“Terrible!”
Review of Kings Arms Motel

Kings Arms Motel
Ranked #88 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 25, 2012

First of all absolutely horrible customer service. Second if something of your will be stolen police will not respond right away since the management abuses their services so much calling the cops for NO reason. For example when our friend who DOESN'T stay with us wanted to use the restroom in our room not only the cops were called but also we were yelled by the management. So if you wanna have a good vacation spend extra dollars but stay away from that place. A quote from one of the managers "We have our clientele so you can pack your stuff and leave". And I bet their clientele is their family members and friends since noone else will put up with that craziness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I chose this motel for the price, pool, close proximity to restaraunts & Jolly Roger amusement park. It is not the Ritz, don't expect 300 thread count sheets, or anything like that. There were no toiletries, which is fine for us as we brought our own. Really the only cons for me was that the mattress wasn't super comfortable, and that there were people smoking & drinking out front most of the day & night. I traveled with my young daughter, mom, & sister. Over all, the value is pretty good! You ice get cold A/C, mini-fridge, microwave, pool with outdoor shower (so you can clean up from the beach), its 1 block from the beach, and our room had laminate wood floors. Restaraunts are within walking distance, there is a beach store next door which came in handy for my family, pancake restaurant a few doors down, Jolly Roger amusement park is right across the street, 1 block down. We had an enjoyable stay here and would reccommend it for budget-conscious travelers!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank BunnysMama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A friend and I along with a total of 4 kids stayed for 2 nights and found the manager and staff to be extremely rude and unpleasant. The lady even yelled at a friend of ours who stopped by to chat and told her to go home now and that she couldn't sit at the pool unless we paid for her. The rooms were not great, smelled and were very dark. Even the main lobby area was so mildew smelling that I had to cover my nose when we walked in. The only thing nice about the place was the pool and I think it was only because it was so hot! I would never stay in this motel ever again. Not only did the manager ruin our first few days of vacation, but the accommodations were terrible!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank katec57589
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I always go to Ocean City MD on vacation. We never stayed at Kings Arms before and saw that their prices were cheaper than the place that we normally stay so we decided that we would try it. NEVER AGAIN will we stay there. The rooms really do smell like mold and mildew, and it is like you are staying in a dungeon. I read StaceyB2011's review and thought maybe she just had a bad experience, well no because my stay was the same way.

We arrived right before the hurricane hit in August. When my husband and I were walking the boardwalk we heard from the loud speakers at several other hotels that there was a mandatory evacuation of Ocean City. When we went back and asked the people at our hotel they said that didn't know what we were talking about. They would have let us stay and be stuck in the hurricane if we wouldn't have asked around. After complaining to the staff that we wanted our money back because we paid in cash for the 4 night stay we were to have the finally refunded our money. BUT ... when we got home we see a change for $160 on our credit card, which was almost double the room rate for one night and we didn't even stay overnight. THE CITY HAD TO BE EVACUATED, so of course we didn't stay. We had to call and dispute the charges on our credit card after we called the motel over 5 times and never received a response.

I have stayed at many places in Ocean City over the years and this is by far the WORST place I have ever stayed. I am not normally a person that would right a review, but our experience was so terrible that I wanted others to know so that they do not have to waste their time or money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lacy0702
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We have been staying at the Kings Arms for many years. It has always been an enjoyable stay at a reasonable price. We just came back yesterday from bike week there and had a great time. If you want a nice quiet place to stay this is it. We reserve the same room every time we go there. It is one block from the boardwalk or the bay. Mike Postick Ashland, PA

Room Tip: We like second floor because you can see the ocean and the bay from there.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike17921
Reviewed August 1, 2011

An economical place with no frills. The room was clean and included a table and two chairs. We had a king bed - pillows and bed were both comfortable. There was plenty of room for our coolers, bicycles, and luggage. Room included a microwave and a refrigerator. Initially the refrigerator was turned off and i was worried it didn't work, but it was up and running well by the time we came back from dinner. The microwave worked fine. We couldn't find the channel we wanted to watch. The service guy was very sweet and came back twice to help us find the program. The pool was clean with plenty of chairs, but located next to a busy street. They have an outside foot shower. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner and tissues. The towels were small and thin but did the job. The maid gave us some extra towels. A (7-11) convenience store is two blocks away, the beach and boardwalk is one very small block away. The motel is situated just outside the busiest area of the boardwalk so the traffic is a little lighter. A great location. Close to miniature golf, restaurants, and amusement park. I would stay here again for the price and convenience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sjkate
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I wish after reading these reviews on this motel I could've cancelled and not lost any money. One person commented on how bad their clothes all smelled of mold, she was right. At first it smells damp when you walk in and then you shut the door and you feel like you are in a dungeon. It was very dark. I noticed the smell on my sweater I wore out to dinner one night, it made me sick. Not to mention that we weren't told that it was Senior Week the week we made our reservation. The mouths on these teenagers. We couldn't even sit out on the chairs because of their language. So I have decided for all future vacations I will only at better name hotels or condos, yes I expect to pay more but after having to wash every piece of clothing twice and having the feeling I did everytime we had to walk back in that place, I don't care how much it costs me. Please keep looking. This is the perfect place for rowdy teenagers, not families.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family