“Great:)”

Marigot Beach Suites
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Marigot was a very nice place for our family to stay. We enjoyed the use of the gym and health spa. Having a fully equiped kitchen was economical.

Room Tip: Loved the ocean front! Would prefer staying away from the elevator noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bbb1965
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for providing us with feedback, and we will see you on your next trip here!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was really but off by the exterior, but pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to the unit. The unit was spacious with more than enough room for a family of four. Kitchen was completely updated with quality modern appliances. The view of the ocean was spectacular. I felt lilke I was practically in the ocean and the waves would come crashing through the bedroom. Very quiet. Able to access balcony from living and bedroom. Two bedroom unit... both rooms very spacious. The bathrooms were clean but a bit old and worn.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank AugusteTravel

We appreciate your feedback! Guests' comments are always welcome, and we're happy you were pleased with your unit and the view. Please consider visiting us again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The condo's are a good deal, Ocean Front, we had 2 BR, 2BA, a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and living room. Private balcony with a great view. The building is a bit dated and the units are not luxurious I would call it basic, clean, a little old but functional and good enough to enjoy the beach. Probably my only complaint has to do with the elevator which seemed to be in a constant state of breaking down and being repaired, first one then the other. Very much enjoyed though waking to the sunrise and then the great view from either the balcony or the big picture window in the master bedroom.

With full use of the hotel next door, you get two indoor and one very nice outdoor pool - which comes with pool side service from the beach bar. Beach bar is fine for drinks or a lunch although they were a bit slow which I would chalk up to the start of the season. We did not try the main restaurant

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken M
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we certainly hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We take our family ( 2 adults & 5 Kids) Every summer usually over the 4th of July and choose to stay at the Clarion/Marigot Beach Condos.. We Book the 3 Bdrm 2 Bath,. and request a High Floor, So We can Enjoy the View onto the Beach and The Bay !! Breath-taking !! Condos have no maid service But I actually Like not having People coming and going, Its only 1 week so its not hard for us to clean up after our selves. Really Love the fully equipped Kitchen and Laundry area !! If the Ocean is too rough we can choose the Indoor or Outdoor Pool and they also have activities for the kids at specific Days an Times. We LOVE sitting on our Balcony Listening to the Live Music in the late afternoon / Early Evening..Also Everyone at the Front Desk/Hotel are Very Helpful. ~~My only complaint is that some of the Condos could use a little updating an Minor Repairs~~

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mommyof5kiddos
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

We're so happy that you enjoy being with us every year! Thank you for posting some of the reasons you love staying at Marigot Beach, and enjoy the amenities at the Clarion Resort. July is fast approaching, so we'll see you soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We are from Long Island, and have always wished we could have a resort like this here. However, since we do not, the Clarion and Marigot Beach Condos are a steal. We get full private oceanfront balcony with full kitchen and laundry room in our 2-bedroom. The rooms are spacious and clean. They however, do not have daily maid service, but since I am tidy, I keep it spotless anyway. The view from the master bedroom has access to the main balcony..total privacy. Full dining area and sofa sleepers in case. Great place. Great hotel services and amenities galore.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Yanksansky

Thank you for the review, we sincerely appreciate it! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Realizing a beautiful weekend was on hand, my daughters and I (they are ages 15 and 17) decided it would be fun to go to the outlets in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware, to shop and then head to Ocean City, MD to stay the night. As it was St. Patrick's Day weekend and there was a convention in town, things in Ocean City were a little booked. We chose the Marigot Beach Suites operated by Clarion for our weekend getaway because quite honestly the pickings were slim. When you arrive, you have to check in at the Clarion, and then drive over to the Marigot next door. We did not arrive until 10:00 after shopping and having dinner, and even though we requested a room on a higher floor or at the very least away from the elevators and called back to confirm it, it was not honored. (We were, in fact, placed right next to the elevator on the 2nd floor.) We were so tired we didn't care and just headed to our room. There were about five or six very inebriated people yelling off the balcony of the Clarion right by the lobby area, whistling at my daughters and unnerving them a bit. We trudged back to the car, got our bags, and headed up to room 204.
We have learned from our travel experiences that they very first thing we do is check the room for bed bugs. Bed bugs are NASTY and not something you want to bring back into your home. The girls started to check their room: lifting up the bedspreads to see if there was white powder on the floor near the corners (there was none), blood stains on the sheets, or any bugs. My youngest daughter found a bug right away. After observing it and being a little nervous about it begin a bed bug, we touched it to see if it was dirt or if it would move, and it fell down to the mattress below and disappeared. Thinking perhaps it was just a piece of dirt, we kept looking--and found another one on the other side of the bed, by the headboard. This time, I watched as my daughter put her finger near the bug and it crawled away. We knew for sure at that point that they were both bugs and it was not our imagination. We called down the desk where they told us they would move us right away. So, we had to take all of our things back to the car (in the rain), go back to the lobby where we were again treated to the obscenities of the drunk people, and get a new room. This time we were placed in apparently the only room they had left on the 10th floor. They gave free drink cards to us (this was very helpful for my 15 and 17 year old) and told us that they would definitely notify the manager on the morning shift so that we could possibly receive a discount on our stay or a future stay. They also commented that because a competition with a certain sporting group had been in town, it was very possible the room could have bed bugs because they tend to spread with teenagers who move from location to location to location visiting friends. We went to again to settle in. A thorough check yielded no bed bug sightings, but now my youngest daughter (who found the original bed bugs) was freaking out and nervous. While this room was nicer, we could not enjoy it because it was nearly 11:00 at night and we were all utterly exhausted.

