“Not the best”
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Berks County, PA
“Not the best”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in this motel for our one year wedding anniversary. I stayed here with my family years ago and at that time it wasn't that bad. I knew it wasn't going to be an extravagent motel but I did have a few expectations.

A few things that were terrible: the bed was way small and uncomfortable, the bedding was old, I thought there would have been a small table with the chairs and there wasn't. We had no remote in the room at first so they had to bring one in. We arrived late around 9 our first night and there was one towel in the room so we had to go down and ask for more, then wait for someone to bring them up. You would think there would have been 2 sets of towels. And the last thing I hated were the tile floors, we put the hand towels on the floor to wipe the sand off before getting into bed, oh and the room was small than I expected.

My husndand and I are both in agreement that we will pay more money for a nice place to stay next time because it will definitley bee worth it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room, bed and other things
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetrvl08

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Butler, PA
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Last summer we decided to go to OC for vacation and found the Roc while driving around comparing outrageous prices for hotels. This place is not fancy by any means, but if you are looking for a clean place to lay your head down at night for a price that is very reasonable - then this is your place! We loved the tile floors - no smelly , gross , dirty carpet. The staff was more than happy to accomodate us with a broom and dust pan to sweep any sand that we had tracked in. House keeping did a fine job - clean towels , empty trash cans , cleaning the bathroom and etc. The rates on the room at the Roc actually afforded us two more nights in OC. We have booked ourselves there this year as well. As far as parking went, there is a 5 or 6 floor parking garage directly beside the hotel, so I am not sure how parking could be an issue unless you are just too lazy to walk around the corner to get into an elevator. The pool is small, but there were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone in our group at all times.

• Liked — The price and the location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Gouldieloc
Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2008

If you are use to staying in cheesy looking motels or you are very low on cash, then this will do you just fine. I stayed in the motel portion, not the efficiencies.

I went twice while in college. The first time I went with 2 college friends and though it looked cheesy on the outside, the room itself was ok (motel style). The worst part of the stay was our room window facing construction and having that as our wake up call every morning.

I went back again while in college, b/c as most people know when you don't have a lot of money, you have to take what you can get. I went with my boyfriend this time. Our room was significantly smaller (like half the size), similar to a closet, but b/c we were young and in love, we stayed at the beach and only came in to sleep.

Overall, a college student with not a lot of money or on spring break or something of that nature would have no problem with it. Being that I am now 7 years older and I actually have a little money, you wont see me at the Eden Roc, but it served its purpose.

FYI - I did just go to OC a couple of weeks ago (staying in a different hotel) and the outside of the Eden Roc looks EXACTLY the same. Hopefully in 6-7 years since I have been in the inside, they have spruced it up.

• Stayed July 2003, traveled with friends
1 Thank vduggan1
Baltimore
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I take my mom to Eden Roc just about every year. We stay in the top floor effeciencies facing the ocean. She LOVES it there. It's close to everything, she drinks her morning coffee on the balcony facing the ocean, and the staff has been great (except some jerky guy in the office). It's not the Ritz, but it's very comfortable for middle class folks. The only negatives were that one year we had ants when we got there. The staff sprayed and that took care of it. One year we were moved to a different room then the one we reserved because some college kids had spilled beer all over the floor - not the hotels fault. But they gave us another effeciency facing the ocean on the same floor. No problem. We have been very pleased and are going back again this year. She always tells me she wants to stay at Eden Roc. I totally recommend it to you.

Stayed May 2006
2 Thank jerrypa61
Reading,PA
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My family and I have been staying off and on at the Eden Roc for more then ten years and have seen a rapid trend in the overall upkeep of the Motel. The tile floors are the worst thing a beach Motel could do. it is just another way they are thinking of themselves and not their guest. Ask about your room...5 rooms are tucked in corners and feel like you are in a cave. When checking in this year we were instructed that the curtain was broken...like hanginging open for three feet on the Balt. ave side. It was fixxed..by my wife and I. Two walls of that room were all windows. Staff is friendly. Owners not as friendly. When we asked to be moved owner was very reluctent to do so. That was the last time we will stay there. Bike rental on location has very aged bikes that have more then paid for themselves.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Property Maintainence
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank OceanLover63
pa
Reviewed July 12, 2007

My experience was just okay. My biggest problem with this motel was the newer tile floors that have been installed throughout the room. It just felt odd to me to get out of bed and put your feet down on tile. Also, unlike carpet, the floors stayed gritty and wet. I got weary of brushing my feet off before I crawled into bed each night. Just an uncomfortble feeling all week. The maid service cleaned very average. None of our luggage was ever moved to vacumn or sweep under, so we always seemed to have sand. The pool was small but alright. Parking was extremely tight. I was warned about that issue. Would I ever stay here again? Nah. It wasn't my worst motel experience, but I will spend a little more money next time I visit OC.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ronnieinpa
chambersburg
Reviewed June 12, 2007

took all of our money even security deposit due to the fact everyone was to meet at our motel so we can go to a basketball tourament there was 17 of us this happened at 4:30 in the afternoon. they told us no guest was alloud.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends