“Room with a view? They've got it here!”
Review of Seabonay Motel

Seabonay Motel
Ranked #63 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have stayed at the Seabonay twice so far and have been satisfied with our stay both times. The front desk staff are very friendly and pretty knowledgeable about the area and good places to eat. When we go on vacation, we aren't looking for an overly fancy place to stay, just a clean place to chill at the end of the nite works for us. The motel is just steps from the boardwalk and you can't beat the price for an ocean view room! The cleaning staff is very friendly and kept us stocked with fresh towels and whatever else we needed throughout the stay. The pool wasn't open when we were there last week (May 2013) (it was too cold to swim anyway) because the bottom was getting repoured and the whole thing was being repainted. So, it should be good to go for all of the vacationers in the summer.
The Seabony is within walking distance to a lot of places, especially if you don't have a problem with walking. We like to make the hike from one end of the boardwalk to the other and back again. But even if you don't like to walk much, you can easily walk to the Fractured Prune donut shop, Happy Jacks Pancake House, The Candy Kitchen, a laundromat, etc. With us being from near Pittsburgh, we were happy to see that Buxsy's Salty Dog Saloon is also within walking distance and they are probably the cheapest place around for drinks!
All in all, we had a great stay each time we have been at the Seabonay. I am sure we will make it a yearly thing.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has ocean views. 3rd floor has ocean views and are smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Becky S

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My birthday is the same weekend as Springfest and of course most hotels were sold out. We booked Seabonay through travelocity. Once we entered the room we didn't have a key card we had actual keys which I think is outdated. Once in room the room smelled of mold and mildew! All of the furniture was old and outdated. The bathrooms were newly remodeled however everything else was terrible. I could NOT stay in that room! I was willing to sleep in my car however I was reimbursed my money and was able to find another hotel! Never again!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank SEABONOOOO
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for a few years now. We never need anything fancy; just a clean place to shower and sleep since we're always on the go while in OC. The office staff are friendly and helpful. My husband and I always visit by ourselves on the last open weekend of October because of the customer appreciation rates....$10/pp/night and it applies to as many nights as you stayed during the on-peak times.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank muhmuh1005
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me begin by saying I am a true beach lover and have spent many nights during the 46 years of my life staying at hotels in beach resort towns all over the east coast and gulf coast of Florida. I have stayed in 5 star resorts and tiny flea bags. That being said I would like to offer my review of The Seabonay Motel.
My husband and I arrived at noon after a 4 hour drive from PA. Our room was ready and we were able to check in early which is always a nice surprise. I was leery due to some of the reviews I have seen lately. We entered our room to find it was immaculate. Beds nicely made with abundant pillows, clean updated furnishing and a new sparkling clean bathroom with pedestal sink and fiberglass tub enclosure. The view of the ocean from our Northside room was fabulous. The only problem we encountered was the door knob to our room was a bit wiggly and the second key they gave us did not unlock the door. We were not concerned with this as we really didn’t need 2 keys at that time. The next day we got up and went to breakfast. We were only gone for about 1.5 hours and when we came back our room had already been cleaned and supplied with fresh towels, etc. I have stayed at many hotels that HOURS after coming back to the room the maid had still not visited, so again this was a nice surprise. My husband went in the room for a moment and I was standing on the communal balcony admiring the ocean when our maid came up to me and asked me what room I was in and if there was anything else she could get me. Again, great job. The pool was very clean and pleasant. The ice machine worked fine and was free. The location of this hotel is great- Oceanfront on the beach yet just 1 block to the boardwalk and boardwalk tram station, and also within a short walk to the Embers, Buxy’s Salty Dog, The Fractured Prune, etc. We had no issues with parking, although the hotel does have an overflow parking lot for busy times. On our last day there my husband and I decided that I would go the beach while he walked the boardwalk. I went to the office to let them know that my key did not work. The clerk replaced the key, but the replacement did not work either. Within literally 3 minutes, the manager was at my door investigating. I told him not to worry about it- but he insisted on getting us another key. Within another 3 minutes the clerk as at my door with a working key AND tools to tighten the door knob (which I didn’t mention- they just felt it when they tried the non-working keys). I was very impressed that the one time we asked for anything they JUMPED and our issue was resolved inside of 10 minutes total. Perhaps all the rooms are not updated or things vary at times causing the bad reviews and pics I saw on this site, but for the money, this is a comfortable, clean low key place that provides fabulous views of the ocean, super beach and boardwalk access and an attentive staff. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay and would stay again. I truly don’t understand what some of these reviewers are complaining about. Thank you Seabonay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VIcki N
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our experience with this hotel was horrible. Most of the staff was arrogant. The price was no cheaper than most of the other hotels for the end of August. The room was dirty and the bathroom was covered with mildew. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel did refund our money and it is in a nice location.

Room Tip: The room was dirty and the bathroom was covered with mildew.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

By far, the worst accommodations, even at this price, I've ever had. Much of bathroom was broken, moldy, and/or dirty. I could scrape soap residue off shower wall with fingernail. Wallpaper was patched numerous times. Clothes rack fell off its makeshift holders and cracked wife on the head. Thankful that kids are unharmed. I would not pay $39/night for this room again, let alone the $149/night labor day weekend price extorted.

Room Tip: beach side would probably have a better view, at least.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for three nights. Great Location...very close to the boardwalk and restaurants. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a small refrigerator in the room. The oceanfront view was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.