“CLEAN, COMFORTABLE AND AND LOTS OF OPTIONS”

Marigot Beach Suites
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We had (2) 2 bedroom condos for our extended family vacation. Even with 2 small children, 3 teenagers, and 7 adults, everyone had lots of room. The condos were nothing fancy, but they were clean and had a great view of the ocean and beach. The 2 bathrooms made it very nice with so many sharing a condo. With two indoor pools, an outdoor pool and the beach there was always some place to cool off. The only "problem" we ran into was the limited cooking utensils, pots and pans. We could have used at least a skillet or nonstick pan. But if that's the biggest downfall, it still rates well with me. I was concerned about some of the reviews I read before going, but we had a very enjoyable time and would definitely go back. We booked early, went early in the season and got a pretty good rate compared to other places we checked with less amenities. The prime rib and seafood buffet at Horizons was excellent also! Unfortunately with the small children, we didn't get to check out Lennys beach bar and grill as much as we would have liked to!

1  Thank 2010vacationer
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It sounds like it was a lot of fun with so many people able to vacation together! We're happy you enjoyed your time with us, and certainly look forward to be able to serve you again. In the future, if you see something missing from the condo, such as the skillet you mentioned, please let us know and we will do what we can to see that you get what you need. Thank you again, and come back to see us soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2010

My family and I spent the weekend at the Marigot. We were thrilled with our stay. The two bedroom condo was clean and very spacious. I have three children, my husband, and grandparents which there was plenty of room for. The view of the ocean was incredible. Grandma loved that she could sit on the balcony and watch the kids play on the beach. I loved that their was plenty of room for all of us to sleep and there was even a washer and dryer in the room. I also loved that there was assigned parking. Many times when you leave for the evening at these hotels and come back there is no parking. With assigned parking you always have a spot. I love that we could use the Clarion pool. The kids loved the outdoor pool. This is our new favorite place to stay.

1  Thank pnylynn71

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Marigot Beach Condominiums, and the amenities at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel. We look forward to serving you again when you return!

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I was completely disappointed with the Marigot. I stayed there fours years ago and had a very pleasurable experience. However, since then, the hotel has gone down the tubes. When I arrived at the Marigot check-in went ok. When I got up to our room I was completly disguested. The furniture was all stained and the walls were a mess. The floor had sand on it. I went down to the front desk and they offered to give me a new room. I went to look at the other two rooms and they were weven worse then the room I was first given. So we kept it. After unpacking I went grocery shopping. When I came home to unpack I noticed the kitchen was missing, well...everything. I had to run back out and get cups, plastic bowls, and such. I did however call the front desk and they brought me a coffee maker. So after that I proceeded to clean our room. I wiped the walls, cleaned the curly hair off the toilet and put towels on the furniture. Luckly, I brought extra towels because I was informed they only provide one set. The next morning I awoke to find ants everywhere. There were four in my bed and everywhere in the kitchen. They were in the dishwasher and crawling out of the carpet border on the walls. It was so gross. I called the front desk and they were supposed to send someone up and they did not. I went out and had to buy ant traps and spray. My son was afraid to sleep in his bed after that. When I complained I was told there was nothing they can do. If my money would have been refunded I would have just left. But to throw $2000 away, I could not do. They could have offered two seperate smaller rooms(if they were cleaner), a discount, something. It just shows that all they want is your money. Needless to say, I will never go back.

1  Thank AmberNicole83
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

First, please accept our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay here. It seems as though there were definitely issues with your unit that should have been taken care of. I did try to contact you through this website and asked you to call the hotel and speak to either the general manager or myself, but we didn't hear back from you. I want to find out which unit number you were in, if you made the reservations for the condo through the Clarion next door or through a realtor or private party, and if you spoke to the general manager while you were on property about your concerns. It is our policy to move you to another room if at all possible in a situation like that. If you don't mind taking the time, we would still like to hear from you. Please call us at 800-638-2100 and ask to speak to our general manager, Mark Elman. Let him know you posted a review about the Marigot and we were trying to get in touch with you regarding your stay. Thank you again for your time, and we do hope you will give us another try when you're in Ocean City.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

As so many negative comments about Marigot Beach Condos state, these units need a lot of work. The building is located just steps from the sand but it is 25 years old and looks it. Thank God we didn't pay the high prices listed on their website. Otherwise I would have felt even worse about the $$ spent here.

We booked through cbvacations.com (Coldwell Banker), thanks to a mention I saw on tripadvisor.com. (You pick up the keys at the Coldwell office) Then try to find the correct parking space; they are not in numerical order. As mentioned in other postings, the inept use of bromine chemicals and limited hours in the indoor pool/hotub area virtually mean you don’t get to use what you paid for. After complaining to management, we were allowed to go to the Clarion Fontainebleau Hotel next door to use their spa without the paying the extra charge. But who wants to do that more than once during your stay?

As everyone on tripadvisor says, depending on the unit, the carpeting maybe stained, the sliding door to balcony will be off-kilter, there is no shower in the tiny master bath, the AC unit in the closet is loud, the balcony outdoor furniture is minimal and you will spend a lot of time waiting for the elevators.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugclu
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Marigot Beach. The Clarion Hotel does own units at Marigot Beach, which we rent out through our reservations department and we do take care of some maintenance issues.
But, as you stated, you rented your unit through Coldwell Banker Realty. We have no control over that unit, as it is privately owned.

All things considered, I think it was very neighborly for the Clarion Hotel Management to allow you to use their facilities.

As for your other issues, parking lot, Pool hours, etc. That is up to the Marigot Beach Condo Association as they make and control the rules and regulations for the building.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

We went to the Marigot thinking it would be really nice. We have a 6 month old son and he loves to swim so we were excited they had an inside pool in the condominium side. We get there and it is closed all week and only open on Friday and Saturday?!? The least thing they couldv'e done was told us our pool is closed all week. I called an complained and they said you could use the Clarion pool... with a 6 month old walking over there- not fun. Then the walls in the room was FRP board. FRP board is used in the restaurant business so that it is an easy way to clean the walls. Horrible. Never again will we stay there. Dirty also

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank babytravelerNepa
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Marigot Beach. Please let me explain why it was the way it was...... First we have to abide by the Condo Association rules and they choose to only operate their pool on weekends during the off season. We did not think this would be a problem as all condo guest are free to use the Clarion's pool. And they have commented, they perfer the Clarion pool over Marigot Beaches pool.

Now, as for the walls in the condos..... we have installed FRP board in the entry halls, only. We found this the best way to solve a huge problem. We were constantly repairing and even replacing these walls as guest would scrape, gouge and even poke holes in them upon arrival and departure with their luggage, beach equipment, etc. All other walls in the condos are dry wall, except for a couple units where we have replace the smallest wall in the dinning room as they were being gouged and scrapped by the dinning room table and chairs. It's "not fun" continuously repairing these walls.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope your next visit to Ocean City meets all your expectations.

Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed in a three bedroom condo-steps from the beach. Plenty of room. Full kitchen. Pool hours were limited-off-season.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BobbiJoPennsylvania
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2009

Thank you for your business, and thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please come see us again when you plan your next trip to Ocean City.

Reviewed September 17, 2009

The view is amazing. The room though was not as clean as it should be. We found a needle in the medicine cabinet. The remote in mbr did not work. The windows were dirty. A lot of cash for this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you found issues with your condo and I apologize.
I have forwarded your comments to all department heads and they brought up for discussion at our next meeting.
Thank you again for your comments and I hope your next choice for accommodations in Ocean City will meet your expectations.