By the way: if you do not know this, always keep your suitcases and things OFF the floor unless the floor is tile. We had everything on chairs and counter tops. And, thoroughly wash any clothes you wore as soon as you get home, not letting them touch anything else, just incase there were bed bugs in the bed. The entire checking in, going back, getting a new room, and going to the new room process took about 45 minutes.

The next morning, upon checking out back at the Clarion, I asked the desk if the manager had reviewed our experience. She went to get the manager (a tall, thin man with glasses) and he came out and told me that Phyllis the house keeper found nothing in the room, they met their obligation when they moved us, and there was absolutely nothing he could do for us because they couldn't find any bed bugs. He said everyone knows about bed bugs and actually told me because it's in the news I could be making it up. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? I was mortified. Here he is, a manager of a nationally known hotel chain, and he is telling me that he doesn't believe me because they didn't find anything? I am not sure how many bedbugs were in that bed before they changed the sheets, but I figure for the two we saw, there were probably a few more. He wanted me to physically walk back to the room where the bed bugs were located and show his housekeeper where we found them--even though because they didn't find any, he wasn't going to do a darn thing in terms of discounting the room or offering any incentive for a future stay with the Clarion/Mairgot resort. And, I had already told three people very specifically where they were and even offered to draw a map of the bed and show them where they were located. But no--this manager wanted me to go back to the room even though it wasn't going to change his mind about whether or not he was going to discount my stay for the inconvenience.
Irregardless, I STILL walked back to the room to show Phyllis where the bugs were, because I knew I was not making it up. What bothers me is because he didn't believe me, he very well might rent out room 204 to someone in the near future--and I did not want someone to get infected because of his arrogance. The room would have to remain vacant for at least two weeks for the bed bugs to not be a problem for future residents. The first thing I noticed was that the bed was already made, meaning that sometime between last night when we had found them and that morning when we checked out, someone had probably already changed the sheets. But, we of course showed Phyllis where they were anyway. No bed bugs were found, but upon moving the mattress, popsicle sticks, trash, and old food was discovered behind the bed next to the wall (it was disgusting.) Phyllis said they'd bring a bed-bug sniffing dog in the room-but I don't know how many bugs need to be present for the dogs to pick them up?

We left with a promise to you, the reviewers, to beware. And perhaps if you find bedbugs at your Clarion resort, you better video tape the evidence or else you will be told they don't believe you.

Pros to this stay: the location is nice, the ocean views are nice, recent renovations have been done to the Marigot. Free (I think)? wi-fi in the Marigot.

Cons: the treatment by the manager (I felt like he was accusing me of making the entire thing up), the security's lack of taking care of the drunk people who were catcalling and whistling at passersby made it seem "cheap" to me. The shades were broke in both rooms.

PS--If I had to prove the bedbugs to them, why didn't they come look at them that night before we moved?? Why did they wait until AFTER they changed the sheets and made up the room?

I would NOT stay at the Clarion or the Marigot. Find another similarly priced hotel to spend your money. Would you want to stay at a resort where no one who works there listens to you? (No request for room location met, from quiet area to away from elevators; free drink cards great but not for teenagers; manager who tells you unless they find the evidence they don't believe you.)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank krimar
SReed64, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. We take the issue of bed bugs very seriously, and although condo 204 was included in a recently inspected group of condos, we brought the pest control company back within 48 hours of your visit. There were no bed bugs, and there was no evidence of any bed bug activity. Our housekeeping staff are trained to look for bed bug activity, and changing the sheets will not rid the room of signs of their presence; if they are in a room, they remain in the room until it is treated. We regularly have our properties inspected and on the rare occasion it’s necessary, they are treated immediately. Concerning room location, special requests are given every consideration and fulfilled whenever possible; however, they are not guaranteed.
We value all of our guests, and strive to exceed their expectations. Again, thank you for your feedback. We wish for you complete satisfaction and enjoyment in all your future travels.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

My family stayed at the Marigot Beach Condo for 5 days in June, 2011. At check-in, We asked for a lower level condo and they were very accommodating. We got a 2nd floor condo, very clean and spacious. Loved the view from the master bedroom and balcony. If you don't want to be right on the boardwalk, this is perfect...indoor/outdoor pool, clean and quiet. It was a short drive to the boardwalk, but plenty of things to do within a very short distance. I would stay again definitely.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DD1745
SReed64, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

We're glad you had such a nice time. Hope you're making plans to come back and see us soon! Thank you for the review, we appreciate it!