“Not recommended!”
Review of Seabonay Motel

Seabonay Motel
Ranked #63 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Me and my wife booked this motel because of the proximity of the beach and affordable price of $180 a night. The first disappointment was the "Friendly Staff" - upon entering the office we were greeted with a lazy "Sup yall?" A few 20 minutes later our previously booked reservation was completed - the guy just wasnt in a working mood @ 4 pm.
Next, room was smelly, quite run down and overall unattractive. The door lock was practicably missing and had to use a chair in order to keep the door closed during the night. I wont even go into details about the clogged toilet and barely draining bath tub.
I guess you pay for what you get but i would of been way better in a tent on the beach.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AAAA743

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I read some other reviews about Seabonay before I went on my trip with a few friends last week. We booked the room because it was reasonably priced for an oceanfront property in Ocean City; however, we were a little bit nervous on what to expect when we got there. It is a great location and the rooms are clean. The bathrooms and decor are outdated, but for the low cost per a night, who really cares? Any hotel that you stay at in Ocean City is going to have a damp smell because you are close to the beach. We had a great time and the beds are actually updated and super comfortable. I am actually staying there again in a few weeks. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tiffany K
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay here at the Seabonay Motel. The staff was very helpful for everything that we needed. The room was great and so was the atmosphere in the entire hotel. The pool was wonerful and we were in perfect walking distance to everything that we wanted to do. I definitely recommend this Hotel to everyone!!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room that over looked the pool. It was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Casey F
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Being at the Seabonay was awesome! My friend and I were there for senior week and we had a blast! It's in a nice location at the end of the board walk and gives you a bit more privacy then having a hotel right on the board walk. The staff that was there attended to everything that we needed and they were very polite. My friend and I have agreed every time we go to Ocean City that we will be staying at the Seabonay. The golden rule applies there, you treat them with the upmost respect and they will surely give it back. They work very hard there and that should be appreciated. So please be nice and treat the place as if it were your own.

Room Tip: The rooms on the balcony have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Acacia M
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We chose to stay at the Seabonay because we were very pleased with the stay last summer. We arrived before the check in time, but were able to get our room early. The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. The motel is in a great location for the beach, restaurants, and the boardwalk. The room was clean and thankfully the AC worked extremely well because we had 90 degree weather. We'll keep coming back year after year because you can't beat the price, location, and service at the Seabonay!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Lawry29
Reviewed June 28, 2012

me and my family stayed for 4 knights,maid did not clean room at all .we had to take garbage out,go get towels and toilet paper ourselves and make the beds , they take the money at the door then forget about us .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mike d
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was our 3rd year staying here during Firemen's week. We also make a 2nd trip in October every year to take advantage of Customer Appreciation. When you stay between Memorial Day and Labor Day you can come back between the end of September (after SunFest) and The 2nd weekend of October for $10 per person per night based on the # of nights you stayed in the peak period.

• Stayed: June 2012