“Right on the Beach!”

Marigot Beach Suites
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've stayed at a number of east coast beaches and we were leery about staying in the usually overcrowded OC. We usually rent a house but since this was last minute, we decided to go with a condo instead for our family of 8 (ages 17-81). We were in a 2 bedroom condo (not privately owned) and the Clarion Staff was wonderful. We went out for a few dinners but definitely made use of the kitchen. Whatever extras we needed, the Clarion staff provided immediately (larger pots and pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc). The rooms were large enough for us to all sleep comfortably. The beach was a few steps from the building, private, life-guard staffed, and not too crowded. A definite possibility for next summer!

2  Thank HappyTravelerInVA
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

We're very glad you gave us a try, and hope to welcome the whole family back again next year!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Marigot Beach is the sister building to the Clarion that offers two and three bedroom condos when families need to spread out on vacation but would like to enjoy the amenities of a hotel as well. I have stayed in the northern OC condos for 25+ years and though I was aware of the building, the nondescript nature of the outside had not motivated me to explore it further. What a gem I was missing out on!

I had the opportunity to tour this building with Sales and Marketing Director, Renee Seiden and immediately I was struck by how clean and updated the condos were on the inside. The décor reminded me very much of being at the Marriott…simple and classy. The condos come complete with a full kitchen, a washer and dryer separate from the rest of the living areas, two full bathrooms, and the best of all… linens come at no additional charge. Unlike many other condos in OC, each unit gets two parking spaces whereas other buildings will charge you upwards of $50 for an additional space. Waking up to gorgeous direct ocean views is another factor that separates this from other buildings...every unit boasts an oceanfront balcony facing the ocean directly, not a side view or a partial view. The final perk of staying here…you get to take advantage of all the amenities of the Clarion during your stay. After seeing all of this, I knew this would be the place we would stay in August.

Upon exploring the www.marigotbeachcondos.com site, I discovered another well kept Clarion secret…their family fling package. For just under $1400 my family was able to secure a two bedroom oceanfront condo, four passes to Splash Mountain, four passes for putt putt and a $150 food credit to be used at the Clarion restaurants. Comparatively speaking, you can pay this much and more for just the lodging in places that are not as well maintained as this building...this package gave us our entire vacation for one low price!

Many terrific memories were made here …from my two year old independently swimming in the shallow area of the pool, playing cards with my six year old over smoothies and mozzarella sticks on the Clarion’s deck , to dancing with both kids on our private oceanfront balcony to the tunes of the bands next door; the Clarion does the great job of setting the stage for a perfect vacation and I can’t wait to stay here again next summer!

Room Tip: Be sure to book early for the best rates!
1  Thank Jennifer B

Thank you so much for the delightful review! We look forward to welcoming you back in all the summers to come!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Rented the condo and was a horrible experience. Poor service, staff was rude and room was terrible. Room was not clean as expected, dishes from previous rental still in the dish washer and does not look like it is clean and found ants on the kitchen counter, tables and bedroom drawer tops. Floors was not clean. Will never stay at this hotel again...horrible. Not worth the money that I had to pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Aoang
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

The described conditions are inexcusable, and I apologize. I'm wondering if you rented one of our units, or if you rented a privately owned condo through a realtor. The General Manager would appreciate discussing these issues with you, if you would be so kind as to contact him, or please message your contact information via this site. Thank you, and again, our apologies.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

As first timers to OC and Marigot, I was a bit nervous going in. I got a great deal on a condo through the internet, and wasn't sure if the place would live up to it's billing. I was very pleasantly surprised. Excellent room, wonderful view, and right on one of the best beaches that I've ever encountered north of Florida. We also ended up liking the location (north of the Boardwalk) because it was pretty easy to get in and out onto the street. But, there was also a lot of shopping and eating places within walking distance. All-in-all, a very good vacation at a very good place.

1  Thank WholeWideWorld1965

We're very pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us! Thank you for the review, and we hope to be able to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had one minor annoyance - our room was not ready for more than 90 minutes past the check-in time. I would have just gone to do something else if I had known, but the gentleman at the desk had quoted us 15 minutes when we went to check in, so I waited, and waited, and waited.

The room was clean and fresh, we had two reserved parking spots, and the location right on the beach is hard to beat. Nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit for the zillion towels we take to the beach.

The kitchen is poorly equipped, however. The tableware is old (and showing its age) and there isn't enough of it. We mostly used disposable.

The pools are refreshing, though the outdoor pool is usually pretty crowded.

The rooms are remarkably quiet for being in such a busy location.

We are return guests and will return again.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, but for quiet you want to be farther from the elevators.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stjinnova
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for returning to vacation with us every year! I do apologize for the delay in getting into your unit. I would be able to better understand what happened if you're willing to message me with your date of arrival. As I explained in some earlier posts, we are currently taking inventory of all the kitchen needs in all 79 of our units. We hope to have this complete before the start of next season. I'm sorry for your inconveniences, and appreciate you taking the time to post.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ocean City is a high demand, and therefore high-priced, locale in the summer. The Marigot Beach condos are a great way to save some money, because you get a full kitchen. We travel to OC with two adults and two kids, so having two bedrooms and three beds is ideal. Once the kids settle down, we sit on the. Along drinking while watching the waves. The condos are located in he quieter part of town known as the Gold Coast, but the boardwalk and Jolly Roger theme park are a quick hop away.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Steve920

Thank you for the great review! Hope you're planning another visit soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have stayed next door for the past three summers and decided to try Marigot Beach this year as we had additional family members with us. Check in was easy, having a reserved parking space was convenient, room was clean and facilities were good, as usual. Our kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed for the week. Based on our experience we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NJM903

We very much appreciate your continued patronage! I'm glad you found everything you needed while staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.