Plim Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Sea Breeze Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Hotel Monte Carlo(Ocean City)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Park Place Hotel(Ocean City)
Great 4.5/5
Rideau Motor Inn(Ocean City)
Very Good 4/5
The Breakers Hotel(Ocean City)
Great 4.5/5
Inn Town Motel(Ocean City)
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Shoreham Hotel(Ocean City)
Average 3/5
All reviewscaribbean poolpaul reveremug and malletpool and pool barrocking chairslive entertainmentcan't beat the locationpeople watchgreat poolan older hotelbike weekthe past yearsdakotaporchsmorgasbordsummerremodeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2008

The plim plaza has to be thee worst hotel i've ever stayed at! What you see on the internet is not what you're getting. First off when you go through the hallways there a nasty, funky,damp, moldy smell. When you walk into the room, it's extremely tiny. Almost makes you feel claustrophobic! The bathroom was a dump.It was not even cleaned. The toilet bowl had splattered feces on it. (literally) The tub was dirty and full of stains. The bathroom made you think twice if the room was even cleaned at all. So please beware of this hotel. It needs to be shut down by the health department, thats how dirty it is.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank ny1504
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I read some of the reviews before my family and I left for OC and was really worried we were going to stay at a complete dive. I wasn't expecting a 5 star resort; the room was really cheap, on the boardwalk, and on 2nd street. The hotel is old and the hallways could use some tlc. Our room was completely renovated and clean, yes it was small but we aren't going to live there. The room was also very quiet and the staff was very courteous. I never went to the bar or the pool so I don't know what they were like. Hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HJBDelaware
Reviewed June 29, 2008

The lobby and the pool area are nice but that's it. The rooms are disgusting. There are stains on the walls, the air conditioner was falling apart and loud. The bath room...wow the bathroom.. the bathroom is moldy, the bath tub is stained and when you're standing in the shower you feel like you're on a boogie board. I'm not sure if there is water traped under the shower but you are woobleing back and forth the entire time you're taking a shower, not to mention the temperature was constanly changing. Needless to say I took a shower with the flip flops on. The toilet was stained as well and I'm pretty sure they don't clean or change the shower curtain. For as much as we paid we should have had a much better room., but I don't think they have any. The beds weren't much better, I can't believe I even slept in it. I should have slept in the car, I would have felt cleaner.

I highly recommand you DON'T stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank sissy220
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I read many of the reviews on this site for the Plim and went ahead and spent the week there. It was a great week! I parked my car at check-in and didn't move it until we checked out, Everything I could have wanted was within walking distance. The pool was clean and yes the cool water was a shock, but it was great. The hotel staff was great, very friendly and courteous, I just wish someone would learn how to make coffee for the lobby. As the reviews state, it was the worst in the entire City. Thankfully a Dunkin' Donuts (open 24 hrs) is a short walk north on the Boardwalk. The Carribean Bar by the pool has food and drinks, and the lovely wait staff is happy to bring them right to your lounge chair.
The room was clean. It was small, but who wants to stay in their room when you come to Ocean City? It is an old building and is being constantly upgraded.
If you want to stay in a snortzie joint and be pampered and have to tip everyone you see, you are not gonna be happy at the Plim. If you want a decent place to stay at a reasonable price, be right on the boardwalk, enjoy a great pool and the ocean, enjoy a drink served by some of the best looking waitresses in OC, stay at the Plim, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank SinkyDave
Reviewed June 15, 2008

This hotel is nothing but a dump. The rooms are in horrible condition, small and dirty. I was very disgusted because they let the locals in who are very trashy sort of people, cursing loudly shouting at the band like a texas roadhouse. I was waiting for bottle throwing toward the band. The bartender let the locals do what ever they want. There is a Macaw parrot where the locals where handling it roughly under the influence, the Plim Plaza workers has no control over the locals because they continue to get out of control while people were they with there small children. They really shoud stop letting the local in. People are paying good money to bring their families there and relax not to hear cursing and yelling. Do they realize there in Maryland not Texas. Do not recommend this place for you family. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple