“HATED the LIL' plim plaza hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #81 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
waldorf,md
“HATED the LIL' plim plaza hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the this hotel for about 2 hours. The room was very small,the carpet in the room was wet and the so called jacuzzi tub didn't work at all. My husband called to the front desk and we pack up and left. This little hotel is not for someone that wants to enjoy hotel stay too. Plim Plaza hotel does not give REFUNDS!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nicikola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

The Plim...My home away from home. My family and I have been going there since 1986...The hotel is in a great location to the Beach, Boardwalk, Inlet, and Bay...They can only do so much in a years time...they are always redoing the place...once you finish it's time to start all over again. The lobby is huge...TV's To watch...The pool and the Pool Bar are tops...It really shouldn't matter where you stay...you are at the beach for the beach...not to live in your room.
The staff is awesome. Very friendly, helpful, will do their best to make you feel at home...

• Liked — Beach View and Non Smoking rooms
  • Disliked — nadda
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lisamarie322
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2007

Our hotel stay was paid for by someone else, so we probably looked at it from a different perspective. We didn't pay for it, so we didn't mind as much. Had I paid, I'd have been dissapointed. The first problem with this hotel is the parking. They say it has four parking lots on the web site, but they don't tell you the other three are a couple blocks away and you have to cross the busy highway. The parking that is right at the building is very limited and on a first come first serve basis. You can pull up and drop off your luggage, but you have to wait in line and it's very cramped. It's very inconvenient that your car is two or more blocks away from the hotel. With the rooms being smaller than normal, there is no room for beach chairs or surf boards in your room. Who wants to walk two blocks each way before and after they go to the beach with beach gear. Ocean City streets are not a thrill to cross any way. The hallways in this hotel are in need of new wallpaper and are very musty with carpet stains. If you didn't go any farther than the hall, you would swear this hotel was a dump. Thankfully the rooms are better than the halls. The hotel room is small. It's the smallest i've ever been in. It would be ok for a couple, but we had our two children with us and it was to close of quarters for four days. Granted, you may spend a lot of time out on the beach or shopping, but if it rains your in for a long haul if you have to be cramped up in one of these rooms. The room was clean, but not clean enough that you would feel comfortable without shoes on your feet. This was hard for us because we had a three year old who kept trying to sit on the floor. The wallpaper was torn in some spots and very dingy. The bathroom looked very clean. I have seen other reviews that said the maid service was poor, but it was very good for us. The building is made of wood and I wasn't real comfortable knowing that if it caught fire it would go up quickly. The rooms have no balconies so if the hall is blocked by fire on an upper floor you'd be toast. The pool and bar area is nice but no one is there to keep pool goers under control. The water was also freezing cold. I'm not being picky either. You know when its to cold enough that the kids don't want to stay in......it's pretty cold. We did not try the hot tubs because they were always crowded. The lobby is very nice and we all enjoyed the birds. They even have a talking parrot that was a blast to listen to. The porch area is nice with rocking chairs for watching the boardwalk. All in all, I would only stay at this hotel if it were paid for by someone else, a party of no more than two per room, and it was no longer than a four day weekend.

• Liked — the lobby
  • Disliked — the rooms
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank MarylandBeachgirl

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Lebanon PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

Not bad! Yes this hotel is old! The rooms are very small. The price is great and it is clean! When going to the beach do you need anything else?? Nice place ok service. I will be going back next year!

• Liked — Cheap prices
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayZomb
Arnold, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

Two girlfriends and I traveled to Ocean City for a 3 day, 2 night stay just to get away. We loved the Plim Plaza. The location was perfect, right on the boardwalk, and the pool was great.
I've read people saying that the rooms were "so small" but I really didn't think they were bad. We had a room with two double beds, and there was enough room for the three of us to move around comfortably just fine.
I also read that people thought the hotel was unclean, which I also didn't find to be true.
We loved our stay and enjoyed the hotel. We weren't displeased with anything, except maybe the coffee, which was pretty bad. Haha. Guess that's why it's complimentary.

• Liked — Privacy. The staff left us alone, except for taking care of our towels and cleaning our room, which is what we wanted.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank bahagabaga
Manassas, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

There seems to be no middle of the road when it comes to reviews from travelers who have stayed at the Plim. You either love it for what it is or you hate it because you invisioned something totally different than what you experienced. I have stayed at the Plim for many years dating back to the mid 80's. I dont stay at the Plim for it's poshness. I stay there because it represents an excellent value for what you need at the beach. I emphasize need, not want. The Oceanfront location is superb if you want to be right at ground 0 as it relates to the amount of stuff you can do at the beach. Front deck is welcoming and relaxing. The pool is huge for being in the city. Poolside tikibar/grill service, Need I say any more?. Live entertainment daily. Rooms are a little smallish and the Hotel has a little age on it. It is one of the oldest on the beach besides the Atlantic Hotel which is ancient. Periodic remodelings keep it fresh though. I like to think that staying at the Plim is like deluxe camping. You have good ac, tv, shower, bathroom and room services. Complimentary daily newspaper, fruit, coffee and tea. If you came to the beach to impress your friends with your hotel room, you may want to pick another hotel. If you would rather spend the money you saved by staying at the Plim on having a good time with your friends and dont need to be coddled in Marriott style luxuries,then The Plim will please.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Carpet in the room hallways should be wood. They pick up stains and make the hotel look less desirable than it is.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Riverview6067
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2007

The plim plaza was great, the rooms are not as small as everyone makes them out to be, and keep in mind the great price you pay. Certainly you're not expecting the ritz. All in all a great value. Putting up with a small room was the least of my worries. My kids and I had a great time at the pool and we're moments away from the beach. "The Plim" also provdied a very secure atmosphere, requiring "key cards" to get on every floor and work the elevators. I must say that the Plim is well worth the money and a great spot to bring the little ones.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family