“Clean, close to beach and great price”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

Sea Hawk Motel
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Clean, close to beach and great price”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My biggest concern with a hotel is cleanliness and we have stayed in much higher priced hotels who can take a lesson from this one. The hotel is ocean side not ocean front. That means that you do not have to cross any major roads to get to it. There was 1 small hotel and I believe one condo building between us and the beach. To me this is perfect. I dont have to pay a fortune for a hotel and I can be at my room in 5 minutes if need be to get out of the sun. We were on the 3rd floor (there is an elevator but it could be a longer walk that the stairs depending on where you are). At first I thought the room we were getting was 2 separate rooms (it was a suite) but it was actually a large room with a divider wall that you can open or close. This actually worked out better for us because we could all be together and spread out when we wanted to but could also close the divider when needed. As someone else mentioned there is no vent in the bathroom but we had 4 people in the room and hot water was never a problem for showers. The pullout bed in the couch had one corner broken when we pulled it out the first night. It did not stop my son from sleeping on it and he said it was comfortable. A trip down to the office the next morning was all it took to get it fixed. They were very apologetic.and Did a temporary fix that day and then fixed it permanently the next. There is a pool that was very clean as well. IN walking distance is a grotto pizza, a sunsations, a dumsers dairy restaurant, and restaurants (even a McDonalds if need be). Is the place old? Yes it is. Is it far from the boardwalk? Yes. (we consider that a plus) but it was $172 per night for 4 people at peak season for the suite.. I consider that a deal (its $152 if you only have 2 people) and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank marcab19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This motel is one of the best deals in over-priced Ocean City. They keep it clean. Have a friendly staff ..... Mostly Linda at front desk.... She is very helpful.
We have been going to OC for over 25 years and now this is the best place for us .....enjoyed everything....the location..... The hospitality.... The cleanliness......
We will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Second floor is ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pennstfan
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a two-family vacation and while my SIL had stayed here previously, this was my second trip to OC and last time we stayed down south (near the 20s).

This place is just what you want for a vacation--as long as you don't want all the distractions in the south end (boardwalk, inlet, noisy bars, etc). Numerous eating choices within walking distance, beach is a quick stroll out the back parking lot and shopping is just minutes away.

Property is clean and well-maintained. You can tell someone truly cares for their guests. Room had two queens and a pull out with a galley size range and full size fridge. Don't let the size of the range worry you, I did baked pasta for seven (two rooms) one night with minimal problems.

If you want to have a trip where you feel safe, feel like you are more than a number, and save a few dollars along the way--this is the place for you and your family. After all, how much time are you going to spend in a hotel/motel room when you are at the beach on vacation? MIght as well have comfortable beds at much less than the national chains.

3 Thank Jim M
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay in North OC to be close to our friends. Well, I knew going in that there would be no sunrise view of the ocean or sunset view of the bay...but it didn't make the "highway" view any better. The orange splatter on the room divider was there when we arrived...and it was there when we left. (I suspect pizza sauce.) What was I thinking? The price was low-average. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank NancyLCarpenter
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been staying here for the past 3 years when I visit OC. We came July 17th-19th for my son's birthday. Great stay, clean room. I now have my entire family come from Chicago and West Virginia come stay here for a week in August. This will be our second year having our family reunion in Sea Hawk Motel. This place is clean, cleaning staff are friendly and the front desk treat you like family. I recommend this place to anyone. The beach is close by and good restaurants. Never had any issues at all.

3 Thank dmejia246
Atlanta
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights (Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st) to have a little weekend celebration for my husbands birthday. On arrival they did allow us to check in 45 minutes early which is great, especially traveling with 3 little kids. Our room was on the ground floor right next to the pool with sliding glass door out to the patio, very convenient. I was mildly concerned there might be noisy pool patrons late, but I never heard a sound.
On the positive note, everything was spotlessly clean. Nice size kitchen area in our efficiency, and decent size bathroom. The bathroom doesn't have a vent (if that bothers you) and they don't provide shampoo/ conditioner, little bar soap only. No biggie.
The air conditioner is a wall unit and it runs constantly. Personally I don't mind white noise all day in order to stay cool, but this might also annoy some.
The two things that did make my stay very uncomfortable were 1. The room was very damp. All the time. I didn't notice nearly as much during the day, but at night my pillow literally felt damp on my face. I tossed and turned, feeling like I was sleeping in a pile of sweat even though I wasn't sweating and the room was cold. My husband blew me off about it, until he realized when we were leaving he had left his suitcase open pretty much the whole time, and ALL his clothes were damp INSIDE the suitcase. He said it must have been because we were right next to the pool. Only other thing I can think of is if the carpet gets steamed too frequently and never dries enough. My recommendation would be to request a room far from the pool.

Number 2. I only had two showers while there. During both of which the water would fluctuate from boiling hot to ice cold in a split second, every 15 seconds or so. And I'm not exaggerating. I was scared to let my kids get under the shower running because of the unpredictable extreme hot water. So they did baths, sitting in washed off sand. I'm assuming it's just old plumbing, paired with me showering while water was being used elsewhere, toilets flushing, etc. But I like a nice long hot, consistent temperature shower. I hate to even complain about something the management probably has no control over, but that's how it was.

We were happy with the location. I wanted to be far away from the boardwalk, and we were. Restaurants in the area were still packed at dinner. Be prepared for a long wait on weekends.

Again, our room was spotlessly clean, so if this is of primary importance to you, and cost, then this is an acceptable place to stay. Unfortunately the dampness and wonky shower water were enough to be a turn off for me, so if we ever do return we probably will look elsewhere.

2 Thank 804stacyb
Clear Spring, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

this place is tops! Got to OC early on Thursday, burn out trying to find something to do and called for an early check in. I was told to come on over and park in their lot and we could use their beach until our room was ready. Their beach is awesome, not crowed like on the boardwalk. After spending a few hours on the beach, checked to see if the room was ready and it was not, told them my phone was going dead and would check back. About 15 minutes later after hanging out in the shade, the front desk clerk walked our key back to the parking lot and informed us our room was ready. Room was clean and comfy, AC worked great, Kitchen area was clean and well maintained. Rates were in range for a family watching their money. Staff was over the top with service and kindness. I most defiantly would stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Great family hotel!!!
3 Thank Cris L