the balcony at night; the glare from the pool lights is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I reviewed this hotel in May of this year for a couples weekend and I wondered if I would have just as good an experience with my daughters. Happy to say this was a wonderful four day, three night stay. My girls took full advantage of the kids pool, inside pool, arts and crafts and cooking class. We had great weather, which was a bonus.

We will be happy to come back again for a similar trip next year !!

Room Tip: Every room is an ocean front suite, but I would think that being in front of the kid's pool on t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric Y
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Let me start out by saying my extended family has stayed at this resort since it opened, so I had an expectation of what my stay might entail. First- the good: great location, wonderful all suite hotel with ocean view. Room extremely clean. We stayed for three nights during Sunfest, so the resort was filled to capacity. Free laundry was a wonderful perk. The bad: adult pool area bar and grill did not seem clean. Servers mediocre at best. Visible signs of dirt/grease in an otherwise clean hotel. Since the weather was chilly, this didn't really affect us in September but may have in July or August. The hotel restaurant had a fairly impressive menu, but the food was just ok. I felt it was overpriced for what we were served. Also of special note, the only person who went above and beyond for us and made us feel welcome was the bell cap that helped us after we checked out. The majority of the other employees that we encountered seemed genuinely unconcerned with attending to our needs or going above and beyond. In summary, a nice place to stay overall, but could improve in their attentiveness and customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Paradize72
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly, the cleanliness of this hotel was outstanding. The suite was exceptionally large and the efficiency kitchen was fully equipped for all our needs. The amenities were great from the outdoor pools to the indoor pool and fitness center. We look forward to returning to this hotel each time we visit Ocean City.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I went down to Ocean City for the weekend. It was our anniversary so we wanted to stay in a nice hotel. In Ocean City if you've stayed there over the years, you know finding a nice hotel isn't always easy. I've known a few people that stayed at the Hilton when it was brand spanking new and loved it. I have paid in season before $$$ for a crappy hotel and I would guess some people's crappy may differ from mine.

Yes, the hotel is showing it's age, but it's still very nice. I'm not sure where some of the people that wrote bad reviews and advised people to save their money have stayed, but I'ved on the boardwalk, paid the same price as the Hilton for an actual crappy hotel.

The amenities were great! We hung at the kiddie pool and had no kids. When it got to be a little much with the kids we moved to the adult side. The kiddie pool is excellent. I don't see where the hazards are with the palm trees by the slide, every kid I saw managed to avoid them. But hey accidents can happen. There is a small lazy river I loved and it was fun watching the kids on the slide. Adults used it as well, but I wasn't game.

We never made it to the restaurants or indoor pool. We had a nice, clean room. We didn't require made service since we were just there for two days. We asked our maid to just leave us clean towels. She did just that and even gave us extras.

We had a corner suite which are the rooms above the kiddie pool. Wasn't too bad and we weren't in our room that much anyway. Maybe when it's more in season (June-Labor Day) it's noisier. The pool opens at 8 am and closes at 8 pm so it's not really going to disturb sleep either way. If you get the terrace suits, they overlook the adult pool. The adult pool disappointment was that the "swim up" bar is not open on Sunday. But you can go to the lounge inside the hotel and bring out drinks.

The shower in our room was great. It was huge and had three shower heads. The tub in the room was not a two person one. Now they don't advertise that either so I was just assuming. The king bed is a "mini" king or prince size but it was nice, comfortable and roomy enough. My husband and I are use to a king so it was fine.

Yes, maybe there was a stain on the carpet some where or in the hallway going to our room, but this would not make us cringe or feel gross. I've seen and stayed in much worse!!

We only wish we could take this room and put it on the boardwalk. We'd stay again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheriW
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I travel a lot for business so I have a bit of perspective from staying in multiple hotels. The breakfast is first rate - no pre-cooked and warmed over bacon here. The orange juice was fresh squeezed. There are three pools - 1 indoor, 1 outdoor and another outdoor pool area for the kids with walk-in depth.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank ToddInVA
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here in the off season so room was inexpensive. One night stay while road tripping. Great deal for a large suite with tremendous ocean views. Given the time of year hotel was very quiet. No one else in the restaurant for breakfast and as a result great service.

Stayed: March 2013