“Couldn't pay me to stay there...”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #64 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed January 29, 2008

My friends & I booked 2 rooms at the Plim Plaza for a fun little weekend get away. I should have known that we were going to have troubles with it upon arrival....

For starters we got down there probably about 7pm and had to park the whole way across the street... like we had to cross 2 main roads to get back to the hotel. Once we got in there, they gave us the keys & told us where to go. We started heading back a hall way that (no joke) got narrower & narrower as we headed back. My friends room was before mine so they went in... HORRIBLE smell. So we thought we would try my room out. Open the door to find a triangle shaped room with NO window except for a tiny window in the bathroom. Our room smelt HORRIBLE. The bathroom was tiny & smelt like crabs. I gagged when we opened the bathroom door. I always bring a bottle of air freshener with me no matter where we are staying & the whole bottle didn't even touch the horrible smell of the rooms. No lie.

Our "mini fridges" were in the closets. What a place for them... that tells you how small the rooms were. When we were in our rooms we could hear the band playing in the bar. It was so loud. No one would have been able to get any sleep.

The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the fact that they gave us a full refund when we complained.

I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy staying at this place. Yeah the prices are decent but wouldn't you rather pay a little bit more & have walking room?

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank martink18
There are newer reviews for Plim Plaza Hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2007

could not beat the price,about half off any other hotel checked,the rooms may be a little smaller than average but i dont know about any body else but i went to spend time on the beach not in the room, and i must mention the location just steps outside the door to amusements, food and of course the beach ,all wraped up in a very reasonable price going again next year

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kajon1127
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stayed there during bike weekend. We were married on the beach right in front of the hotel, it was perfect. The other guests gave us a standing ovation after returning from the ceremony. Everyone was so friendly. The location was close to everything. Housekeeping was very friendly and did their jobs. The sand sculptures on the beach right in front of the lobby were very nice. Our rooms were clean and neat. The rooms weren't too big but they were fine. I'm sure you could find things to complain about, but if your looking for a nice reasonable place to stay this is it. We had read some of the reviews and were concerned. Needless though, we would stay there again. The price was great . The birds kept the kids entertained, for the short times we were in and out of the lobby. The only real complaint we could have is that there is not enough on site parking.
Mr & Mrs M

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsMPa
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the PLIM PLAZA in Sept 2007 - best we ever had - true the rooms are small but compared to the price - location - hugh pool - FREE Coffe & tea & fruit - love the real live parrot -hugh porch to sit at - 2 large lobby TV's - CLEAN ROOMS - MAID SERVICE every day - if you need anything - go to the front desk - taken care of right away - central located to everything - including the art sand work - FREE you will NEVER find all that for low price in Sept. - the rooms are big enough to do what u have to do - who stays in your room at the pool or beach - if you want a larger room - stay at the RITZ- Clarion or one of those high rise hotels and pay the out rangous price -- then you will have something to compalin about after they rip you off with the high prices - this PLIM PLAZA was the best - we will go back again in Sept.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank TerGood
Reviewed August 28, 2007

The Plim Plaza is not a luxury hotel. I agree with other posts - the rooms are small, the lobby is blah, the Smorgasbord was horrendous (but cheap!), and the parking lot was far away. There was a smell in the room and my son and I couldn't stop sneezing every time we entered teh room. However, I was taking two of my kids by myself to OC for a few days and wanted safety and to be close to the rides/amusements so we didn't have to get in the car and drive. The Plim gave us what we were looking for, I was thrilled that right outside the front door is a lifeguard station, since I don't swim and had been told that morning by a church member who had just returned about a scary incident with her child and a rip current. The hotel was about 9 blocks to the rides/amusements, which my kids (12, 10) were really interested in. I didn't want to be so far away that the walk would wear them out afterward. We were also able to walk to a mini-golf. We did drive some to restaurants, and other attractions, but for the most part it was a pain to walk the several blocks to the car, so walked as much as possible. The pool was large and had sort of a Caribbean atmosphere with the foliage and live band always playing (day and night) when we went swimming. So, depending on what you want, it may or may not be the place for you. The kids decided we would stay someplace nicer next time, but that means fewer trips to the arcades/rides. I think this hotel is really a "2" but I gave it an extra star based on meeting our needs. One more thing - the religious sculptures are right outside the front door, and the porch is massive. We sat and watched the people who stopped to view the sculptures, which was interesting in itself.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank hogsmeade
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the this hotel for about 2 hours. The room was very small,the carpet in the room was wet and the so called jacuzzi tub didn't work at all. My husband called to the front desk and we pack up and left. This little hotel is not for someone that wants to enjoy hotel stay too. Plim Plaza hotel does not give REFUNDS!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nicikola
Reviewed July 23, 2007

The Plim...My home away from home. My family and I have been going there since 1986...The hotel is in a great location to the Beach, Boardwalk, Inlet, and Bay...They can only do so much in a years time...they are always redoing the place...once you finish it's time to start all over again. The lobby is huge...TV's To watch...The pool and the Pool Bar are tops...It really shouldn't matter where you stay...you are at the beach for the beach...not to live in your room.
The staff is awesome. Very friendly, helpful, will do their best to make you feel at home...

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple