“Great family vacation to OCMD”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

Sea Hawk Motel
Ranked #31 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Seahawk August 25-30. Found this place by reading tons of the reviews on trip advisor. Reviews were so right. Exceptionally clean motel. Saw no evidence of bed bugs. kitchenette was nice and had a huge fridge. Stove/oven nice. we baked lasagna one night. Convenient to everything (boardwalk is about 100 streets away, but you can take the bus and there is a stop directly in front of hotel). Staff is super nice. Pool area is nice, chairs take up much of the room around it, but we still enjoyed it. Parking lot in back is ideal, short walk to beach & we would just throw our chairs/toys etc in trunk before going back to our room after a day on the beach. We arrived early and they issued us our Parking pass, we used their changing room and headed to the beach. Dumsers is right across the street (great breakfast lunch and dinner and awesome ice cream) close to NorthSidePark park which is a great facility ocean city has. Within walking distance to restaurants pubs substations etc. we went to the crab bag and did ayce crabs...excellent. (Don't go to Higgins, the crab bag is worth the wait!!) The only complaint is the water temperature would go from hot hot to cold cold the entire time in the shower. We will definitely be returning to the seahawk next year. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lindsay0329

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Seahawk Motel all week. It was our first time in OCMD. The first thing I did when I got there was go to my room and check the beds for bugs and the rest of the room for filth. A clean room was the most important thing to me. I stayed in a second floor effeciency. Kitchen had everything I needed to cook breakfast with except a spatula. Not a big deal. My only issue was the water temp in the shower. It was either HOT HOT or FREEZING cold during all of my showers. I only mention this incase children are involved. Be very careful, the water gets scolding hot out of nowhere! ! Other then that I absolutely will be returning to the Seahawk next year. Beach is very close..boardwalk is very far away..just a FYI

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank andub
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for four nights, August 12-16, myself and two daughters. Clean, comfortable beds, quiet (AC wall unit is loud and drowns out noises), small bathroom but space under sink to store toiletries, pool. Reasons we love this place (stayed here last year also): no streets to cross to get to the beach, restaurants within walking distance, grocery store two blocks away, Sunsations across the street. We enjoy the public park with walking trails, fishing piers, open spaces, beautiful sunsets, game fields (watched baseball and lacrosse games), tot lot, fitness center, public bathrooms and snack bars, etc. nearby. Ladies at the front desk are helpful and kind. For the price and clean accommodations we will be back next year!

1  Thank mcsp
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I came to town to visit family and made a last minute reservation at the Sea Hawk. Linda could not have been more helpful and kind. I rented a room on the 4th floor, they do not have a kitchenette . The room was updated, very clean and had a view of Coastal Hwy. The pool is nice and clean. The location is great for families. Grotto pizza,Dumpsers,McDonalds and Sunsations across the street. Bus stop on corner! We had a great time and will stay there again on my next trip back.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank PHOTOAZ
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. My daughter's softball team stayed here last week and the service and attention we received was the BEST we've ever received. The hotel was impeccably clean. Our room was the perfect size and the location was super. It was so nice to be able to walk to restaurants and the beach. If we return to Ocean City, we will definitely stay at the Sea Hawk.

Room Tip: Their efficiency units are great...bigger than a regular hotel room and a full size fridge. Great f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My biggest concern with a hotel is cleanliness and we have stayed in much higher priced hotels who can take a lesson from this one. The hotel is ocean side not ocean front. That means that you do not have to cross any major roads to get to it. There was 1 small hotel and I believe one condo building between us and the beach. To me this is perfect. I dont have to pay a fortune for a hotel and I can be at my room in 5 minutes if need be to get out of the sun. We were on the 3rd floor (there is an elevator but it could be a longer walk that the stairs depending on where you are). At first I thought the room we were getting was 2 separate rooms (it was a suite) but it was actually a large room with a divider wall that you can open or close. This actually worked out better for us because we could all be together and spread out when we wanted to but could also close the divider when needed. As someone else mentioned there is no vent in the bathroom but we had 4 people in the room and hot water was never a problem for showers. The pullout bed in the couch had one corner broken when we pulled it out the first night. It did not stop my son from sleeping on it and he said it was comfortable. A trip down to the office the next morning was all it took to get it fixed. They were very apologetic.and Did a temporary fix that day and then fixed it permanently the next. There is a pool that was very clean as well. IN walking distance is a grotto pizza, a sunsations, a dumsers dairy restaurant, and restaurants (even a McDonalds if need be). Is the place old? Yes it is. Is it far from the boardwalk? Yes. (we consider that a plus) but it was $172 per night for 4 people at peak season for the suite.. I consider that a deal (its $152 if you only have 2 people) and would stay here again.

4  Thank marcab19
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This motel is one of the best deals in over-priced Ocean City. They keep it clean. Have a friendly staff ..... Mostly Linda at front desk.... She is very helpful.
We have been going to OC for over 25 years and now this is the best place for us .....enjoyed everything....the location..... The hospitality.... The cleanliness......
We will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Second floor is ideal.
2  Thank pennstfan