“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #69 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
West Chester, PA
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Like the last person, from the reviews I expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't find it to be nearly as bad as some of these people are saying.

It was definitely adequate for 6 22-25 year olds. All you need at the beach is a bed and a shower really. It's awesome when there's a fridge and a tv though. I'd stay there again.

Our room was fairly big. The beds were comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was lacking and the toilet wouldn't stop running unless ya jiggled the handle. All minor details. Also, the staff wasn't overly friendly. Only get one parking pass no matter what you try but there's always street parking. You just gotta drive around for awhile.

If you need a fairly cheap place to stay around 28th and right off the beach, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank vld8783

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
eastern Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2006

After reading some of the reviews I was prepared for the worst. This motel is older butfor the amount of time my family was in the room it was just fine. It is not a fancy hotel with a lobby and other frills and if that is what you are looking for, stay elsewhere. I was pleased and will stay there again and the location was great.

• Liked — location and price
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank dmcleod
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Let's just say that this place is in deperate need of a remodel. The rooms were not the cleanest. The bathrooms could really use a scrubbing. The rooms smelled of mold and there was a lot of water damage to the exterior walls of the rooms. The best part of this motel was the veiw of the ocean. Needless to say this will not be our choice in the furture if we decide to visit Ocean City again.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Marjorie C

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2006

My family stayed at the Seabonay last year and overall it was okay in my opinion. It was very convieniently located so that we didn't have any streets to cross to reach the beach and the boardwalk was only a few steps away from us. We reserved one of the oceanfront rooms for a reasonable price of $154 a night. It had two double beds, a small refrigerator, and a small microwave. The maids did a nice job in supplying us with fresh linens and other necessities on a daily basis and were very friendly. There was an outdoor pool that looked very clean also. My only complaints are that the room we stayed in was very humid and would probably not be a good place to stay if you have allergies. The bathroom was also a bit dirty and needed a good scrubbing on the tiling due to some mold growth. The owners should probably update the rooms to keep up with the bigger hotels located next to them and to keep they guests with allergies healthy.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2006

My boyfriend and i came to seabonay in Aug. 05 When we first got to the motel.. i thought it was what the website showed exactly. The only things i thought we not the best were, the maid service did not do a full cleaning in the rooms everyday. Our mirror had finget prints on it up until the day we left. Also you are supposed to get continental breakfast.. but alls i saw in the lobby was coffee and an apple. Thats it. I would like to see the motel update their breakfast a little more. But other than that.. i loved the motel. When i stayed there it was $69 dollars a night. What do you expect for that cheap. The pool was awesome. Well mantained and kept clean. I wish the hours were longer tho. But the motel is just walking distances to about everything. I really enjoyed staying at Seabonay and i would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2005

The price was right, and I was very happy with the service and staff. Pool was nice. The place is small enough that you get acquainted with your "fellow beachgoers" over the 3-night-minumum in peak season. It's RIGHT across from Jolly Roger Waterpark; the location was awesome for us! Beach in the AM, Jolly Roger for 4-7 cheap special! This place is right at the exact end of the boardwalk. It is wise to get the "Punch pass" for the tram, which picks up RIGHT there at Seabonet...otherwise it's a loooooong walk to the Purple Moose saloon! Tram quits running at 11pm. I was scared because I read a negative review about Seabonet AFTER it was too late to cancel reservations, but was pleasantly surprised. My 3 boys: 10, 13, 14 all loved it, and so did I! I will DEFINATELY stay here any chance I get, before this and all the cute little $130/night places are torn down and replaced with the huge $400/night places! It was a good move for us to stay here reasonably, so we could afford to parasail, go charter fishing, mini golf, shop, and eat well! I do wish that the pool would have stayed open until 10 pm, though! 8pm was too early. I hope this helps you!

15 Thank JenniLaRue
northeast, pa
Reviewed August 2, 2005

this hotel was nothing fancy and the rooms are small but they were clean and the pool was great. the only down side to this hotel is that you have quite a bit of walking ahead of you to get to the boardwalk. i would not recommend this place to anyone who cannot do a great deal of walking. this is an older hotel but if you would rather not spend the majority of you money on a room, then this might be the choice.

8 Thank LARA M