“Overnight stay on the Atlantic!”

Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overnight stay on the Atlantic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

A perfect quick oceanfront getaway. Checked in too early but not a problem, as I was offered a complimentary "upgrade" to a terrace balcony room. We went to the lounge, Rumbas, to view football game and patiently waited for my cell to ring with the news that our room was ready. We decided to grab a bite and I'm glad that we did. We ordered the jerk chicken sandwich and the turkey BLT and both were delicious. By the time we finished out late lunch, I got the call that our room was ready. Off we go to our 10th floor suite. It was pristine, and brightly lit. Walked through the living room, kitchenette, bedroom to my favorite destination...the oceanfront balcony. But wait... take a few steps up, and there's another area with an outdoor jacuzzi. Perfection.
My only complaint is that when I reserved the oceanfront room, it came with a 2pm late check out, however the next morning at about 1130am we were startled by a knock on the door. They said check out was at 11am. As it turns out, the 2pm late check out that's advertised is "subject to availability". It certainly seemed very quiet on this weekday autumn morning, so we couldn't understand their unwillingness to apply the advertised late check out. But staff was not willing, for this was an "upgraded room". Wish I had known this before I accepted the "upgrade", with just a one night stay, I would have chosen a later check out on a "regular balcony oceanfront room". Needless to say our departure was suddenly hurried and we were in a rush to leave. So a happy arrival, delightful stay, but a rushed departure.

3 Thank Deb E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our stay here occurred just after the summer high season had ended and the city had started into its usual winter hibernation period. Many businesses had locked up and shuttered for the winter, but there was still enough open to make this a most enjoyable stay. The hotel itself had a lot to do with that. The only possible drawbacks to an October stay were that the two outdoor pools were closed and the hotel restaurant was no longer offering its breakfast buffet. But those were more than offset by the lack of crowds and the more relaxed atmosphere. We're not big beach rats anyhow, and the heated indoor pool operates year-round so swimming is always available. Our hotel room was outstanding - an upgrade to a corner suite with a jacuzzi in the bedroom and a balcony overlooking the beach. It was spacious and comfortable with a bath that was something special: twin sinks and two different sets of shower heads to choose from in the roomy shower stall. But in truth there are probably no bad rooms here; all suites overlook the beach. The staff was uniformly friendly, efficient and helpful, and the facility was much cleaner than other beachfront properties we've stayed at. One logistical note: the hotel entrance is on the ground floor but the lobby is one floor higher, reached either by a staircase or elevators. When first registering, you may wish to leave bags, etc. in the car until you have your room keys and then bring everything into the building, enter the elevator and go straight to your floor. There are usually bellmen near the ground floor entrance if you need their help. Logistical note number two: When arriving, the outdoor parking spaces are obvious, but less obvious is the covered parking under the lobby; keep driving toward the beach a bit further and you'll see the vehicular entrance. You then enter the ground floor entrance through a rear door which connects to the parking garage. Another major plus was the hotel's restaurant called 32 Palm. There is really no reason to go hunting for a nice place for dinner, especially when many Ocean City restaurants are on hiatus for the colder months. We had one of the best dinners here that we've ever enjoyed anywhere and the staff was uniformly pleasant, helpful and efficient. The breakfasts were very good too, and the neighboring lounge was an inviting place for a nightcap or a less formal meal. All in all, this was a most enjoyable stay in a marvelous hotel. We'll gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and have windows facing the north or south, in addition to the beach views...
1 Thank HappyWanderer023
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Yes, compared to other hotels in OC, this is definitley in your top 3 choices. But I must say I would never pay over $400 a night in season to stay here. For a newer hotel its already showing wear & tear. Gummy spot/ stain/mark on our carpet, baseboard/trim needs attention, shower arm/pole loose and came off, indoor pool was a little slimy... Front desk was nice but did forget to document my late check out call. And door guy wasn't all that helpful. I'm sure the outdoor pool scene is awesome for the littles in the summer. Nice game room. Decent little fitness room. Beautiful views. Well equipped kitchen. Very nice overall. Paid $194 per night in October. Would probably stay here again, off season rates of course ;)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank WannaBePhotographer
Federalsburg, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in Ocean City. I had to plan a board meeting for work and this was my first choice. Happy hour and a buffet dinner of salad, mussles, crab cakes, fried chicken, red skilled potatoes, mixed vegetables and rolls. Everything was DELICIOUS! Wait staff was courteous and friendly. The next morning was a buffet breakfast which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fried potatoes, fruit, danish and blueberry and banana muffins. Everthing was so good. The projector was not set up first thing but was made available immediately. Meeting room was perfect. Lunch was also served in the meeting room and consisted of salad, sandwiches with assorted lunch meat and cheese and cream of crab soup that was so very yummy. Another wonderful breakfast was served in the meeting room on Saturday morning. I was able to take a swim during the stay and the pool was great for swimming laps. I can't afford to stay during the summer but when winter rates go down - you should try out this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaB1966
Rochester NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We checked into the hotel on Columbus Day around check-in time for a 4 night stay, a room was ready for us. Unfortunately my preferred bed type was unavailable or a Hilton Gold member upgrade given but when I booked, there were no King Beds available for booking so I guess I wasn't suprised. Our room was on the 8th floor was overlooking the drained children's pool and only hot tub (also drained). I know there was a cold spell but I was suprised the outdoor pools were drained especially the hot tub, we ended up not using the indoor pool. We did receive Gold Member benefits of cookies (oatmeal raisin which we don't like so we gave them back), a bottle of water (that leaked like it had been opened, so we threw it out), breakfast coupons (continental breakfast was stopped for the offseaon but we received $9.25 per person credit for the menu items or Starbucks kiosk in the lobby - this really was nice as breakfast ended up costing with tip no more than $10 additional and the one day we went to Starbucks we got lattes, cookies, and a cinammon roll with the vouchers and could have bought a couple dollars more of stuff).

