Crystal Beach Hotel
$118
ClarionHotels
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$130
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$65
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$230
$211
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$109
ComfortInn
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$129
$117
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsparking garageocean viewjacuzzi roomthe north endsmall kitchenettecoffee potnice sizecar showvery nice hotelroom was clean and comfortableoff seasonlabor dayplenty of parkingfamily vacationstevieboardwalkmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We finally decided on the Crystal Beach after driving ourselves crazy researching, and calling around looking for a "reasonable" beach front unit on the boardwalk. The person who took my reservation over the phone told me I would have an efficiency overlooking the ocean. I would consider an efficiency to have some type of appliance to cook on. Well, I suppose they count a toaster as a "full kitchen", because there was no stove, and all of the items we brought to make in the efficiency went back in the bags. I thought trying to make spaghetti with the toaster would have been a little difficult.

To be honest I did not inquire about Wifi when I talked to a somewhat disinterested Crystal Beach person on the phone, but I was really ticked when I found out we had to pay for access. In my experience, having to pay for internet access was unheard of. Not only did I have to pay the service, it was incredibly bad. When the Wifi worked it was very slow and kicked you off every five minutes. I complained to the management only to discover they contract a third party Wifi provider, and my $13.95 plus tax would have to be refunded through them. Considering I was charged some kind of $3.00 fee for Wifi upfront I find their method of operation disturbing.

Cleanliness; I know its Ocean City, but it could have been better. The reason I say this is when we had cause to refit the ill fitted sheets on one of the beds there were toenail clippings and general crud under the bed...yuck.

Comfort; the room never dried out. even though the air conditioner worked, it did not remove the moisture from the air. Everything was damp at all times, and after three we felt like mushrooms.

Staff; I know others have remarked regarding the staff's helpfulness and friendliness. I can neither confirm or deny as we had minimal contact with them. But, the phone conversation was pretty much consisted of word answers, and a curt demeanor.

Overall I would recommend staying elsewhere based on their lack of honesty regarding the type of unit I thought I had purchased.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ravenmaniac2632
Reviewed July 29, 2009

DO NOT STAY THERE! The room I stayed at had mold on the ceiling and when I moved to another room...same problem! Luckily, my friends and I had our own sheets, but sill couldn't sleep from the foul smell that came from the mattress. We woke up 6am and got ready to leave. We did not want to stay there another minute. Also, the coffee machine had white stuff inside,so we didn't even want to use it. Gross! I told the front desk person to report the mold because 2 rooms had it. I'm sure more rooms have mold. As soon as we left, we went to wash all our sheets. We ended up staying at the Days Inn and were just thankful the room had no mold and smell from the mattress. I'm not going to just write this comment on this site...I'm going to report Crystal Beach Hotel and make sure they get this problem resolved!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank truthbtold4realz
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My friends and I stayed at the Crystal Beach for a weekend trip. The pictures on the website and the exterior looked nice, so we decided to stay here. We were told we can check in at 3pm. We tried to check in at 3:30pm, but when we went to our room they were still cleaning it. We went back down to the front desk and they gave us another room. Later, we noticed black stains on the ceiling- MOLD! We called front desk and they gave us another room. We changed rooms- thinking it was a little better. The new room also had mold in fewer spots- it was late so we decided to stay the night and check into another hotel the next day. During the night, I smelled something nasty, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from so we opened the sliding glass door. In the morning I realized the smell was from my mattress! It was so disgusting!!!! It smelled like "old, wet laundry" and "sweaty, gym socks!" We told the girl working at the front desk about the moldy ceiling and the stinky mattress and she said it was probably because we slept with the sliding glass door open. Umm...right. I don't think one night of sleeping with the door open would cause moldy ceilings or stinky mattresses. This was just an awful place to stay. NOT WORTH THE $220 a night. We weren't expecting anything extraordinary, but something decent. Crystal Beach needs help!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and i just returned from Ocen City after a great weekend. We stayed at the Crystal Beach on 25th St. It was a very nice place and located at the end of the boardwalk .We were very happy with our stay. The girls were great at the desk. We even got an early checkin and when we checked out they allowed us to leave our car in the parking lot for a few hours. We will definitly return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4mykidsalways
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stayed with a 2 young children. We had a great time. We loved location, rooms were clean and staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family