“Web Page and Brochures are VERY misleading!”
Review of Seabonay Motel

Seabonay Motel
Ranked #63 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 16, 2010

After looking at the website of the Harrison Hotel Group My family really thought we had found a very nice hotel at a reasonable price (for O.C.). But as the old saying goes "If it seems too good to be true... It probably is". Judging by the photos I thought we were staying at the hotel that is actually besides the SEABONAY called the DUNES. The Hotel is very old and very rundown. The common walkways (because they are plywood) are so loud when people walk by that there is no sleeping until after the 2am crowd comes in from the bar. As a few of the other reviews have said you really do worry about bedbugs and such because the place is not very clean. The bathrooms were also very moldy and there was absolutely NO water pressure.. The decor of the room seems to be 1970's since I believe that was the last time anything had been changed ... everything was faded and just smelled like mildew. The lights in the common walkway areas were so bright that your roomed stayed well lit at night even though the curtains were pulled. The pool area was fine and pretty well maintained but I really wished it stayed open past 8 pm. I know for a fact that My Family will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bartman8

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed at Seabonay Motel July 16th- 18 with family and we had a great weekend in Ocean City.

The hotel is basic nothin fancy but the room was clean and no issues like what was listed in other reviews. We had a poolview room and the location was great. We were steps from the beach and even though we was what most considered the end of the boardwalk it was no problem to catch a tram to go down the beginning of the boardwalk.

The pool was good. The hours was from 10am-8pm. (Wish it would have stayed open a little later).

Overall, I had a good experience with the Seabonay and will be back in Ocean City next year.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank platinumlady2001
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was looking for a quaint ocean front room for our few days at Ocean City. I booked months in advance, with a one night room fee deposit. The reviews at that time were decent and the pictures of the place make it look very special. I had to make this a working vacation and called ahead to confirm internet access and was told yes they were wireless. Arrived to find the place a bit more run down then expecting, but okay. Found our way to our room that was extremely small, with no place to move, outdated, dirty, bathroom with mold and no internet access. Went down to ask about the internet and voice my expectations of the accomadations and was told that I could not get a refund for canceling my stay. I said I was not canceling my stay, the room was misrepresented. The desk clerk was very polite and helpful and that is truly the only thing going for this place. She called another hotel in their 'group' and got us a room there for our stay. After talking to the locals, even they know to stay away from the Seabonay. If they spent as much money on their facitility as they did on their fancy "makes you want to stay there" brochure...then they could justifiable expect people to pay the rates they are asking.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tric66
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have never wrote a review before and with this place I just had to. It was HORRIBLE! This is the first time I have ever seen cockroachs in my life. I didn't even want to shower. I always think that people who write reviews are way to picky but...... this place C'mon...just disgusting. Please don't stay here...GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank JodieKentIslandMD
Reviewed June 26, 2010

First, let me start by saying that when I booked this place I was told by the booking agents of the Harrison Property Group that we could enjoy the ammenities of the Flagship Motel (sister to the Seabonay). Upon check in, I was told that's only the case if the Flagship is not at full occupancy, which it was. Therefore, my three year old did not have a kiddie pool to play in, nor did we have access to the gym. The off season agents of the Harrison Group were either not informed correctly or they misrepresented grossly. The day we were leaving, they were switching out old TVs for flat screen ones. What The Harrison Property Group should have been investing in are door knobs that work, ceiling tile that isn't ready to cave in, floor repair to the badly warped floor, door hinges that aren't rusty, windows that don't leak, some calking and paint, oh, and something to repair the hole that was in the corner of our room. They did give us a fly swatter to kill the abundance of flies that were drawn to our room. I also must say that the motel staff were very nice people to deal with. Would never go back though, nice can never outweigh the absolutley unacceptable conditions.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Tina846put
Reviewed June 7, 2010

After I read the reviews I was dreading our check in. But to my suprise, it wasn't that bad, it's a small, homey little motel, not a fancy "Hotel". At first glance it does look rough, the door didn't look the best, but locked just fine. My husband and 2 teenage boys just spent a week at the seabonay, we had plenty of space in our room, which i was worried about. the motel could use some fixing up, but seen the maintenance man working on something every day, and cleaning the pool.. which is an awesome pool for oc. only complaint there is that the pool doesn't open till 10am and closes at 8 which is a shame because the area is beautiful at night. after a quiet week you could tell when the weekend came, it did get loud, the last 2 nights, we were brought out of a sound sleep by very loud, "night people" so I'd deffinatly check out before friday next time. we were on the 1st floor by the pool and you can hear when people go by... Lisa the room maid, a very lovely pleasant lady, she cleaned our room everyday at the same time, For the price I paid, to me it was worth it. Oh and the location to the beach, PERFECT. I wish people would take there trash with them though, if ya brought it to the sand, take it back and stick it in the can.. which i was pleased to see that the hotel had plenty of, trash cans EVERYWHERE. So yes I'd stay here again, but it won't be in June.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family