“Surprised that a motel could be that nice...”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

Sea Hawk Motel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife does not do motels. The only way I was able to convince her to give this a try was from the reviews on tripadvisor and the price. We arrived to the hotel, I mean motel and were in our rooms in minutes. We were traveling with my wife's cousin's family of six. With 2 double beds, a pull out bed, a kitchenette, and a fridge in each room, we were set for the weekend. The economy, rooms, I think they are called, a great for families or groups of friends who do not mind sharing a little personal space. There is a retractable partition that can be used to separate the sofa loundge room, from the 2 double beds. We were on the first floor, so our patio opened right into the parking lot which was convenient for loading up the car, but did not feel the most private. When we go to the beach we don't plan on spending too much time in the room, so we were not looking for the egyptian linen or plush beds, and we did not find such. Rooms had everything we needed including wifi, and offered a great price!

Room Tip: Great for families and friends who are fine staying together. First floor patios do open to the park...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank narykcin
There are newer reviews for Sea Hawk Motel

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This family-owned motel is a gem that people might overlook just driving past. From check-in to check-out, service was awesome. Our room and bathroom were super clean--everything smelled fresh. There were plenty of fresh towels and washcloths. It was nice to be able to go sit on the balcony in the morning with my coffee before starting the day! My kids enjoyed the pool. Right across the street from restaurants--you could walk if you wanted. There is a bus stop right across the street if you want to keep your car parked all week and use the bus to get to the boardwalk! The bus stop right near the front office will drop you off after a long day at the boardwalk/beach.

This motel surprised me honestly, in a great way. The reviews are correct! Luxury it isn't, but it was clean, comfortable, and quiet for our stay. Lots of families here and everyone we encountered was friendly. Being able to walk out of the back of the motel and walk across the street to the beach is perfect, especially with two kids. Also, the value is great if you compare pricing for he same kind of room for the area. We definitely will keep coming back here!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank MagMagoo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family stayed at the Sea Hawk again this year after being pleasantly surprised by this hotel last summer. If you scroll through all the reviews you’ll see mine where my chief complaint was a rather soft bed … otherwise it was perfect. Well, this year we had requested the same room as we had last year (111, in case you were wondering) because loved the location of it and also liked being on the first floor. With that being said, I want to admit that the bed was the same as last year and I slept like a baby!

This hotel really is an astounding value for what you get. Our room once again had a the mini-kitchen (and I use the term “mini” lightly – it is actually quite spacious) and I think this year our room had received a new AC unit. We were there in the middle of one of the season’s worst heatwaves and they were courteous enough to turn on the air conditioning in our room before we arrived! We brought our luggage into a freshly cooled room.

The housekeeping staff meets and goes beyond all expectations. I’ve stayed in quite a few hotels for work and I can truthfully say this is the cleanest property I’ve had the pleasure of staying at. The office workers have been a pleasure to speak with both when making reservations and also checking in/out.

There is plenty of well-lit parking with the spaces being very accommodating to bigger vehicles. That’s not something you can say about other hotels/condos in the area. Additionally there is a new Grotto Pizza across the street complete with mini golf. It is nice to see that building back to life.

Some folks have complained that ice is $1.50 a bag and that they do not supply complementary shampoo and other basic toiletries. Really? Is that really a deal breaker for you? First off, the ice is probably not complementary due to the motel’s location – people walking to and from the beach would probably just take the ice as they wish. And I always take my own toiletries wherever I go. I prefer to use my own, thank you very much. They do supply hand/facial soap along with dish soap for the kitchen. If you can’t stand forking over a measly buck fifty for a bag of ice that you can keep in your room’s freezer or are very upset that you need to bring your own Prell then I guess you just can’t be satisfied.

We consider this place our home-away-from-home. You will, too!

4  Thank Matchgame90
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I always check tripadvisor before going anywhere. After reading all the reviews about The Sea Hawk I thought we would give it a try. It rated #2 and I can see why. Upon arrival we were happily greeted. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. Their housekeeping does an amazing job keeping everything nice and clean. There is nothing negative to say. It is truly a delightful place to stay. You can tell they take great pride in their motel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. Motel room only. It was very quiet. If you have a family with small chil...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendy92062
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last year and were pleasantly surprised. They were very reasonably priced and better than most hotels in OC. The best hotel in OC, MD for the price.

A few weeks ago we lost power due to the storm, so Sat. morning we decided to skip the heat & head to OC. I started calling hotels on our way down there and again they were one of the lowest priced yet one of the largest rooms. The receptionist was very nice and held the room for us without a deposit. Another family member decided to take his family down there and we told him to call them also and they accommodated him as well. Later that day yet another family member (that lost power) decided to join us with his family and the staff was very understanding and accommodating. He arrived almost at midnight and they held the room for him.

The hotel was sold out by Sat night and they still had plenty of parking. The parking spaces are large and well lit. Not like other hotels down there that are tiny and cars easily get dents & scratches.

This is now my number one pick in OC. The rooms are very large, clean and reasonably priced. The staff is very nice, specially the groundskeeper. He is extremely helpful and friendly.

I almost didn't write this review because I don't want this hotel to be booked when we go down there, but they deserve it. They are good people operating a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lady202
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I chose this place because of the reviews on this website because I have never been to OC before, glad I did. Sure it needs updated, but it is clean, and the housekeepers do their job very well. The room was big, loved having a kitchen and a sliding divider between the living area and bedroom. We had room 116 which is on the end and on the first floor. We went on the July 4th week and it was the perfect spot for fireworks that were across the street at the park. All we had to do was sit on our porch and they were right in front of us. The location to the beach is great, a nice easy walk through condos. It is kind of far from the boardwalk, but we purchased all day bus passes, $3.00 for the whole day, or $1.00 each way. The bus stop going back is right in front of the Motel. I also noticed this place to be family friendly. The staff was very friendly, especially David I think his name was, the maintenance man originally from the Pittsburgh area, which is where we are from. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the traffic noise. My husband sleeps with earplugs, and my 11 year old can sleep through anything, I heard it but still slept very well, I usually do not in hotels. The beds were comfortable also. We are going back again next year for sure and staying here again

5  Thank daltydoo
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I decided to visit Ocean City, MD as a last minute mini vacation over 4 of July, must places did not have vacancies and if they did they where charging an arm and leg, very rarely do I stay in a motel so I was a bit nervous when we got there it was nice and clean. The room was clean everyday. We stayed in room number 344 it had two double beds with a bathroom small kitchen and a balcony; Everyone was very nice and polite, helpful. The Motel had a pool, very convenient to everything the beach is located less then half block away and it was beautiful not crowed at all. I give this Motel a rating of 5 stars not for luxury but for their daily rate, service, convenience and cleanness and proximity to the beach. FYI they don't take credit cards over the phone

4  Thank Claudia G