Now onto the room itself. The bedroom was large with enough dresser space for our clothes, it had an inroom safe, and a closet. The balcony was large with a table and 4 chairs and ours was covered which was nice as we could sit out in the rainy weather or have shade from the sun. You could really hear the ocean waves crashing and the sunrises were spectacular. I usually love Hilton's bedding, but here every morning I woke up with a backache. Thank goodness I brought my heating pad. The TV station selection was much better than most Hilton chain hotels I have stayed at. I hope Hilton is changing for all hotels as having a choice on what to watch was nice.

The Kitchen was nice, a full size refrigerator, full size microwave, oven and electric range, and dishwasher. There was service for 4, a toaster, blender, one fry pan, one large pot, one small pot, and a 4 cup coffee maker. One thing I found really odd that there wasn't any paper towels as in most hotels with kitchens or kitchenettes paper towels are provided. We walked the short block to the convenient store and bought (at a premium price) coffee, filters, paper towels. It was a longer drive to the Food Lion where I bought some food to cook. Everything in the kitchen worked well and on our 4th night, paper towels were provided by our housekeeper. Not really sure why it took that long for papertowels to finally be delivered to our suite. Be sure to bring salt and pepper and condiments plus any utensils you can't live without because what is provided is limited.

The living room consisted of a table with 4 chairs wedged in the corner, a couch, TV with DVR player, a chair and a coffee table. We used this room every morning to drink our coffee and read the paper. You could hear some hallway noise from the living room but not too bad. The suite on a whole was quite spacious.

The bathroom consisted of a large jetted corner tub and a rainshower. I missed having the water spraying diagonally on my body but I could deal. The towels were very plush and large and a pleasure to wrap around post shower. The bathroom sinks were double sinks with granite counters, I enjoyed them as we only have a single sink at home.

The room on general was clean when we arrived however housekeeping was typically just a restock and wipe. The same piece of sock lint was on the floor the entire time so the floors were not vacumed. The other note on housekeeping is don't expect your room to get cleaned early, they do the rooms being vacated first before doing the rooms of staying guests. Most times our room wasn't cleaned until after 3:00 pm, one time we took a nap and it didn't get cleaned at all because our do not disturb sign was out. Usually I get a note or VM stating they tried to service the room and a number to call if we needed anything but there was nothing, thankfully we were good on supplies.

Now, it may sound like we are doing a lot of complaining but really we loved the hotel and hope to go back sometime when it a little warmer and can experience the ambience of the outdoor pools and cabanas. The staff was friendly. The bar was intimate, had a nice happy hour, and the food was good.

Being in the offseason, you couldn't beat the hotel rates, traffic was practically non existant during the week, and like I said early on, who could beat that balcony.

1 Thank CMP8milfan
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I had a very nice off-season anniversary stay in a terrace suite, which includes an outdoor deck with a large Jacuzzi. The suites are spacious and very comfortable with good kitchen amenities and very nice bedding. The rooms are not your typical beach hotel type but are more typical of a Hilton Suites business hotel, which we prefer. The hotel staff was friendly and eager to please. As it was off-season and the hotel was not even half full, we felt we received better service than we would at peak season. At was also nice that the lobby Starbuck’s was opened regular hours, even though it was off-season.

My only complaint would be the heat/AC unit. The day we arrived the room was cold and the room heat wasn’t working properly. The maintenance staff was quick to address the problem and after a visit told us they had repaired the temperature control. Unfortunatly, now the room was too hot and the temperature now could not be turned down. Another call and another supposed repair by maintenance did not fix the problem. We finally got tired of dealing with it and decided on another option to get the room to a comfortable temperature; turning off the AC and opening the ocean front sliding door.

Overall it was a great visit and we will definitely stay there again. However, they do need to address the heat/AC situation.

Room Tip: Terrace suites are on the top floors and incule a private sun deck with a large Jacuzzi.
2 Thank kaneforgov
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My first stay at this wonderful Ocean Front all suites hotel. The room was lovely and having the little kitchenette was great. The suite was large with a comfortable living/dinning room a gally kitchenette, a nice sleeping area facing the ocean (which was great for watching the sun rise) and a huge bathroom. There is also a nice large balcony overlooking the ocean; large enough for a table that seats 4 comfortably and room to move around. I took advantage of this space to enjoy picking Maryland Blue Crabs while watching the folks fish in the surf.
The only thing I might consider changing is the shower. Our room had a jacuzzi tub with a rainfall shower head from the ceiling. I am not very tall, so the shower head was a little high for me and I didn't feel like I could completely rinse shampoo from my hair. The tub filled via the jets which meant there was not faucet to help with water pressure. All in all, I really liked this hotel and will be booking my annual December weekend get away at this hotel.

Room Tip: All suites so I don't think there is a bad room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends