Tripadvisor
Ocean City
All reviews front porch front desk parking lot is small room key would stay here again mini fridge flat screen tv boardwalk rocking cvs sand
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019

Came back after couple years and I was pleasantly surprised. There was a new flooring, rooms nice and clean - enough towels for everyone! The free coffee self service in the hallway is just what you need after a long night in the city. James and his team were super kind and easy to deal with.

Be back soon!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
James I, Public Relations Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Hi there!

We would like to thank you for thinking of us for your vacation and for taking the time to leave us a review! We do renovations every year in the off season, we are happy to hear you enjoyed it. There's always complimentary coffee waiting for our guests in case they are need of a recharge throughout the day. Thank you for acknowledging James and the team members. They are important assets to the Buckingham Hotel and always strive to make everyone's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible!

We hope to see you again soon!
Tiffany

Reviewed August 23, 2019

When arriving at the Buckingham place for a family vacation; my boyfriend and I were under the impression that we were pay in full with our hotel after paying over the phone in full for our stay weeks prior to our stay. To our surprise when checking in we were asked for a $150.00 deposit that was never mention when we booked directly over the phone or in any on the emails that followed. We were very upset because when planning our trip we were up a certain budget that we wanted to stick to…an unexpected $150.00 deposit defiantly put a wrench into our budget. Which when first arriving for a vacation is not something that you want to occur. After giving the office attendant out deposit and we got to our room when we pulled down our bed sheets there was black strains of hair all throughout all of our sheets (Fitted sheet, Flat Sheet, Pillow Cases, and the Thick Blanket on top). We immediately went to the office and let them know and once of the office members came to our room with all fresh sheets and remade the bed. Later that night we returned to our hotel room to turn in for the night and the lamps next to the bed did not work, there was no alarm clock in the room, and the shower did not look like it was properly cleaned from the guest before us.

The second night of our stay we took our car out of the parking lot to get dinner and enjoy all that Ocean City has to over. When we arrived back there were no parking spots let behind the hotel. So, we were advised to park in the overflow parking a block up the street. When arriving to the overflow parking my boyfriend and I did not feel comfortable leaving our car this far away from us, but we had no other options. Even though that there was indeed parking in the surrounding parking lots of the back of the hotel, but we could not take advantage of these parking spots because they belonged to other hotels. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I will more than likely not be staying at this hotel in the future. On a more positive note the hotel is located at a wonderful spot, walking distance from the beach and surrounded by a CVS that came in handy throughout our trip.

Date of stay: August 2019
James I, Public Relations Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay and for not being able to live up to your expectations.We strive to provide a nice, clean, and worry free stay for our guests. We take any issues or concerns very seriously and try our best to offer a solution that leaves our guests happy. Our confirmation emails do have a paragraph at the bottom stating guests under 25 will have a security deposit due at check in, but it is completely refundable. If you would like to discuss this further please email me at info@ocrooms.com with the subject "Attn: Tiffany".

Tiffany

Reviewed August 18, 2019

Very easy to find, everyony was very professional and the hotel was clean!

Close to the beach, and priced right. Parking was next to the hotel, if driving a larger vehicle overflow parking was avialable nearby.

Date of stay: August 2019
James I, Public Relations Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Hello there,

Thank you for choosing the Buckingham Hotel as your place to stay and for taking the time to write us a review! I'm so happy to hear you have had a nice stay with us! It's always a great feeling to know we were able to meet our guests expectations. We strive to provide a nice, clean, and welcoming stay for our guests to enjoy their vacation. If there are any issues or concerns our staff members are always happy to help!

We hope to see you again in the future!
-Tiffany

Reviewed August 17, 2019

The hotel is not as described on booking site. The rates are higher and I was charged higher than quoted on booking site and charged a booking fee! The rooms very small. They also were slugs in the room. The parking is terrible.the best and only good thing we’re the staff. They are all very helpful and friendly.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Moses8793, General Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Hello Beverly,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I am not it the business of overcharging guests, If you feel there is an issue with the rates on your reservation versus what you paid I would be glad to look into this matter further. I am sorry that you did not bring up the issues you had during your stay, my helpful staff would have been more than happy to help alleviate your problems. If you would like to send me an email at jmoses@ocrooms.com I would be glad to help.

all the best,

James M

Reviewed August 13, 2019

I stayed here for a night with a friend while on vacation. The parking was fine, service was super friendly, condition of the hotel was pleasant, and the stay was peaceful! Not to mention the convienient location just a few steps from the boardwalk!

Date of stay: August 2019
James I, Public Relations Manager at Buckingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Hi there!

We are so happy to hear you had a peaceful stay! Our goal is to provide a nice relaxing stay for our guests. Our staff members are always very accommodating and welcoming. One of the great things about the hotel is the location it self, we are just a short distance from the beach and boardwalk so everyone can enjoy their vacation! Thank you so much for booking the Buckingham Hotel for your stay and for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you come back to visit us in the future!

-Tiffany