“Small but nice & clean”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just came back from the Plim Plaza (stayed week of August 13,2012). Let me just start by saying I am picky but not too picky. I have stayed in beautiful resorts (Hyatt's, Hilton's, Marriotts & more) and I have stayed in dive motels. I would say this is an average/decent hotel. Cleanliness is #1 to me. Our room was VERY clean & the bathroom was spotless and completely remodeled which was really nice!!

The rooms are small but we had "communication rooms" that were joined together by a decent size hallway, closet and bathroom. This made for more room for our toddler to run around in!! The lobby & entrance is very clean & nicely remodeled.

The front porch was nice to sit at in the evenings & it wasn't "packed with smokers" like other reviews have stated (I'm a non-smoker myself).

The AC's worked great & our rooms stayed very cool. The hallways are worn-down BUT it seems that PP is slowly remodeling everything & with a large hotel that takes time. I peeked in other rooms on the 3rd floor while walking by & they were remodeled as well with new baths & also looked very clean.

The Pool & Hot Tubs were sparkling!! Just wish they stayed open later (for the adults) because the Pool Bar did. Staff was all very helpful & friendly. Hallway was loud but we brought a "sound machine" with us to drowned at the noise. We do this on every vacation though because 9 out of 10 hotels are too noisey for me!!

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room with a new bathroom!! Try to get a "communicating room" which is...
3  Thank Jennifer H

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am not going to sugar coat this. This place is a total dive and its one good quality of being on the beach is so over rated. If you have the nerve to charge top rates for a hotel then you should run it like one. the check in staff was very unprofessional. they made it a point to let you know from the second you check in that there are no refunds ( as per the big sign at the check in ) and too bad if you are unhappy about having to park your car over 2 blocks away. yes they had very little parking like 20 spots and everyone else had to park 2 blocks or better away in a unsecure lot with no one watching out for you. the halls were so small ( very narrow ) and smelled bad all the time. the rooms had very uneven floors and I mean uneven. the wall paper or lack there of was coming off the walls in just about every direction you turned your head. the bath rooms were so tiny if you measure from your elbow to your finger tips and add about six inches that would give you the amount of space you had to use the toilet. ( that is no lie ) . please do not be mislead by the pictures or the other reviews posted on here that paint a beautiful picture of a great place that you have to come stay at. I have never been to ocean city before. and if I ever go back one thing is certain I will never stay there I dont care if they knock it down and rebuild it (which it desprately needs ). this hotel has a lot of nerve stealing money from honest hard working families. this hotel is a total rip off please do your home work and dont get taken advantage of like so many before you. my review is honest and to the point and like I said I am not going to sugar coat it. its your money and you work hard for it. please dont let these thieves take it from you.

Room Tip: any of the major hotel chains are very good choices
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scott s
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel was in a great location. It was right on the boardwalk and beach. However the photos online were very misleading. The actual hotel was ok, and the pool area was nice. The employees at the front desk did not want to be bothered by having to check you in or answer any questions. The rooms were horrible. They were extremely small and very outdated. The carpet was worn and the wall paper lifting. The bathrooms were very small and the entire room smelled. I have never been in such a gross room. There is a large sign at the front desk that says "no refunds" so they are aware of the conditions but they just don't care. All of the hallways are slanted and the carpet is very worn and lifting. This hotel needs to be closed and renovated as soon as possible. I was very dissapointed in the experience and I was so looking forward to this trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yellowbug4me
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Yes the hotel is old. Yes the rooms could use some updating. The service is friendly. The view and location is the best on the boardwalk. The pool and hot tub is clean. Yes there is sand. You're at the beach- there's gonna b sand every where- including the bath tub. But the water pressure in shower is the best I've ever had in any hotel EVER - perfect after a day in the ocean. The pool during the day is total party time- great music- great variety. We had such a great time there- planning on returning next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Lppcmom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Yes, the rooms are that small. The whole place had a musty smell. Could smell pot in the hallway. The place is old, but updated. Bed was ok, but this isn't the high rent district. I didn't feel real safe, but had no issues at all. There is a heavy police presence in OC and they react very fast to any problems, very reassuring, but still I left iPad, DSLR's and valuables in the truck. On the plus side, the free coffee was excellent, the best I had in OC! The place is right on the Boardwalk at 2nd Street. Comfortable front porch with lots of rocking chairs and tables. Huge pool and great bar, live bands too. Fresh fruit and daily newspaper was available at the front desk. Staff was friendly. The room was clean, but like I said, the place had a musty smell. We only slept there, spending most of the time on the Boardwalk, which was everything you would expect, lots to see and do. Parking was tight, but we always found a space either at the hotel or at the overflow lot a short walk from the hotel. Spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Oh, one last thing, The Paul Revere Buffet at Plim Plaza was freak'n awesome, best food on the beach! Cute Irish waitress too! :-)

Room Tip: Plim Plaza isn't the Ritz, but our time there was pleasant. The rooms are small, but the locatio...
4  Thank Don H
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The location is excellent. The food at the outside bar is good. The service is good. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. We would stay again but would hope to get a better rate. Staying right on the boardwalk at 2nd avenue was really cool. The location is awesome. Lots of good food and entertainment close by. Ask the bartenders at the pool bar for the hot places to go for nightly fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
4  Thank Todd E
Reviewed August 10, 2012

First.... positive review.... great location, very nice pool and bar/restaurant and their staff. But...negative.... rooms and hallways need updates.... now. We've been going to this hotel for the last 32 years and the rooms and carpets still look the same.... are you kidding?? And, this time my daughter's room's bathroom door had been trimmed (for whatever reason) and when you closed it, there was still a 1 inch crack from top to bottom where you could have a toilet view into the bathroom. The cleaning staff did do their best to keep the rooms clean and brought us fresh towels every time we asked. .... We love going back to this hotel..... but I hope the Plim Plaza owner reads this review and gets with some remodeling... btw, we have oceanfront with porch rooms.... cost more and should be updated now!! Oh yes and the tall maintenance person with the ponytail definitely needs to get a job where he doesn't have to deal with people.

1  Thank Connie G