“Another great stay at the plim plaza!!!”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #72 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Another great stay at the plim plaza!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our second year staying at this hotel and absolutely love it. They replaced all the carpeting on all floors in the hallways and lobby and it constantly smelled like cleaning products- which is good
- better than the musty smell from last year. The desk is attentive and helpful, housekeeping very friendly. We really enjoy it here and plan on returning next summer. The new policy of non- guests not being allowed to use the lounge chairs really helped in getting chairs at the pool. Last year we had to get down to the pool when it opened to claim spots. It absolutely is THE place to stay on the Boardwalk!

2 Thank Lppcmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed July 14, 2013

You can smell the mold as soon as you enter the building and SEE it growing on the walls and curtains. Rooms are tiny. Don't expect a dresser or closet or even a chair. We can barely fit two adults and a child in the room. We all woke up with allergic reactions from the mold. Never ever again.

2 Thank KittyBeaumont

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I know people do not stay in the room much while vacationing and I didn’t expect it to be a 5 star hotel. BUT when i walked in the room w 3 of my friends we all wanted to cry!!! The size of the room is unreal - for 4 people. There is no dresser or even a table. Not an inch of space for luggage. Had to physically move the TV Stand to make room for 2 luggage’s. Had to move the beds to make room for other 2. The room also had a bad odor. The carpets are so old they are getting mold all over them. I woke up with the worst allergies due to this. Like i said I didn’t expect much but i got a lot worse than i expected.

The location is amazing as is the pool! i now know why it was so cheap due to outdated everything! I would not recommend staying here, at all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We came with our 1 year old and had a nightmare experience. There have got to be better hotels in this location for a little more money that I would gladly pay. The room was musty, stinky and dirty. It was tiny, had a broken sink faucet and water that changed from cold to scalding hot with no warning. The drain was slow in the sink and there was a hole in the window screen. It was a mile down the hall to get to this trashy room. The pool would have been nice if there wasn't so much over crowding with a bunch of smokers. There is no kiddie pool and very little space to move around. The rockers out front don't rock. The only good thing is location and live music if you dont have a child. l

1 Thank Rbaldrey
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel just isn't what we were expecting. We stayed a little over a week and any time we asked for something the people at the desk gave us a hard time, When staying over a week you might run out of toilet paper or towels right? haha. The room was small and kind of outdated but this usually doesn't bother me and I'm not complaining about an outdated room here. I am complaining however about the air conditioner that was blowing out HOT air! It was miserable in there. We had to leave our door open just to get some cool air from the hallway. The pool was nice, probably the best part about staying at this hotel but more than once the bar tender that walks around the pool taking drink orders walked right past us asking the people on BOTH sides of us if they needed anything. I was very very annoyed, I had a wrist band on so there was no reason for them to skip over us. Besides the poor service in both the hotel and pool areas the location was great and the pool and room were clean. Oh and if you plan to stay here don't pay more for the ocean front rooms , theres really no point without a porch and the windows (in our room at least) didn't have screens so you probably won't have them opened anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

If you want to hang out on the Ocean City Boardwalk, this hotel is in a prime location. And with its huge ocean-side patio, you can sit and people watch for hours. There is a big pool, multiple hot tubs, and plenty of Boardwalk food is right out the front door. Once I got I got into the room, it was a different story. This was by far the smallest hotel room I've had in the States in years. The quality of the furnishings were rundown to say the least. If the bathroom had a phone in it, it could be confused as being a phone booth. I'm sure it's a hard choice for any hotel to close rooms for renovations, but it's time. If you're on a party mission and plan on spending minimal time in the room, it works. If you like to spend time lounging in your room, this isn't for you.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MLNC
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hi, I've been staying at this particular hotel with my huge family of 20+ people for almost 30 years. We use this hotel because it is part of a convention we attend annually. Even tho its disgusting and the housekeeping is terrible it has become almost a home away from home for me and my family because 4 generations of us have gone every year for so long. I stayed this past weekend and checked out on Monday and left a $20 tip for the maid who really didn't deserve it, Monday evening once home I realized I'd left something valuable in the top of the closet. I tried to call and report it to the staff to see if it'd been turned in.. I was hung up on 3 times and was told the only way I could do anything was to come back to Ocean City to file a police report. When I asked them whether they cared that a staff didn't turn it in they laughed and said "no"! I asked what there policy was on this issue and was told again they werent "liable" and that I needed to call the police. I simply thought if that were my business I'd wanna know if there was a maid stealing things from guests by not turning them in. I asked a clerk to leave a note for a manager to call me and she said call back tomorrow and hung up in my face again. I finally spoke to a housekeeping manager who said he'll investigate the matter but ultimately it's my word against theirs. I have been a loyal customer to this dump for way too long to be treated like a liar. There are certain staff who are very pleasant in person but the majority act like total morons. The hot tubs are gross and so are the rooms, the carpets are dingy.. At the very least they need extra courteous customer service to make up for what they're lacking in all other areas but unfortunately they're all a bunch of cocky and rude people with an "I don't give a crap attitude" I can deal w all of that but now I have to worry about my valuable items being stolen from my room? I mean yes it was after check out but does that make it okay for a staff to not turn in a guests property? And if they're capable of taking items that don't belong to them than they are morally corrupt and cannot be trusted at all! I can't believe how I was treated about it tho, no apology, no one was even nice about it. They admitted themselves they don't care about having a dishonest staff member. So I am gonna have to seriously re evaluate whether me and my family will ever go back again. I've put up w a lot of stuff but being stolen from takes the cake. I can't stand dishonesty or thievery. Plus I go on vacation a lot I've stayed at all hotels from the Hilton to an econo lodge and we've all accidentally left stuff behind.. I've had hotels offer to mail me back a pillow I left behind or my cell phone charger.. I've even left money behind and had it turned in. Those are the kind of honest people that a business oughta want working for them. I am very disappointed! : (

• Stayed June 2013