“GREAT place, granted you plan to party like your young again”
Review of Buckingham Hotel

Buckingham Hotel
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This hotel has probably the lowest, or very close to, price in Ocean City. Bus stop is right around the block, Boardwalk is pretty much across the street. The Staff is very friendly and has always been tolerant to our larger group.

The rooms are pretty much what you would expect for the price, being downtown or close to the beach doesn't help. But if you vacation for a nice hotel room, stay at home and save money.

Although, family vacationers I will agree, keep looking. If your looking to party & have a place to crash, perfect!

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank anonymouss

Reviewed August 3, 2009

We decided at the last minute to go to the beach for one day/one night. Unfortunately I didn't research this hotel. It was the absolute worst I have ever seen in my life. The towels had stains on them, sheets/bedding smelled like bad feet/ body odor and most likely hadn't been washed in ages. The hotel is on the main road with no curtains and the street lights/noise comes right through the windows. We ended up checking out at 11 pm (with 2 small children!) once we pulled the covers back and smelled/saw what was one them. All 4 of us itched for 3 days after leaving, didn't physically see any bugs but guarantee there are some. I am currently fighting my charges.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank freqflyer98
Reviewed July 21, 2009

NASTY<NASTY<NASTY!!!! They Don’t like Americans. The parking lot is an insurance claim waiting to happen. You name it, It was dirty (rooms, towels, linens).Checked three other rooms because ours was horrible, and the other rooms were just as bad. BUGS in the beds and running across the floor. They WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY!!!! A/C window units WORTHLESS!!!! You were warned!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank treatedpoorly
Reviewed June 28, 2009

It started with a very dirty carpeted floor in the hallway to the reception desk. The room had a smell like a hundred overweight men just out of a sauna dried themselves on everything in the room. I didn't find any bugs in the room, but there were three condoms under the mattress (this is after we were told it was cleaned). The carpet had all sorts of lint and paper over it. The night stand had boogers on it. The bathroom light switch was grimy, and so was the base board along the outside wall. We didn't have our credit cards with us (in case of robbery), so we were kind of stuck with the place. We went and bought Clorox wipes and Frabreeze to try and clean up a bit. We didn't get any sleep because there was a beer bash going on until 4:30 AM and the trash can was right outside our window. The next morning we complained and got a different room. That one had ants through the sheets (again, this room was supposed to be just cleaned up). We left without staying any more nights, we cut our losses and left Ocean City. I guess that is why they have a no refund policy. Honestly, living in the desert for the military was a lot more habitable than this hole.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank def321
Reviewed February 23, 2009

It wasn't the best place, and honestly my friends and I were a little surprised when we walked in and saw how small the room was, but we just joked about it and stayed on the beach. The rates were great, and it's a really good location for being only half a block away from the beach. I've heard from others that the efficiency rooms aren't all that great, so unless you absolutely want the kitchen/etc then just go for a deluxe room or something.

My friends and I went and we had no problems at all - our stuff was all there when we got back to the room and the door locked. Really, it's a half a block away from the beach and boardwalk, and even if the room isn't the greatest place to live for a couple of days it's a really awesome price for the location, I think.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank FanciePantz89
Reviewed August 7, 2008

you get what you pay for ,we locked our door when we went out and it was unlocked when we returned ,I do have to say it was clean and it didnt smell ,decor not nice,we were in a pinch we just took anything

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank star0054
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Did anyone watch the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks from the 80's. Well, if you did this hotel reminds me of the ST. James Motel he stays in when he first moves to the city. The bathroom was so small my boyfriend had to take the toilet paper off the roll to sit down on the toilet. He is only 6'2" and 220lbs. None of the furniture matched. I was so disgusted I ended up leaving a day early. I would have rather slept in my car or on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled as a couple