“Terrific value and exceptionally clean!”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

Sea Hawk Motel
Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington D.C.
“Terrific value and exceptionally clean!”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This was our first trip to OC and after reading many reviews on hotels/motels, we decided on the Sea Hawk because everyone kept saying how clean it was and this is very important to me in a stay. We were not disappointed in the least. The rooms were extremely clean and I have high standards. We had a full kitchen in our room, although we didn't use it except to keep drinks in the fridge. The matresses could use some updating as they were a bit uncomfortable. The motel is only about a half a block to the beach which I found much less crowded and almost cozier than the beach front along the boardwalk. We drove to the boardwalk as it's definitely not within walking distance, but we didn't mind the few minute drive and didn't have a problem finding parking. The motel staff was very friendly and courteous as well as helpful. One minor problem came on our last night there when we had a knock on our door at 2am from a drunk guest from the floor below who was ranting about someone throwing liquid on her husband from above. She kept my husband at the door for 20 min just blabbering. Anyway, I alerted the staff the next morning and they informed me that the couple had already been evicted. Final note - we will definitely be back next year with our kiddos to enjoy the Sea Hawk and OC!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nafwill77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We booked the Sea Hawk motel 8/24/09 - 8/29/09. We were a group of 13 and booked 4 efficiencies on the 3rd floor. We were all very satisfied. The efficiencies are not huge, but it worked for our family of 3. The rooms were very clean. The bedspread and shower curtain were changed daily along with sheets and towels. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed except a coffee maker, so we brought our own from home. Not a problem. The pool area is very clean and nice, but a little noisy since it's right on the highway. The only area I noticed that needed attention was the entry to the elevator. The ashtray was always overflowing. Not a huge deal. There was plenty of parking. There are several restaurants/shops within walking distance which is very nice. The staff were super nice and always helpful when we needed something (like an extra blanket). The price is very reasonable. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank KCashVa
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I found the Sea Hawk to be a good value for the price paid. The room had 2 queen beds, sofa bed, TV, stove, microwave, and full size refrigerator. There was a supply of dishes, pans, mugs. The Motel is located 1/2 a block from the beach on the quiet family side and several miles away from the boardwalk and crowds. I did not hear any noise at night and this appeared to be a motel frequented by families. The pool is very small, as are most pools in smaller motels. The staff was friendly and allowed use of a change room and parking after we had checked out. There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off and many restaurants, stores, fast food, etc nearby. A bus route runs along the front street. The motel is an excellent choice. Only those not wanting to walk, drive, bike or bus to the boardwalk should avoid this place.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ae2j1
Quebec
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed at the Sea Hawk Motel for the second time this summer and it was just as great as the first time. Me and my family all love it. First of all, the employees at the hotels are just very friendly and nice. Too the rooms are very clean and very practical because of the little kitchen(refrigerator , microwave and Oven). The pool is very clean and hot. The only things at the hotel that could of been better is that the water from the shower was getting cold and then extremily hot, the pool is closing at 8 o'clock(too early).
Over all the hotel was fun and i would recommend it to anybody.

2 Thank peacegirl123
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This motel, located on 125th St in Ocean City is currently rated at #2 in terms of popularity on travel advisor. Based on our experience, this past 4 nights, I dont think it belongs in the top 20. The low daily rate of $155 per night was the main draw admittedly, and the rooms were cleaned daily and the grounds were clean. This is a family run motel, and so the front office was friendly and helpful, but the rooms were small, outdated, the beds not firm enough for anyone over 200 lbs, the clientele sometimes not the best (our boogie board and beach chair were stolen from our front door overnight.), and our car was also keyed in the parking lot. I am not sure if this was just a random teenager or what, but in any case, this is not what I expect when I go on vacation to a nice hotel at the beach resort of Ocean CIty, MD.

Let me say that in previous stays in Ocean CIty, that we stayed at the Hilton, whose rooms are almost brand new and three times the size of the Sea Hawk. Yes, the Hilton is more than three times the price of the Sea Hawk Motel, but is more than three times as nice as well in terms of size, view privacy and amenities. The Hilton is a hotel where you hate to leave. In contrast, we could not wait to check out of the Sea Hawk Hotel.. The Sea Hawk Hotel's only pool is adjacent to Coastal Highway and is really too small to be considered usable. In fact, its dimensions are no more than 20 x 30 feet. and 5 feet deep at the deep end. The Sea Hawk does have a 1.5 block walk to the beach at 125th st., but at least it is on oceanside. Also, the Sea Hawk does not have laundry facilities, so be prepared to use a laundromat, and bring your own toulet paper, paper towels, and can opener. The kitchen in the efficiency is rudimentary at best, and you will find yourself eating out almost every night., because the kitchen and related cooking equipment is not the same as what you are used to at home. On the plus side, the Sea Hawk is located across the street from a brand new all you can eat crab house, called Old Mill Crab House. Old MIll is expensive, but if you are hungry for blue crabs, you will enjoy the dinner. With the money you save by staying at the Sea Hawk you can definitely afford to eat out, so if you dont mind roughing it in an average non full service hotel, stay here at the Sea Hawk, and have extra money for eating out, or whatever else you like to do. If, on the other hand, you value quiet, privacy, ocean views, full service, no crime, safes in room, awesome pools, better location, but higher rates, stay at the Hilton. I think next time I will save my money for the Hilton. Hope this review helps everyone.

4 Thank Tegemeister
Annapolis
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I have been going to Ocean City for most of my life. We had met some new friends while travailing to Chicago. They came out with their two teen girls this summer for a visit. The girls had never been in the ocean before so the trip was a big one for them. We have stayed in many places over the years and some of the hotels, even the big ones have not always been very clean.
This place was just what the other reviewers had said, older hotel, but great service and very clean. They even let us check in at 11:00. There was plenty of parking and the walk to the beach was very short. We plan on staying here every time we come to the beach.

2 Thank treedoctor3
CT
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Hawk motel for a week and it was great. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and spacious. The walk to the beach was very short and there was no street to cross because we went out of the back of the motel. I thought that it was going to be noisy because it is located on Coastal Highway which is a very busy road, but it was surprisingly quiet. The private balcony was great - we sat out there every night and watched the cars drive by! The motel is not near the boardwalk, but there were plenty of stores, shops, and restaurants within walking distance. And the few times we drove to the boardwalk, we were able to find on-street free parking. The only negative thing I could say is that a few times when I was taking a shower, the water temperature was not consistent. Although, in a motel there are a lot of people using the water at the same time so I wasn't too surprised when it happened. Overall, it was a great trip and we would definitely go back to the Sea Hawk motel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple