“Cheap ”
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Got a room for a conference nearby...$48 a night on weekend is pretty good anywhere. It was somewhat run down but reasonably clean. Bottom line it meets the basic need of a room for cheap. Good location on boardwalk.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Clint26
There are newer reviews for Eden Roc Motel

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed through bike week Sept 10th - 16th and didn't have any problems at all. Great location and the room was cheep and clean enough for me. It is all in what you want if you a Hampton Inn stay in a Hampton Inn.

2  Thank 976Dave
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My fiance and I decided last minute to go to Ocean City for a brief two or three day getaway after our small wedding. This wedding occurred 9/14/13...at the end of Ocean City Bike Week. Needless to say, place after place was booked. When we finally got to Eden Roc, after reading some alarming reviews on Trip Advisor, the gentleman told us he did have one room. When my fiance (at the time) explained it was for our honeymoon, he said he normally didn't rent the rooms for just two nights, but for us, he'd make an exception. He only had two rooms left in the hotel area (we weren't interested in the efficiencies). He also explained that Bike Week would really be ending once we got there, but just in case, he would give us the room in the back corner, as far from the main drag (Baltimore Avenue) as he could.

We had to send a check to prepay, and received our receipt almost immediately. We arrived from Pennsylvania at around 8:45 pm, and then paid for the rest of the stay. The older gentleman others have mentioned was at the desk. He was a bit gruff, but he smiled and joked around with us a bit.

Our room was small, but we realized it would be when we saw the price. A king-sized bed with good pillows and comfortable blankets. Very nice flat-screen TV, deep drawers, mini-fridge and microwave. Only one end table with no clock, which was one of my few complaints. There was a clock on the microwave, but without my glasses in the middle of the night, I couldn't see it. There was a small table in the corner with two chairs. The bathroom was small, as were the towels, but the shower had hot water any time, day or night. The toilet seat lid was loose, but other than a lack of actual tissues, we had no other complaints about the bathroom.

The floor was tile, as someone else mentioned, so we did wear shoes in there the entire time. No problems with bedbugs or baby ants or anything else! Our room was at the back corner, so as soon as we stepped outside, we could see the ocean. Phillips Crab House was across the street the other direction, so the location is prime.

Jeannie at the desk, a new employee, could not have been nicer. She gave ibuprofen when needed, and suggested a good place for breakfast.

We will return here again. As long as you're not looking for the Hilton, I cannot see why this motel would disappoint you.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room at the back, since you're a few feet closer to the boardwalk.
3  Thank LaraJL1972
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel management not helpful at all, I made a mistake and left my cell phone in my room while I went to the beach on September 9, 2013. As soon as I returned to my room I started receiving weird text messages from my wireless carrier, so I called them, only to find out that my identity had been stolen. I spent 3 hours on the phone changing accounts and freezing bank accounts. I know it happened there, I have never had this happen before, I have been all over the east coast using my credit and bank cards, ordered items online, etc and this has never happened to me before. When I reported it to the man that was working that evening he says to me, "hmm, maybe they fired the wrong people a few weeks back." The next day they told me they were going to run a scan of everyone that was in and out of that room for me to call for an update. When I called to see, they pretty much told me it was my problem. Hopefully I have luck when I take the info and IP addressed to the police department, and if I find out it was anyone at this place, I will own Eden Roc. Maybe if you would have honest americans working for you, maybe this wouldn't happen. Thanks for your hospitality.

6  Thank Shane T
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ok. I'm gonna start off by saying after reading the reviews online, I was scared to death to get there and see what this place was... Literally sick thinking about it. So here's my review!!!

The motel does look retro... Walked in the office for the first time and was greated by two extremely friendly women at the desk. I got out keys and spoke a while and then off to the room. Parked right out front of our room and made it to the door.

When I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a nice size, very clean, no sand and no ants or any other bugs... Bed sheets and linens were clean. Smelled of a freshly cleaned room....

No maids walk right in as I had seen someone had posted... We never needed anything.... Very well stocked. Fridge and microwave worked great... Nice flat screen tv with lots of channels. Even tho we only had it on once.... Nice hot water in the showers. (And 4 of us went back to back and never ran out)... I had also taken extra towels, toilet paper, and paper towels... But could have saved the packing because we never needed them...

The pool was clean... And never over crowded...

I paid a great price and was very satisfied with the rooms. So don't let the other reviews scare you like they did me... I don't go to the beach to stay in a room... Friends of ours stayed in two other motels and paid more and their rooms were aweful compacted to mine:..

So thanks for a great vacation Eden Roc... See you next year

Natalie Cooley

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Medic1242
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I walked into the room with my friend and thought we walked in a storage closet by mistake. There was a bed inside but that's about it. We were promised a couch but that old man lied and now they won't give me my $105 back and I didn't stay there the second night. It seems like they care more about renting bikes than they do customer service. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! I recommend somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't pick this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Allie B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok, not only is their t.v listing on their website a lie. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HBO ON THEIR TV. Now this didn't matter much since my boyfriend and I weren't there to just watch t.v but I just wanted to put that out there for people to know. The t.v. only has 21 channels,12 which are just news. I also seen about 3 ants on the bed in the same day.
The most upsetting thing to happen, especially since it was my very first vacation to ocean city, I had $105 stolen both from my purse and wallet. I went to the manager the next day about it and all she said was that nobody would touch my purse. Why I believe it was the house maid, was because the person counted out $40 from my wallet and put it back in, took $60 then $45 I set aside in my purse. If it was another customer from the motel, they would have either took my whole purse or grabbed my wallet and the $45 and ran. Also, before my boyfriend and I went down to the beach, pushed my purse between the night stand and the bed. The house keeper was even in our room when I went up from the pool side. The point is, DO NOT STAY HERE. the workers are VERY unprofessional. If you do stay, put anything important into your car before leaving your room and lock it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple